Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    To be fair I thought it was pronounced with the same earth as planet Earth and I've been playing for years, I'm also a native Englishman with A level English, I don't think it's as common of a pronunciation as people seem to think. I still don't really like the woman though, the Asian is much better.
    i pronounced it like earth for years until a friend corrected me!

People will always pronounce things differently. That's dialect, culture, environment, etc. Uranus, Illinois, Oregon, Paris, Lieutenant, Hearth. There's hundreds of words and names that are pronounced differently in different parts of the world. Spelling is also the same such as the difference between UK English and American. No sense complaining about pronunciation just because she doesn't say it your way. Languages will always evolve. If they didn't, we'd still be speaking the same language our ancestors did.

I say hearth like earth myself. First time I looked at it, I saw earth long before I saw heart. I also equated a hearth with a hole in the ground (earth) to build a fire, not as the heart of the home. Helped me remember what it was when I was a kid. Since fireplaces are a rare thing these days, that didn't help my impression of h-earth vs heart-h.

The woman in the middle (Kat Hunter) is Chris Metzen's wife, so she kind of has pretty good job security.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The woman in the middle (Kat Hunter) is Chris Metzen's wife, so she kind of has pretty good job security.
    Hah. He should track down OPs Blizzard accounts and "accidentally" erase everything for him being so mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Illinois
    I never really understood why people pronounce it "Illinoi" and Arkansas as "arekensaw", while Kansas is pronounced the proper english way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    Hah. He should track down OPs Blizzard accounts and "accidentally" erase everything for him being so mean.
    Oh he wouldn't do that. He loves his profits too much

Anyways day 1 is over and we're all just taking it in. But instead of putting her in a place where she belongs, where she would feel more comfortable, they tossed her right in the mix and she didn't mesh well at all.

I don't think she's a bad announcer at all.

Every time I see that lady, she annoys the hella out of me. She is clearly clueless, but always correcting others. They need to stop letting her host the show. Blizzcon doesn't need her.

I liked her. She seemed like she was more in her element than Doritopope who was clearly paid to be there and gave zero shits.

You should have seen Lore do the Arena play-by-play... he didn't even know ability names. Looked like he was slipped a drug or something.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

That looks like Kat Hunter and she knows probably more about the game than you do.

Kat has been doing the last few Blizzcons and she is the rare combination of smart and hot.

Chris Metzen also thought so as well

Geoff Keighley is actually a pretty decent games journalist and has been for a long time. He does excellent coverage at BlizzCon and I'd rather have him there than some internet guy I've never heard of. They could use a different female anchor at the desk with him, someone with more experience and who knows the industry better but who that could be I don't know off the top of my head (aside from Morgan Webb). About the only other journalist I'd trust to cover this event would be Adam Sessler, and that's because I remember his honesty from X-Play, before it went down the crapper.

If that IS Kat Hunter, who's been there every year then I'm a moron and I forgot her face and voice after a year of not seeing the livestream. So please ignore some of what I said if that's the case.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    When she brought up Dark Below, I started laughing so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    When she brought up Dark Below, I started laughing so hard.
    Yeah god forbid we get a definitive answer on that, surely nobody was interested.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

This is Chris Metzen's wife you're talking about. And what do you mean she's clueless, she is a licensing project manager at Blizz... She knows a thing or 2. People pronounce Hearthstone is so many different ways.

You don't have any other problems, do you.

Deleted
    She's always been bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    That looks like Kat Hunter and she knows probably more about the game than you do.

Kat has been doing the last few Blizzcons and she is the rare combination of smart and hot.
    Someones got a crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    Why are you being so mean to her? What did she do to you? That's someone's mother.
    That matters why?

Crendor and TB do have legitimate points in their WoW discussions. I believe they're both at Blizzcon though, so we'll see if that reignites the flame for them.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    She's always been bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Someones got a crush.
    I was devasted when i found out she chose Metzen over me