Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've had enough of it as well. The game has so many amazing cultures and they choose to focus on the blandest most unoriginal one yet again.

Apparently there is a whole lot of people that enjoy orcs though. Whatever, Blizzard know$ best.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    agreed. and please stop this nonsense about cata not being horde centered cuse it was, having its leader as the main figure who does everything regardless of any pretense that he isnt horde is absurd

Deleted
    The draenei models they've shown are still the old low quality ones. And why are all orcs brown instead of green? The brown mag'har orcs never waged war, it was the green ones.

And this is why Metzen needs to be removed from any decisions regarding World of Warcraft. And as much as that douchebag denies it, there IS a Horde bias and they prove it every Blizzcon and every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    Illidan, a former nightelf, Lich King/Arthas, a former alliance prince, == 2 Alliance expansion + WoW classic is Alliance too.
    So two former members which never had any story for them in game whatsoever relating to faction vs three expansions worth of main Horde characters....yeah, totally balanced.

The closest there has ever been to an Alliance expansion is WotLK where they did honestly get more story for Arthas. Beyond that though, there's no comparison. Blizzard has a massive hard on for Horde, even more so for Orcs.

Deleted
    Horde is majority. Why should Blizzard listen to lesser majority Alliance? They will earn less money that way.

Change either [Horde] or [Alliance] into [Casual] and [Hardcore], and you will be able to make the top line into past forum discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I've had enough of it as well. The game has so many amazing cultures and they choose to focus on the blandest most unoriginal one yet again.

Apparently there is a whole lot of people that enjoy orcs though. Whatever, Blizzard know$ best.
    I got to agree. After all that jargon of trying to hype the alliance and the past expansions being mediocre for Alliance, we get this. My first thoughts after seeing that was WTF. Now, after thinking a little ore on it, it's still WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The draenei models they've shown are still the old low quality ones. And why are all orcs brown instead of green? The brown mag'har orcs never waged war, it was the green ones.
    Maybe because green skin is caused by corruption out of drinking blood of mannoroth which never happened in the events of WoD.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Maybe because green skin is caused by corruption out of drinking blood of mannoroth which never happened in the events of WoD.
    Green skin was caused by corruption from wielding fel magic as warlocks. This happened before they drank Mannoroth's blood.

Iron horde =/= The Horde the players are in. Just because it's Orcs doesn't mean it's Horde, just like every troll patch isn't horde, just like WoTLK undead isn't horde. Not to mention the fact Metzen himself stated all the reasons MoP was an Alliance expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, alliance got the black temple, so, SHUSH :O!

Deleted
    Yay more orc, and another occasion to please Alliance by bashing Hordies.

Woo. I'm already sick of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I
    Relevant and on-topic

Infracted
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-11-08 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    "the pillars of the franchise are orcs and humans"
    Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    Is the Pandaren’s thoughtful mentality going to change the Horde and Alliance? Are the Horde and Alliance just going to go there, corrupt it, and then go back to what they were doing before?

I guess the way I would answer that is… Ultimately, for my part, I always come back to this one theme in Warcraft. I think the core of Warcraft’s animus is cyclic. Because you can only push racial hatred through so many products without it feeling like the same old thing, and thus end. But the pillars of the franchise are orcs and humans; it really is the Alliance and Horde by extension, and it really is those two groups beating the brains out of each other for an extended period of time. That’s always gotta be what Warcraft is about. (Source)
    What I don't understand is why the dislike of expansions featuring a large amount of orcs is disliked so much. You people know that the orcs came through the dark portal and caused hell, and lore, lore, etc. This game is based around that sort of lore history. Metzen noted during the opening ceremony that the Alliance still stand as a symbol of justice... and how incredibly geeky that was, he's right. The Alliance decided to let the horde move on with a new leadership. They were a symbol of a "hero" type faction, while the horde was in ruins brutishly fighting its own. (Btw I am horde, I play 0 alliance toons). This expansion goes back to the roots of the problems, and how I don't know, rather nobody so far knows, the idea of how the expansion will play out; if you don't like orcs this much. Why are you playing this game at all? Sure you have a right to opinion, but why do you choose to play a game centered around Orc and Human gameplay with the occasional enemy who is not so much like us.

Ex. Arthas was an ally turned bad, we killed him.
    Ex. Garrosh was a horde turned super bad horde, we imprisoned him.

The humans, aka argent crusade led the battles to arthas, is that not saying humans are centering the wotlk xpac? And for the horde being send on this escapade to destroy its warchief. Are orcs not centering this expansion? Your favoritism towards humans is showing since you complain about orc centered xpacs when another xpac could seem to be a human based one.

Deleted
    Totally bored of Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    Illidan, a former nightelf, Lich King/Arthas, a former alliance prince, == 2 Alliance expansion + WoW classic is Alliance too.
    just because last enemy was former alliance member doesn't make it alliance expansion
    (Illidan story was in just one zone right? only show up in 2 quest+-?)
    (look at mop > look bacy at BC)

Lich King/Arthas = undead king = horde
    joking aside > both Illidan and Arthas from old alliance not current one we play in WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    yay more Thrall lore as he meets his daddy!!!! Gary Sue FTW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Looks Draenei centric as well.
    exactly, they need it!
    i am looking forward to some good draenic stories!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Iron horde =/= The Horde the players are in. Just because it's Orcs doesn't mean it's Horde, just like every troll patch isn't horde, just like WoTLK undead isn't horde. Not to mention the fact Metzen himself stated all the reasons MoP was an Alliance expansion.
    MoP an alliance expansion you sir are either a troll or a mad man drinking from the same cup as that deluded orc lover Metzen

Let's not forget that they said this xpac will spill over into the next... so at least 4 in a row.