wow not ending anytime soon

metzen just confirmed they have expansions planned out for the next 6 years
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Yep... they have to fill the huge hole Titan has left them.

He also seemed to suggest the expansion after this one will follow on in terms of lore and story.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Meanwhile Wildstars and Everquest Next...
    Blizzard trying to pull a Call of Duty.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not pulling a "call of duty" they're continuing their favourite game. I don't want wow to end. There's still more story to come, they'll keep making it. A call of duty would be making am RTS Warcraft 8 or 9. This is just like adding extra flavour and awesomeness to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Yep... they have to fill the huge hole Titan has left them.

He also seemed to suggest the expansion after this one will follow on in terms of lore and story.
    Burning Legion probably.

Nothing new. 6 years, meaning 3 expansions. We already heard they plan 3 expansions ahead. WoD is the first in those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nothing new. 6 years, meaning 3 expansions. We already heard they plan 3 expansions ahead. WoD is the first in those.

Didn't they say they want an expac a year? Makes it slightly more impressive to think of 6 expacs!

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Didn't they say they want an expac a year? Makes it slightly more impressive to think of 6 expacs!
    HA! they've been saying they want an expansion a year since vanilla...

I am sure with this type of story following them up in 6 years we will get revamped Northrend with Garrosh as the Lich King.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    HA! they've been saying they want an expansion a year since vanilla...

Yes, but they're also employing A LOT of nee people to make it happen

Well now that they can pull time travel plots out of their asses they have literally decades worth of expansion possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    They're not pulling a "call of duty" they're continuing their favourite game. I don't want wow to end. There's still more story to come, they'll keep making it. A call of duty would be making am RTS Warcraft 8 or 9. This is just like adding extra flavour and awesomeness to WoW.
    Revenue dropping 54% in 7 months.
    Subs dropping every month.
    Blizzard store.
    This expansion

You'd have to be blind to not see this. They're just trying to milk the last few pennies from WoW before they turn to Titan.

Deleted
    well at least they have the man-power for this after they somewhat trashed Titan completely aka "major revamp".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genetikz View Post
    Meanwhile Wildstars and Everquest Next...
    Just like SWTOR and GW2 eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Yes, but they're also employing A LOT of nee people to make it happen
    They *might* get a formula together for year 1/2 long expansions, but to believe in yearly expansions at this point is a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    Gw2 is doing fine in terms of population, its not a sub game anyways. Thats like saying the Last Of Us sucks because less people are playing it now than they did at release.

Plus I think you missed the fact that Rift gained 250,000 new subs while wow lost 100,000
    Chronomancer Club

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    stuff
    I mean weren't they WoW killers? Just like WS and EQN going to be?
    I think he was referring to those games as of "better/bigger/cooler" , the same old hype for games that haven't came out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    GW2 is actually winning subs right now, they're at around 1.3.
    Then theres also Rift doing fine.

Remember WoW had 12 millions players back then? They at 7.7M now, and at this rate, gonna be much much lower.
    Then Wildstars and Everquest comes out, ain't going to help WoW subs number. Wouldn't surprise me if WoW drops below 4-5M

@PaulDok
    They might not be ''WoW killers'', because lets be honest, WoW will never die, there will always be a strong playerbase.
    But the numbers don't lie, WoW reign is over.

And please, take a look at Everquest Next features, tell me that its going to flop.
    Last edited by Genetikz; 2013-11-08 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Gw2 is doing fine in terms of population, its not a sub game anyways. Thats like saying the Last Of Us sucks because less people are playing it now than they did at release.

Plus I think you missed the fact that Rift gained 250,000 new subs while wow lost 100,000
    Rift is free. How many new paying accounts did they keep through the first pay cycle? Considering C=level execs are jumping from Trion left and right, it isn't doing as well as you claim.

And Everquest/EQ2 pumped out at least 1 expac a year for like....what...forever? EQ1 has like 18 standing expacs, most of which had nothing more than 1 of WoW content updates, along with less between expansion patches or content, for the same prices.

WoW players are some entitled babies, dayum.