Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What is the ITEM SQUISH?!

Everyone keeps referring to this item squish and I have NO idea what the hell it is...

Anyone care to explain? (Sorry if I'm derping)

Instead of doing 1M damage per attack to a boss with 100M health, you would do 1 damage to a boss with 100 health, basically.
    Although not that extreme.

blizzard reducing the stats on all items in game...bringing everyone's health/damage back to a less ridiculous level.

They're taking out some of the 0s so the numbers don't get even more ridiculously large. It won't affect your gameplay whatsoever.

Deleted
    Ohhhh! I see!

Thanks guys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    They're taking out some of the 0s so the numbers don't get even more ridiculously large. It won't affect your gameplay whatsoever.
    except it will, if green level 91 quest rewards gear will have +30-60 stats what will level 10-20-etc leveling gear look like ? + 0.00000000...00002 stats ? o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of.

The idea is to take all previous content and squish it to be nearly the same, a la the first 60 levels. You don't really gain an incredible amount of power between level 1 - 60, but level 60 - 70 and level 70 - 80 sees a nearly 3x increase. 80 - 85 is 5x, and 85 - 90+ sees you grow in power by nearly 10x.

So instead you'd have 1 - 90 being a relatively slow growth and only the newest content having any kind of leap in power. Sort of. That's the best I can seem to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmiSc View Post
    except it will, if green level 91 quest rewards gear will have +30-60 stats what will level 10-20-etc leveling gear look like ? + 0.00000000...00002 stats ? o.O
    ...No? They could keep current stats 1-60 and be fine. 60-70 might need to see a small touch, 70-80 would see a little large of a touch, and 80-85 would see the most drastic chance, with gear levels likely being on par with level 65-70ish items before the reduction. Of course 85-90 would be reduced as well.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FozeEU View Post
    Everyone keeps referring to this item squish and I have NO idea what the hell it is...

Anyone care to explain? (Sorry if I'm derping)
    Instead of being more powerfull, you will be downgraded.

Will be harder to solo old bosses.

Prepare for your thread to instantly be filled with a thousand of comments about people arguing about the item squish.

*poof*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post

They've made it clear that the squish will not prevent you from solo'ing.

Where do they talk about it? What panel? Time?

Deleted
    They've made it clear that the squish will not prevent you from solo'ing.
    But will be harder. Is simple math.

No that is not the case. The item squish would also reduce all bosses health and damage as well.

EDIT: In other words, you would lose ZERO power in relation to now. The only difference is that the numbers would be lower, thus making it easier to get an average for DPS and what is appropriate for comparison. On top of that, it makes it easier to comprehend numbers on the fly.
    Last edited by ElfinHilon10; 2013-11-08 at 11:42 PM.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

But will be harder. Is simple math.
    If they did nothing else, it would have. However, they made it abundantly clear that they're NOT going to just switch some numbers up and leave it at that.

Just one example of how they could implement it is in addition to the item level squish, they also make it such that damage taken from monsters significantly lower level than you is significantly reduced (and your damage done to them is significantly increased).

Its a not so elegant way to deal with the display number engine.

Its quite unfair, i really wanted the choice on sticking with "huge silly numbers"; and like me there are tons more like me that enjoy big numbers.

At least, they could at least try on a workaround just to make everyone happy: some kind of filter that transforms a 1.935.896 M crit into a 1.936K displayed crit (while combat log working as usual, so WoL/meters aren't affected at all).
    Health boss? from 700.000.000 to just 700.000k.
    Or viceversa ofc.

Deleted
    No that is not the case. The item squish would also reduce all bosses health and damage as well.
    You will be squished harder then the old bosses.

For example you 30x , the old bosses between 10x and 20x .

This is a squish . The solution where you are squished with the same amount like the bosses is called MEGADAMAGE. ( removing zeroes).

But is not Megadamage, is squish . So without further buffs will be harder to solo.

Thant mean NERF.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Its a not so elegant way to deal with the display number engine.

Its quite unfair, i really wanted the choice on sticking with "huge silly numbers"; and like me there are tons more like me that enjoy big numbers.

At least, they could at least try on a workaround just to make everyone happy: some kind of filter that transforms a 1.935.896 M crit into a 1.936K displayed crit (while combat log working as usual, so WoL/meters aren't affected at all).
    Health boss? from 700.000.000 to just 700.000k.
    Or viceversa ofc.
    Actually in my opinion it is sort of the *most* elegant way of dealing with something they are forced to deal with... you know, considering it won't affect gameplay at all.

It is the Babbification of items for Babbies.

You will be squished harder then the old bosses.

For example you 30x , the old bosses between 10x and 20x .

This is a squish . The solution where you are squished with the same amount like the bosses is called MEGADAMAGE. ( removing zeroes).

But is not Megadamage, is squish . So without further buffs will be harder to solo.

Thant mean NERF.
    They already came out and said you will still solo old content if you do now.

Anyway this change was expected. Anyone denying it has issues...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.