Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    They look pretty interesting, although not really well thought for new talents. I wonder how CA will work with MoM after it expires. Restore last active Eclipse bonus maybe?

Do we have any pics for potentially changed current talents?
    Well so far we don't know what is happening to old skills and talents maybe they will be changed the only way I see it working is maybe giving you just a stand alone damage buff.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised that one of the talents converts FR into an absorption mechanic... I wonder if they're finally deciding to get rid of the Glyph of FR. From a Guardian perspective, I'm happy that we're likely getting talents that are more about mitigation versus healing. There is some irony, though, as the mechanics for each of those talents embodies mechanics of all the tanks (absorption with FR, super bear armor passively, and "blocking" with Enrage).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Grum88 View Post
    The Genesis type talent..i guess we have to dot then pop the skill? It would be OP if it suddenly cast dots on all target within 60 yards xD
    Inc + CA DoTs on 15 targets then channel that. HNNNNNNG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Inc + CA DoTs on 15 targets then channel that. HNNNNNNG
    I know I know... /drool

The Druid talents to me seem like very very rough ideas, so not worth paying much attention too yet. Passives that minimize annoying class mechanics? Maybe as glyphs, but not as lvl 100 talents. Expect at least one or two active talents to be brought in.

Deleted
    Maybe better to post the talents in your spec specific forum? xD this thread is getting confusing about what spec you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    The Druid talents to me seem like very very rough ideas, so not worth paying much attention too yet. Passives that minimize annoying class mechanics? Maybe as glyphs, but not as lvl 100 talents. Expect at least one or two active talents to be brought in.
    Exactly my thoughts. They seem like QoL stuff that they could implement in the specs but instead used them to kill 2 birds with one stone...

The 100% Eclipse one is fairly useless considering you're still dependant on NG.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The 100% Eclipse one is fairly useless considering you're still dependant on NG.
    Unless they're finally ditching NG, since it causes stupid QoL issues.
    Touch of Elune is pretty hawt though, for both balance and resto. Get two, maybe three free regrowths instead of one!
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Finally some good news came out of this Blizzcon!

This solves 50% of my problems with this game.

Still going to suffer from the issues of nature's grace uptime during aoe. Not happy at all

sunfall? wtb creativity. this it total dogshit makes no sense for the moonkin spec they are clueless need to actually sit down and try to channel a hurricane on 40 moving npcs 40 yards away jk u cant

why does feral get mindless one button dot spread and not moonkin? what a total joke.

OOC talent means clearcasting procs for Resto would last 5 seconds instead of fading on use. Thats the legendary meta proc +1 second.
    Last edited by Xyrax; 2013-11-09 at 02:05 AM.

Touch/Will of Malfurion, absolutely amazing. MoM - Trash due to NG + Doesn't take long to actually transition unless they rework how Balance is played completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspiration View Post
    Touch/Will of Malfurion, absolutely amazing. MoM - Trash due to NG + Doesn't take long to actually transition unless they rework how Balance is played completely.
    100% mastery uptime isn't exactly trash level even though my thoughts about the talents above.

Deleted
    I'll be honest those talents can't work fine for balance druid without changing other class core mechanics, and Equinox is OP.

• Might of Malorne: no dead space between eclipses.
      Pro:
      • finally makes Incarnation a 100% active DPS cooldown talent (would be perfect if it was off the GCD)
      • We can't be caught out of eclipse when we need to use hurricane / astral storm
      • removes the problem where increasing haste to reach another dot tick due to crit you risk to extend the dot and make it fall off while in post eclipse, having to choose to refresh it before time, making the haste breakpoint useless or hoping in some extra nuke crits to extend it and benefit from higher haste.
      • you can use every proc of shooting stars because you will never be one cast away from eclipse and have to wait using it and reach the eclipse first, risking to waste more SS procs.
      Cons:
      • The class has to be balanced around having a dead space between the eclipses, thus to keep eclipse 100% of the time it should lower our spell damage by x% to keep it on par with other talent choices.
      • It makes Incarnation mandatory because treants do not benefit from eclipse (this could be changed)
    • Will of Malfurion: channel to accelerate dot's by 400%.
      Pro:
      • High burst damage when you have Celestial Alignment active
      • Helps at higher levels of gear when you have much more haste for DoT breakpoints and you risk to extend dots making them fall off while not in eclipse having to hope in crits that will extend the dot or refresh it before eclipse fade, making breakpoints useless. (you accelerate the dot to make it fall off before eclipse ends)
      Cons:
      • Dots' duration is already very low with just 12sec, lowering them will just mean haveing to waste more GCD sooner.
      • Accelerating dots will cause multiple Shooting Stars procs that will go wasted
    • Touch of Elune: rest starfall and transforms it into sunfall when you reach solar eclipse
      Pro:
      • Helps to balance wrath low damage post eclipse
      • Good for movement fights and multitarget
      Cons:
      • It's boring, but at least it's not OP like Might of Malorne and not countering spec core mechanics like Will of Malfurion.

Touch of Elune, solves the 1 issue Guardians have, mitigating incoming damage. Good job on that Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    100% mastery uptime isn't exactly trash level even though my thoughts about the talents above.
    You do make a good point, I guess "trash" was a bit of an overstatement. I guess we'll have to see what happens through changes, what's viable in the next expansion in terms of raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Touch of Elune, solves the 1 issue Guardians have, mitigating incoming damage. Good job on that Blizz.
    That's partially why, barring other Guardian changes that may be coming down the pipeline, that the talents from a Guardian perspective seem a little more refined than the other specs. While other druid specs have their own QoL issues, Guardians likely have the most problematic issue: it's very hard to adapt to different tanking mechanics since currently our model is to avoid it completely or survive and heal up afterwards. While glyphs and/or a major overhaul could potentially come up with a unique solution, the talent system providing 3 major ways to alter how Guardians deal with encounters is likely the best solution overall.

I should mention that the talents still allow Guardians to maintain some semblance of their identity thus far (assuming no other drastic changes to how Guardians work... that's a big assumption). I like how at least one of the three talents allows us to stay the same way we are now, adding additional armor to likely keep us the kings of passive melee mitigation. For once, I think we'll actually have a meaningful choice on our hands that allows us to play how we want to play.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-11-09 at 03:05 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrmm... Let me see, viewpoint on the talent as a bear..

Will of Malfurion- 200% of agility as armor. Atm, this would grant me.. 67k extra armor, putting me at the effective 75% damage reduction cap (Although it'll probably be 85% next expansion) against bosses. A decent bonus against hard-hitting physical bosses that do not bypass armor.

Might of Malorne- After using enrage, the damage dealt by the next attack is reduced by 50%. Now, this is similar to monk's Dampen Harm, with 2 cons. The first is that enrage currently is on the GCD. The second is that it can be used up by ANY attack, compared to the monk's only having it used up by an attack that exceeds 20% of max health. (Of course, only 1 attack is another con, but still). The pro is that it has a 60 second cooldown, and will give druids an additional tool to reduce heavy-hitting attacks even more, assuming that bear's remain unchanged (Unlikely). Thus, while not as useful as Malfurion's for physical damage fights, and not as useful as Elune's (will get to it next) for intensive magical fights, if you have a singular extremely large hit coming in fairly often (With this, you would have been able to I.E soak every other decap on the boss), its pretty useful.

Touch of Elune- turns FR into an absorb for 15 seconds, hopefully at the same/slightly better rate. If it's the same rate, well, Absorbs have the effect of temporarily increasing EH, and this talent will increase it better then any single other talent, even if it absorbs the same damage as it does now. Pumping up the health in preparation for very-often hard hitting abilities, reducing the overheal of FR to 0, allowing it to be used while off-tanking to absorb incoming damage, ect, ect, is pretty huge. On the other hand, if it does not stack with itself (akin to the current shield barrier for prot), it'll make the current pure-RPS gen fairly bad- with FR, once you hit BiS atm, you can spam it every 1.5 seconds and generate a ton of healing, and while most of that will go to overhealing, this will not, if it doesn't stack (It'll be wasted, in other words).

Anyway, all 3 of these talents seem to be decently balanced. Malorne is slightly on the weak side, and Malfurion is a powerful passive, but either way, will probably not be completely reverted due to it being contradictive/stupidly OP/hard to implement.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, thoughts on the feral talents...

Malorne- passive Savage Roar. This is a GREAT QoL change for the nub players- in practice, its just one extra FB every 41 seconds. For me, that equals out to a 7k dps increase, similar to what the lvl 90 talents equal out to compared to no talents.

Elune- Moonfire usable in cat form, 30 energy, generates one combo point. Lets assume that Moonfire gets buffed for feral, otherwise, this is a waste of a talent. Assuming it does get buffed, well, one extra DoT for ferals to keep up, and it gives them an extra ability to use during range periods (There hasn't really been a single Atramedes this fight, but this would be useful on Dark Shaman and a few others where you cant have 100% uptime on the boss)

The biggest one, Malfurion- Thrash spreads Rake to other damaged enemies. For AoE, this is basically... god-talent. Any time that you have 2 targets that are close enough together to thrash, you take this talent, period. It leaves every single other talent behind in the dust, for all classes, for AoE. On the other hand, if you can't use thrash on 2 targets in a fight, well, its useless. (Siegecrafter... and juggernaut are the only ones i can think of this tier. Everything else, this would find good use)

So yea, Malfurion leaves the other ones in the dust in clumped-multi target situations. Elune will probably add an extra DoT to the single target rotation, and probably be the highest single-target to use. Malorne is just QoL rotation change (dumbing down hur hur), and adds an extra FB a bit under once/minute in ideal circumstances.

I can see these getting changed for feral, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.