Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Kind of weird to be going into an "Orc" expansion, when the end boss of MoP was an Orc.

Also, Draenor sounds too much like Drano.

I'll concede that the trailer sucked, but I'm a little more concerned about the actual game which looks awesome so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by TmrAsakura View Post
    you realise that probably ALOT of features and content, etc hasnt been revealed yet right? and the trailer i believe is a teaser so how about just waiting before complaining
    It's Blizzcon, why would they hold anything back? They want to get everyone excited about the expansion, holding stuff back makes no sense.

I really fear that this expansion is going to be as bad as Cataclysm, or even worse

It wasnt a great announcement, but by no means the worst. Anyone here remember mop unveal? hello? that was a disaster the size of Pompeji

The only thing that actually got me excited was Garrison, but other than that.., limp of an excitement. This is pretty much it, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I really fear that this expansion is going to be as bad as Cataclysm, or even worse
    I fear this as well. The map is very uninspiring. The zones look bland.

The trailer was pure rubbish, i know a lot of Private servers that have far better trailers made by 1 man... Also the areas around WOD seemed so familiar to Cata, no wonder why that guy that created cata was reassigned in the world creation... hopefully new games coming out and population decline will fix this. Already a lot of servers in EU have had a merge cause there were barely 100 active players in them. I believe if wow goes down to 1-2m subs worldwide will definately not come back again and will give space to new games that actually deserve it but people decline them in order to return to the wow easy enviroment.

wow only lost 100k subs. wow isn't going anywhere sorry

The amount of negativity is just upsetting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    That just goes to show exactly how pathetic the majority of the people on this board really are - next to that I doubt most of the negativity is even real and not just bitching for the sake bitching.

Sure I'm not totally happy about another Orc related story but on the other hand the story does flow over nicely and if its only the start of the exp I think the real baddies will present themselves and we'll deal with them accordingly. I'm happy for all the Draenei players getting some love among many many things!

I love everything but the fact I may never get to play an Arrakoa and I felt this was the last chance for them to be introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    That just goes to show exactly how pathetic the majority of the people on this board really are - next to that I doubt most of the negativity is even real and not just bitching for the sake bitching.
    Wow, generalization much? My first response to the expansion was not a positive one, I loved the MoP reveal and subsequent expac reveals, this one was simply underwhelming. That doesn't mean that I won't warm up to the xpac or that I won't find out more about the upcoming features that will make me excited for the game.

It should be ok for people to express less than positive opinions here, discounting another person's opinion just because you don't agree with it doesn't make their opinion less legitimate than your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    After Chris Metzen lulling us to sleep by stalling as long as possible on stage, that had to be the worst expansion announcement I have seen. Nothing to look forward to whatsoever... I hope these panels spark it up. But hey, we got updated character models that are 10% done?

I've never watched an expansion reveal and then asked myself "okay... but what is it?"

Where is the endboss, the new technology, the new class/race, the cool new dungeons, the things that sell an expansion? I am underwhelmed right now. Instanced Guild housing and character models, thats ALL?

And remember, this is the result of the "Biggest WoW Team Ever."

Only 6 new dungeons..... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Outland revamp, rehashed bosses and zones, here we come. Yes, this is your expansion:

I honestly prefer this expansion than MoP, in terms of Lore, when this expansion comes out, I'm gonna pretend that MoP never ever happened, that pandas don't exist.

This expansion looks beyond amazing.

Lore will be AWESOME:
    OBEY THE PUG!

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    I'll concede that the trailer sucked, but I'm a little more concerned about the actual game which looks awesome so whatever.
    The trailer was much better than what we've had in the past, in my opinion.

It looks awesome to me. We absolutely don't need any more classes or races. I was hoping there wouldn't be any so I'm happy. I'm excited about this. The trailer was great btw.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spent a ton of money to go to Blizzcon this year.....for WoD first look. 20 members of our guild all came out together. Pretty freaking upset to say the least. WoD looks worse than MoP. Even Cata looked better at the start. Not to mention nearly all the "new" features are copied right off others games. Build a Garrison, getting followers, follower quests, and everything is a complete SWTOR rip off. I mean serious you get a ship you customize, followers, and everything. Blizz ripped off SWTOR hardcore.

Secondly what happened to storyline? Time travel to the past and screw up the lore.........totally interesting..... Then removing "unwanted stats like hit and expertise"............are we serious here??? We only get 6 instances.......and more god forsaken scenarios........

Voting with my wallet. Not buying this huge piece of shit. I'll be purchasing ESO and our guild is switching over. I mean seriously it can't be worse than WoW now days. Now wonder this game is bleeding subs and at less than 7.6 million subs..... Largest WoW team managed to do less than any other....Congratz. Needless to say Blizz just lost more players. We all unsubbed after the panel. Not interest in a casual grind feast that this game will be. WoD is being shamefully talked about all over the convention. Worst Blizzcon reveal ever....

Deleted
    What this expansion should of been:

More Burning Legion focused.
    Set on Argus. We bring the fight to them.
    New race.
    Or new class.
    More green fire.

What we got:

Some random Time Travel storyline.
    Updated models that really should of been a token gesture, not a main feature.
    Garrisons...
    Copy and paste of Outland, with previous expansions art / concepts used for the "new" zones.

MoP was a filler expansion, but it felt "right" and was featured packed. This one however just looks dull as dishwater. Only thing I'm looking forward to is the soloing capabilities at 100, the rest is "meh".

The worst part was Chris Metzen's attempt to build it up, then the panel straight after. He stumbled over his words a lot, like he realised "shit, we have nothing special to show here".
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2013-11-09 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    Yea..
    people were so set on legion or emerald when it wouldnt happen, because of that HURR DURR QQ WHY YOU SO DULL AND BAD BLIZZ WHY and gibberish

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Nothing was explained - why Draenor? What's happening? Who is the enemy?
    It was explained. What made people super excited about Warcraft? The original Warcraft games. One Dev pushed really hard for this version of introducing World of Warcraft players who may not have played the original Warcraft games (like myself) to these lore figures we've only heard about but in a very distant, impersonal way.

What's happening? Garrosh hopped realities and went back in time, and is now threatening our present and original reality with a united Iron Horde he helped form, without fel corruption.

Who is the enemy (the final raid boss enemy I assume you mean)? Blizzard refuses to name names, but players are pointing at Kairos I believe (sp?). And even then, how much of an enemy is he - just a misguided, nutjob Bronze trying to see how alterations to time can be made without destroying the original, or a murderous nutjob Bronze looking to die for the purpose of increasing our heroes' battle prowess to prepare us for a coming war? (or just wants to kill us...)
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig