Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Regarding the Blizzcon Arena Matches

I am stuck at work and unable to watch (bummer). Anyone know if I can watch the matches online almost immediately after? I don't want to have to wait a week to see them.
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role." ~ WoWHead

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of Conan O'Brien showing up to shoutcast with Hoodrych (NOT KIDDING! FUCKING AWESOME), the games today have been pathetic. Bunch of teams running sub par comps. Paladin healers, Shadow Priests. It really showed that they need to setup the qualifier for Blizzcon in the patch played at Blizzcon. Almost every series was 3-0, and the 0 going to a comp that gets destroyed on the live ladder.

Watching Chinese WMP get stomped by LSD wasnt fun. Or the EU dream team getting stomped 3-0 by Skill Capped because they are running God Comp against LSD as if its 5.1. That team then went and played WMD against a team running War Hunter Pally, and crushed them, because ITS A PALLY HEALER.

All I can think watching these games is how easily the top RMD and WMD teams on Ladder would blow them away. So far only Skill Capped has shown they know what patch they are playing on.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Most games have actually been very entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVP Live vs EU games to end the day were pretty good. If only because the EU team pulled a DK for some reason.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The matches did not really keep my attention as they did in previous years. It seemed absurdly easy to score a kill this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop med. i think gem not balance but fun watch. dun med. just fun. also yes paladin healer petch not stronk.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Outside of Conan O'Brien showing up to shoutcast with Hoodrych (NOT KIDDING! FUCKING AWESOME), the games today have been pathetic. Bunch of teams running sub par comps. Paladin healers, Shadow Priests. It really showed that they need to setup the qualifier for Blizzcon in the patch played at Blizzcon. Almost every series was 3-0, and the 0 going to a comp that gets destroyed on the live ladder.

Watching Chinese WMP get stomped by LSD wasnt fun. Or the EU dream team getting stomped 3-0 by Skill Capped because they are running God Comp against LSD as if its 5.1. That team then went and played WMD against a team running War Hunter Pally, and crushed them, because ITS A PALLY HEALER.

All I can think watching these games is how easily the top RMD and WMD teams on Ladder would blow them away. So far only Skill Capped has shown they know what patch they are playing on.

this.

They may be probably the best godcomp in WOW but thats because nobody else wants to play godcomp becauses it's not good enough.

LSD will just outlast and outdmg as was proven in that game, zuni was chilling low mana for ages because shadow does have mana problems if vt's aren't allowed to go out often enough.

Blizzcon could be a much better event so easily.

Deleted
    The finals will be decent. I expected a easy EU/NA semi-finals, but this Korean team seems solid.

God knows why they bothered inviting any of the other teams though, the KFC played like average 1800 players.

But all the invites were really really poorly managed (inviting based on TR was pointless as the TR ladders on both EU and US were fairly dead), and the fact the TR was played on a different patch makes the whole thing lackluster due to bad comps being played. God comp hasn't been good for months...

Ignoring the state of the game and whether or not the games were actually that enjoyable to watch (only a couple of them were), there havn't been many technical hitches and the delays between games weren't as bad as previous Blizzcons.

It just seems odd that with a $200,000 dollar prize pool that it all feels thrown together at the last minute, even though its like that every year. They didn't even have nameplates turned on and the tournament UI seems to get worse every year.

I always enjoy Arena tournaments, but this years Blizzcon just seems underpar.

Multiple minor UI bugs, which would've been obvious with 5 minutes testing. The UI is also pretty awful, not being able to see mana tea stacks or durations on any buffs or debuffs is pretty annoying.

Overall, the tournament really would've benefited from either the teams qualifying in 5.4, or the entire thing being played in 5.3. We're seeing people playing Warrior which they've only started playing in 5.4. Also, the standard of some of the non EU and US teams is pretty surprising. Apart from LG IM, the other teams could easily be mistaken for 2.2k teams.

It's a shame because, as stickyjam said, Blizzcon could be an amazing event.

Can someone tell me which match conan hosted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Asian teams are complete shit. Those slots should have gone to more US/EU teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Asian teams are complete shit. Those slots should have gone to more US/EU teams.
    Yea I would second that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I'd say LG-IM is doing a fairly good job, although I'd say they could have done better if Adouken didn't quit WoW (I'm sad ). The other teams look like your average 2.2k team :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Can someone tell me which match conan hosted?
    It was skilled capped against Flash Wolves. Took me a minute to remember the opponent, but I could do to their awesome rock god hair.

I always enjoy Arena tournaments, but this years Blizzcon just seems underpar.
    I think its an improvement in some ways. I think its much better managed this time. There was no 1-2 hr break in the middle of games. They even have a count down till the next game, and they even got the participants correct. My memories of past tournaments is filled with long waiting periods wondering when they will actually get back to playing.

The technical difficulties didn't cause hours of delays like in years past, just a UI glitch. Which I wonder if they could have gotten around by turning on Name Plates.

Dampening is also a big + imo. Remember those Wizard mirrors that would end on a time out over and over and got decided by damage done. Like the last Blizzcon didnt they end up going hours late because of time out games. Glad that bullshit is gone.

So Skill Capped Sweeps up MIR 7-0 and Wins it all. Which I am glad because watching Zunniyaki half ass warrior was just sad. They really need to fix this setup for next year. How hard is it to set the qualifiers during the patch Blizzcon is on. Its been what 5-6 weeks now since the patch went through, they couldnt have had a 2 week period in that to qualify, then a month to get people's travel setup.

That final should have been Skill Capped vs a real WMD or RMD.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-11-10 at 12:55 AM.

damn, that wasn't even close, MIR didnt manage to put any pressure on Skill Capped, 4-0

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I never liked how they changed how they choose the teams.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

It was skilled capped against Flash Wolves. Took me a minute to remember the opponent, but I could do to their awesome rock god hair.
    I combed the VODs on the WoW twitch channel but I couldn't find that match, let alone Conan. If I missed it could you give me the time it's at?

Could of literally just swapped out zuni for trille, how the LSD were playing though they would of beat that anyway. Outlast and RNG down, collect wins.

Watching the arena matches really makes me wish Blizzard has supported it as much as SC2, look how big that got even with well it's really just Koreans playing now (Hahaha, Jaedong King of 2nd place). Can really see arena is sidelined on the esports front even from Blizzard's perspective.