Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    That has absolutely nothing to do with bigger numbers taking more time to calculate, it's about people still using the 32-bit client..
    If they stopped support for that the squish wouldn't be needed since 64bit architecture can support numbers many times higher than 32bit (which caps out at around 2.1 billion)

blizzard won't drop support for 32bit client though.

but wether we like it or not, the squish will happen, i just hope they find a longer term fix

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I'm seeing 46k - 49k health on tanks that is definitely not early wrath
    Thats weird as the screenshot posted shows 941 top end for a 3.6 2H which was early wrath. Guess they are bumping up the health then.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    As long as they make sure it doesn't effect soloing old content in any way, shape or form I don't mind. Really don't care about the numbers, it's just a matter of what you are used to. Atm I loved seeing 1 million crits on my lock (weird external factors, doesn't matter) but way back when I was just as excited over a 1k crit, so I don't see the issue.

EDIT: I do fear this will screw up the semblance of balance we have now (I know it's far from perfect). That is one of the reasons I'm happy it will be part of the pre-WoD patch though, means there will be testing on live servers and they can fix things when the xpac ships. I'd rather have the last month of an xpac be crazy than the first.
    Last edited by mmoc7a2ccf784d; 2013-11-09 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    According to a SS taken at Blizzcon and the info taken from the live game, we can compare the different stats in this LFR weapon.

Doing some simple math, the 2 main stats and the 2 secondary stats get reduced by approximately 96% (weapon DPS too). We all knew numbers were getting out of control, but this seems a bit extreme. I seriously hope it doesn't affect our ability to solo content.

(Original size): http://i.imgur.com/soES5Ur.jpg
    You do know, that if items are squished, bosses will be too in old content. It will scale across the whole game. It was mentioned a while ago.

There would be zero point in item squishing, and then making it so level 100s can't solo level 60/70/80 raids...

Has nobody bothered questioning the validity of this? I didn't bother reading through all the posts, but honestly. We already know that people have had the ability to go into older dungeons and suddenly have all of their stats reduced (including the stats on their weapons). So why am I supposed to believe that this person's picture is anything more than that item scaling? Until I see Blizzard actually talk about the ins and outs of their number squish, I'll just take this thread with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Someone is butthurt? Its a needed change, no point in arguing over it.
    That is subjective and COMPLETELY your opinion. The item squish was not necessary, in my opinion. People's complaints are that the numbers stay relative so it doesn't matter if they are 100k or 1k. And then they realize their own argument can be used against them. If it's all relative and 100k is the same as 1k, then what the hell is the problem with 100k?

Even numbers in the 1 millions+ are not difficult to read unless you're completely uneducated.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Then they should have been starting a bit more early with making the engine?? Its not like they have not known about this problem for years, i have..
    They should have released new models years ago. Its not like they have not known about this problem for years, i have..
    They shouldnt have released flying mounts years ago. Its not like they have not known about this problem for years, i have..
    They should have done x, years ago. Its not like they have not known about this problem for years, i have..

They didnt. They are fixing the problem now. No point in complaining on a non-blizzard forum. If you do not want a broken game you will deal with the item squish, or quit. Its up to you.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    What about killing things NOT in an instance, but rather, in the world? How will THAT not be affected?

Tell me you're kidding right now.

You really, truly, HONESTLY think they'd do the Item Squish without tweaking the numbers of, oh, I dunno, everything?

People, please.

Think about this before you over react for once..
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    And how will this work at level 1 through 60? You've hit the mob for 0.003 dmg?
    Squish has nothing to do with statinflation, it has to do with bad design and awe full planning.
    every design given a long enough timeline eventually looks awful in IT. There are very few places where you need beyond a 32 bit word size in every-day programs, hell even 8 or 16 is usually sufficient. I understand that this is about the coding aspect, plus your math is way off, 0.04, but you and I both know that's stupid so the squish will likely compact down at the top meeting at the middle so a static I+ applied to all levels say 60 or so.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    somethings gonna go wrong with this change, trust me, when numbers are tinkered around even slightly with classes, it causes changes in dps and healing. so.. same deal here.
    This, just waiting for some nice bugs

I think this is so far only good thing in this new xpac.

Item squish is great news, I will be re-subbing for sure now.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Are you seriously failing to see what they are conveying?
    "If we don't do the item squish it's going to require a lot of re-engineering of our combat code to actually support bigger numbers."

Does it sound like an option they are willing to explore? It sounds like an explanation for why the item squish will be happening and why you cant expect them to re-engineer their engine.

You are not reading what you are linking.
    Maybe you should read it again yourself: re-engineering is within the realm of possibility and would preclude the necessity of the item squish. I'm not saying anything more or less than that simple fact.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    What about killing things NOT in an instance, but rather, in the world? How will THAT not be affected?
    Well, determination buffs could also be applied to high level players outside of instances too. Level 100 flying around in a level 60 questing zone will get a 2400% determination buff just as he would get in molten core.

I don't understand why its a big deal either way, what difference does it make if I have 50k health or 1m health? or do 2k dps or 300k dps?

Is there some sort of technical limitation that makes big numbers "bad"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    somethings gonna go wrong with this change, trust me, when numbers are tinkered around even slightly with classes, it causes changes in dps and healing. so.. same deal here.

im anticipating it being hell for a few patches, theres inevitably going to be some abilities that scaled weirdly and are insanely OP or ridiculously weak.

at least they have been internally testing this for months already, but its never going to be a smooth transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    easily. just because you cant see it doesnt mean noone can.
    care to explain how it would? because the % damage done will be the same either way.. If a person from live fights a boss and dosent see hes dmg, it would look the same as some1 with the item squish..

They have said time and time again that whenever the time came for an item squish, they would ensure that soloing older content would not be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    They should have released new models years ago. Its not like they have not known about this problem for years, i have..
    They shouldnt have released flying mounts years ago. Its not like they have not known about this problem for years, i have..
    They should have done x, years ago. Its not like they have not known about this problem for years, i have..

They didnt. They are fixing the problem now. No point in complaining on a non-blizzard forum. If you do not want a broken game you will deal with the item squish, or quit. Its up to you.
    Ahhh I finally see what's going on here. Moving on.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

Tell me you're kidding right now.

You really, truly, HONESTLY think they'd do the Item Squish without tweaking the numbers of, oh, I dunno, everything?

People, please.

Think about this before you over react for once..
    So we're getting a buff everywhere we go outside of Draenor?