Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    as long as they dont give afflic shadow bolt spamming back, it just doesnt make sense that a spec that revolves around periodic dmg using a DD spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    4 DoTs (Give me Siphon Life) with the Cata/Wrath Style Haunt and Drain Life filler pls and ty.
    And refresh dots every X secs and drain life rest of the time? Without snapshooting, where is the fun in that? There would be no diff between a good and a great warlock like that.

Deleted
    welcome back vanilla/tbc playstyle!

Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    And refresh dots every X secs and drain life rest of the time? Without snapshooting, where is the fun in that? There would be no diff between a good and a great warlock like that.
    My post wasn't regarding snapshotting it was the direction I'd like to see the spec go in. Losing snapshotting won't be fun but you're saying Affy has too many DoTs? I don't even, bro.

Anyways, Affy to me is based on DoTs, Curses, and Drains. I'd love to see it get back to that. MG is a terrible filler, period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    as long as they dont give afflic shadow bolt spamming back, it just doesnt make sense that a spec that revolves around periodic dmg using a DD spell.
    I'd love to get SB back, feels far better to me than MG, which felt icky to me, had pvp ramifications and made me feel too much like a spriest.

Deleted
    Have to agree with you there, MG was the worst thing they could ever do the affliction locks. I moved away from spriests because I hated their filler, and bang, MG in the face...

If they like hybrids with healing cooldowns, and insist on hybrid damage being on par with pures, this might be problem.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    Have to agree with you there, MG was the worst thing they could ever do the affliction locks. I moved away from spriests because I hated their filler, and bang, MG in the face...
    Yeah, the thread about Kris Zierhut chat mentions him wanting to "rip up the warlock changes", which I hope means malefic grasp. It was probably the only thing about the warlock revamp that I really disliked. Alas, he's also the guy that wants to remove dot snapshotting by the sound of it, so I'm not sure how much his desire to RIP AND TEAR meshes with what I want for the class. I disliked the MOP revamp, but I like snapshotting. Hopefully he'll remove the icky parts of the MOP revamp while giving us some engaging gameplay to replace dot snapshots (or can that idea), but I'm not holding my breath after what they did to destruction and their claims that affliction is too complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    If they like hybrids with healing cooldowns, and insist on hybrid damage being on par with pures, this might be problem.
    Eh, people will play what they want, I don't think lack of CDs will be enough to shift many people from their favorite class. Malefic Grasp didn't shift me, shaman / boomkins having healing CDs wont either.

Besides, at least we've got healthstones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I'd love to get SB back, feels far better to me than MG, which felt icky to me, had pvp ramifications and made me feel too much like a spriest.
    its a personal preferance ofc, it just makes more sense to me to have MG for afflic and not shadow bolt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    its a personal preferance ofc, it just makes more sense to me to have MG for afflic and not shadow bolt.
    Yeah I can totally understand that, there were people asking for channeled filler before MOP, some wanting drain life to be it etc. Not saying my opinion is right or anything, I just think it feels a little too close to a spriest now and I'd prefer my hardcasts back, can totally appreciate some people feel channeled filler is more dot-y.

Deleted
    I do not like that they remove dot snapshotting. It will be pretty boring if damage between best player and mediocre player is few percentages with same gear.

These will be the days that we all miss Xelnath. All hail Xelnath, Spine and God of the Warlocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    In pvp is another spell uncastable in arena e vs melee and dont' help us. "Faling stars" is castable vs all target and in arena/under melee pressure.
    Given how FUBAR PvP is right now, and that the community has been very vocal about their issues with it, I have to imagine that significant changes are in store for the next expansion. So don't judge a spell's PvP potential by the current play environment.

Speaking of PvP, there's no PvP panel this year. To me, that says "major changes in the middle of development and not ready for public release".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    These will be the days that we all miss Xelnath. All hail Xelnath, Spine and God of the Warlocks!
    Considering how messy Warlocks were, especially on launch they were completely broken, and how useless Cataclysm was which he was pushing so hard for, I'm not sure how much value he would be.

Absolutely fantastic interaction with community, but not sure his actual work on the class was taking it in a good direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Speaking of PvP, there's no PvP panel this year. To me, that says "major changes in the middle of development and not ready for public release".
    Can't remember where I heard it, but I thought there were some pretty huge pvp changes coming. Thought I'd heard they were being discussed at blizzcon, but apparently that's not happening.

Fairly confident big changes are coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, Greg just announced that haste caps are staying, apparently.
    Not what had been mentioned in the "dot snapshots are going away" conversation.

I'm just happy about Hit being gone... I'm still a few hundred over the cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Then reroll Shadowpriest and you will get way more hardcasts. Leave MG alone, it's fine and dandy for affli.

With Dodge + Parry gone and Armor being more useful, does this mean that Warlock Tanking "might" actually happen/be better then it currently is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Risnel View Post
    Then reroll Shadowpriest and you will get way more hardcasts. Leave MG alone, it's fine and dandy for affli.
    In what way? It's caused a heap of problems for affliction over the expansion, even GC has acknowledged that iirc.

also, GC tweeted
    Dot snapshotting translated into mods telling you when to press the buttons.
    So it looks like that's going despite not being mentioned in the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonic View Post
    With Dodge + Parry gone and Armor being more useful, does this mean that Warlock Tanking "might" actually happen/be better then it currently is?
    I interpreted the armor being a good tanking stat as them saying they're going to put heaps of it on tanking plate gear, not sure if we'd get enough for it to be much of a benefit.

Frankly, I'm curious as to if the glyph will even survive the transition to the expansion, it hasn't exactly got much love from blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Rumor: There won't be dot snapshoting anymore. #fail

upd. i'm so slow
    FAIL?!?!

If that accursed mechanic leaves the game then the world might eventually become a brighter place. I mean, dot management is not even "gameplay" when all you do is look after so much micromanagement.

"He wants to rip up the warlock changes (with the basic idea intact - i.e. the different secondary resources) and rebuild the class."

LOL