Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

My solution to 20 man Mythic

So a lot of people don't like the new style of 20 man mythic. We're all trying to find alternatives to this.

The only way to stop 20 man mythic is to stop comparing 10 and 25 man raiding as if they were the same thing

10 man does not equal 25 man. Nor is one better than the other.

Neither are harder than the other, neither are easier.

Heroic is hard content no matter the number of people you have.

Some bosses are "easier" on 10 or 25, some are harder, that's just how it is.

If you want to not have 20 man Mythic, the only way to change that is, as a community, stop the stupid hate between the two difficulties and just accept them as two different entities. Stop that, and blizzard might not see the need to squish it together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Its a change for the best.
    I agree its best for the game, with the caveat that it will lead to awful carnage in the wake of having to add 10-12 more heroic quality raiders to your roster. Mythic 15 sounds better to me. It's easier to cut than to add.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

The change has likely nothing to do with a small retarded feud on the forums.

The solution is who cares? Two separate "races", and the only people who actually care are not in any position where it would matter. Some people (myself included) actually prefer 10m and couldn't care less what 25m raiders are doing. They have their perks to 25m, we have ours.

I know it's hard for alot of people to accept because they think they are super special. But they said they don't like 10 man for the hardest content because of all the limitations it imposes on the bosses they make, making the game less good. 10 men is simply not enough to make fun and challenging content in a mmo because of classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about they just don't fix what isn't broken and revoke these horrible, retarded raid changes.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    I know it's hard for alot of people to accept because they think they are super special. But they said they don't like 10 man for the hardest content because of all the limitations it imposes on the bosses they make, making the game less good. 10 men is simply not enough to make fun and challenging content in a mmo because of classes.
    I'm a 10 man heroic raider since 4 years and I had fun and challenging content, thank you.

Blizz is not making a 20-man static difficulty because of community complaints...it has absolutely nothing to do with that.

The sole reason they are making the heroic difficulty a set number of players is to make development/testing much cleaner/easier. Instead of having to make one boss scale 2 different ways & trying to make them the same difficulty was quite hard for them. By making it one set raid size, it allows them to make fights better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    so in a game that has a horrible decay rate in its player base you are going to futher alienate 10m heroic players by forcing them to do 20m mythic? blizz needs to start thinking smaller scale because by the time this xpac is out at their current rate of loss, they could be down back into the 6 million range....this 20m is about 4 or 5 years late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xiun View Post

If you want to not have 20 man Mythic, the only way to change that is, as a community, stop the stupid hate between the two difficulties and just accept them as two different entities. Stop that, and blizzard might not see the need to squish it together.
    blizzard couldnt care less about what you or i think or would like in the game. they have proven that many times over the last 3 or 4 years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    How about they just don't fix what isn't broken and revoke these horrible, retarded raid changes.
    you know better than that. no instead of releasing stuff on time, or in some kind of timely fashion they would rather tinker with something that was working fine for the most part

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davidwh2 View Post
    so in a game that has a horrible decay rate in its player base ...
    ... they are trying something new because 10 and 25 man seperation didn't work out too well as you stated yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    20 man mythic is fantastic solution , accept it and move on

I can see what they're getting at with boss mechanics, but it's irritating to see that they want to go from "bring the player, not the class!" to "f your 10 mans, bring all the classes!"

I would love to see unique mechanics, but demolishing a LOT of heroic 10 man guilds I don't think is worth it for the game. It's going to alienate way too many people who don't like big groups, don't want to manage twice the people, or who simply don't have the computer power.

It seems like a really bad change without much gain.

(And for anyone wondering, I raid 25 heroic, this change isn't going to hurt me at all)

Quote Originally Posted by davidwh2 View Post
    so in a game that has a horrible decay rate in its player base you are going to futher alienate 10m heroic players by forcing them to do 20m mythic? blizz needs to start thinking smaller scale because by the time this xpac is out at their current rate of loss, they could be down back into the 6 million range....this 20m is about 4 or 5 years late.

- - - Updated - - -

blizzard couldnt care less about what you or i think or would like in the game. they have proven that many times over the last 3 or 4 years

- - - Updated - - -

you know better than that. no instead of releasing stuff on time, or in some kind of timely fashion they would rather tinker with something that was working fine for the most part
    Pretty sure Blizzard is very happy with the slow decline they have reached atm. 7 million + players is a completly insane ammount. You seem to take it as a personal insult just there to be an insult when the truth is that they have done everything they can to cater to 10 man guilds, and then they reached a point where all these cool ideas and all these challenging stuff was being shelfed because "hurr durr 10 man". The game was always designed around being more than a handful of players and if you don't like it enjoy your 3 difficulties of raids, if you want the hardest stuff, then you CAN NOT DO 10 MAN. ok? not as in an arbitrary thing, they could not make the things they wanted with 10 man raids.

nothing is gonna stop the devs from making mythic. stop making these "solution(my idea is better)" threads...they're pointless

Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    nothing is gonna stop the devs from making mythic. stop making these "solution(my idea is better)" threads...they're pointless
    Yeah, they are committed to this. And the hardcore scene they "may" lose is literally nothing compared to the normal/heroic scene they are about to gain.

I say may - because i seriously doubt the commitment of most of these doomsaysers. Every other mmo has much larger group requirements for their hardest content. If you are going to quit and play nothing - have fun. But you aren't going anywhere else that lets you avoid finding new friends.

Welcome back to the ICC days, where there real raiding and casual raiding... they already said they hated that, why force it back into the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CTwin View Post
    Yeah, they are committed to this. And the hardcore scene they "may" lose is literally nothing compared to the normal/heroic scene they are about to gain.

I say may - because i seriously doubt the commitment of most of these doomsaysers. Every other mmo has much larger group requirements for their hardest content. If you are going to quit and play nothing - have fun. But you aren't going anywhere else that lets you avoid finding new friends.
    I think you're being a bit facetious here, "hardest" content is relative. There really is no other game that has as tightly tuned raiding as WoW. If you think ToR does then you're just delusional. The "hardest" raid content in Rift is faceroll, you throw enough people at it to make it die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    I think you're being a bit facetious here, "hardest" content is relative. There really is no other game that has as tightly tuned raiding as WoW. If you think ToR does then you're just delusional. The "hardest" raid content in Rift is faceroll, you throw enough people at it to make it die.
    So. If you don't have options... you are faced with quit mmo's or go to 20 man. Have fun.

This will succeed like the pentions and such as the 40 to 25 man change and the 10/25 man raids being the same, rather then completely two different raids.

Ion gave a perfectly good reason for it.

It's good for the long run, much less work to balance and tweak a difficulty because there is only one.
    They will be able to add many different mechanics that 10 man didn't really allow them to (4 tanks perhaps so kinda like Horsemen?)

Deleted
    I feel sorry for the 25man guilds with 25 awesome players some have been with each other since tbc now 5 of them will get dropped for no reason.