Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I hope Bola Shot will be limited to say, 3 targets(Primary + 2 nearby). That way we finally have cleave, problem solved.

Snipe is really annoying, I don't want to go back to sitting still anymore after 1 expansion of "freedom".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a big fan of them wanting to implement a petless spec. I imagine Blizzard isn't stupid to the point they won't adjust other talents and abilities to work without a pet. Bola Shot makes me happy too just because I like Bola Shot in the sense that it looks/sounds cool and will give some cleave. Snipe... sounds cool for the people that like the whole Marksman feel but uh, for actual gameplay I don't think standing still will be a cool thing. Maybe bursting in PvP or something but I don't know if that would be much fun aside from battlegrounds.

Snipe is designed for a specific playstyle. I suspect it won't be a requirement, but there will be people who choose to use it.

Honestly, I'm just glad Snipe and Bola Shot replace abilities instead of being new ones.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Sure, there have been plenty of people asking for a petless spec, but can you show me statistics on whether those asking are the majority or just the vocal minority? Personally I'm not interested in a petless spec at all, and given the other two talents are situational, it basically means that for me (since I prefer SV and MM specs with a pet), I don't get a full-time useful level 100 talent. So if there are others like me, you're going to be hearing some complaining.
    dont be so greedy, you got 1 spec that is good and 2 that is probably going to optimal as well with pet.

You can probably alternate between multishot and bola shot for some significant dps increase in aoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I feel the talents are really unbalanced, especially Bola Shot if it isn't added to Thrill of the Hunt. Otherwise if we pick Bola Shot it means we have to pick something other than Thrill of the Hunt. Snipe seems good for Focus Regen when we don't have to move, however I feel like 60 Focus is almost too much, I rather get like 40 Focus and its cast time being a bit shorter.

The petless spec it would only be good in a raid, since otherwise you lose out on the pet buff it brings in 5mans and below.
    thats the choice you'd have to make, I don't think many people will use lone ranger in 5 mans, even if it's a dps increase, buffs for all the group will outdo any small dmg increase it might give you personally. I probably will probably go petless most times because I really hate the pet but I like the mobility and fun play style of the hunter. I know many who think otherwise but it's nice to have a choice at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    We discuss the talents based on the information at hand.
    This is just preview. We can discuss mechanics or need for particular talent, and half of you jump in with "With or Without you" will be the best and I don't like it. Yeah, really great feedback.

The talents which require pet could be simply turned into "arrow-based" mechanics. Well, if they really stay for WoD. Let's not forget LR is post nerf almost like placeholder (no real use in any situation and in dire need for attention or candidate for complete removal), Spirit Bond would also need some love or rework, while intimidation can be easily turned into range stun (they can even simply reuse old imp. conc code for it). Only real problem would be Blink Strikes in current state as you can't just slap the effect on hunter. Then again, as it has "hidden behavior" (blink CD), I'd again take a guess it's probably on list for rework.

The real problem with WoW/oY would be - how are Stampede pets determinated (not so much important in PvP or PvE, but in RP) and problems with glyphs which interact with pets.
    There also might be problem with scaling. Will maybe at some point (both BM and MM/SV version) this talent provide more then it should do (or less)? MM has few "hunter only boosters" which could benefit heavily from +30% DMG (like CA phase, Piercing Shots, Bombardment and Mastery) while SV's mastery with this talent could scale way better then it does now.
    On the other hand Cornered and Thunderclap (especially in high-end gear in later tiers) could be pretty OP in some situations if available to all spec. On some fight it might be DPS gain if pet is in tank spec with this talent (WoW/oY) rather then in DPS.

But, yeah, let's focus purely on problem that you don't like one talent and you believe based on nothing that this tier will force you to play without pet as MM/SV.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I hope Bola Shot will be limited to say, 3 targets(Primary + 2 nearby). That way we finally have cleave, problem solved.

Snipe is really annoying, I don't want to go back to sitting still anymore after 1 expansion of "freedom".
    Since it gives you nearly 4 times the amount of Focus compared to SS/CS (and, if memory serves, more than 6 times what it was in Cataclysm), you'll only have to stand still long enough to cast it and then have some pretty good freedom to move afterward. Honestly, it's likely to be far better than either of the other two talents when it comes to single target fights. At least from the information we currently have.

anybody remember the last xpac talent preview? many changed or got completely removed between the preview and launch.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    It's no different then Cobra Shot or Steady Shot used to be aside from a longer cast time and a much larger refund of Focus.
    Well it will definitely feel super clunky as it can't be cast while moving(I'm used to it by now as I'd assume everyone is) as well as it being a 3 second cast and refunding 60 focus... You'll have to only use it below like 20 focus if you don't want to cap and waste focus.
    It just seems so clunky since it replaces cobra shot. If it left cobra shot and was an additional ability, maybe, but replacing it means you HAVE to filler with it, so no quick cobras between shot cooldowns for extra focus or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    This is just preview. We can discuss mechanics or need for particular talent, and half of you jump in with "With or Without you" will be the best and I don't like it. Yeah, really great feedback.
    It isn't that I inherently don't like it, it's that balancing hunters to work without something they've had since they were playable isn't something I have faith in them being able to do properly. It also means that, if I want to use my pet as Surv or MM, I'll have to spec into Snipe (which in its current idea looks very, very clunky) or Bola Shot (which, with a 1 sec wait + travel time may prove less effective than Arcane which just has travel time, and right this minute does not seem to be affected by TotH, though as it replaces Arcane it may just be grandfathered in, which only makes sense but again, no trust here).

Will either of those be good enough to balance out the dmg boost granted from tossing your pet? We don't know yet, and I just don't feel comfortable trusting Blizzard with that.

PETLESS HUNTERS, Resubbing gg

The cast time of Snipe is nasty. You're going to naturally regain a lot of Focus during the cast. It basically demands that you completely empty your focus bar and then refill the bar with that one shot. It's restrictive not just in movement but to what I feel is a normal rotation. Having used Steady/Cobra regularly since TBC I'm not sure I can cope with Snipe as a replacement after 99 levels of having it. It's weird to rewrite our focus restoration ability as the max level ability after having already engrained the normal version in your player for so long.

It's just too severe a change. I'd much rather use Bola Shot.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Snipe is little bit stronger then Fervor. I never had any problems with Fer and focus capping, even when I was in BM spec and pet's extra 20 focus kicked in just after using Fer.

That being said, it might be not so great talent for BM hunters -> Snipe gives you around 70 focus (60 + passive focus during casting time) and if Invorgation kicks in during cast... Well, it could start to be messy.

On the other hand, Snipe is very MM-ish talent - based on weapon DMG and single (!!!!!, prob the best quality-of-life-improvement for MM) cast triggers passive haste (vs 2 back to back Steady casts). Also CA, Piercing and mastery benefits much more from hard hitting focus generator.

You do realize new end-game is 20men raid, right? It's harder to get 20 people and not have covered all buffs/debuffs then otherwise. If indeed normal 6.0 = flexi 5.4 and heroic 6.0 = normal 5.4, then it's not really *that* important to have all the edge available. Anyway, with flexi raid size, you could always recruit class which brings that missing buff or/and debuff.

As far as I have concerns, it might be with BM version of With or Without You. I have hard time to remember on which fight it can be exploited (well, Dark Shamans first come to my mind), but keeping pet below 35% HP even for brief window of time could drastically improve your overall DPS, which in turn could make pretty huge gap between ok-ish hunter and "micro_management_powerhouse hunter".

Anyway, Snipe seems like talent made for MM hunters (I guess it will work with Careful Aim and Piercing Shots), while Bola Shot is what we need baseline (but even as talent, I would take it). With proper cleave in our toolbox (Bola), only thing we are missing now is some kind of true raid utility (and by true I mean, usable on the most fights) and defensive ability without any penalty (and / or self-heal or self-shield).

All in all, those talents are, IMHO, step in right direction, whoever designed them had class needs in his mind, and not some random stuff flying around (like e.g. Powershot is).
    Nooooo, just stop. we don't need to become some pally/huntard/disc priest class. stop homogonizing the classes. people that request this kind of crap ruin the game. Each class isn't supposed to be able to do everything, the whole point is working in synergy with other people (classes)

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tariz View Post
    PETLESS HUNTERS, Resubbing gg
    Agree. This will solve lots of problems for hunters. BM for solo/questing and MM for formal grouping in dungeons and raids for this hunter.

But I wish they would swap the level 100 talents with the level 90 talents so we can use them while leveling thru WOD. Or at least move "With or Without you" further up the tree.

Edit: I would think that Blizz would come up with some compensation for the loss of group buffs/debuffs the pet brings.
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-11-09 at 08:05 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    Bola Shot (which, with a 1 sec wait + travel time may prove less effective than Arcane which just has travel time, and right this minute does not seem to be affected by TotH, though as it replaces Arcane it may just be grandfathered in, which only makes sense but again, no trust here).
    I don't quite understand how it could be weaker then doing all DMG at impact? Well, only if the target(s) die(s) before exploding, but in most casses it won't really matter (in this situation we can simply use multi).
    I'm pretty much guessing Bola Shot will be C/P from D3 DH's Bola Shot (so timer starts when shots hits the target).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    Nooooo, just stop. we don't need to become some pally/huntard/disc priest class. stop homogonizing the classes. people that request this kind of crap ruin the game. Each class isn't supposed to be able to do everything, the whole point is working in synergy with other people (classes)
    Start raiding, then come back with how this is a bad thing. At this point in game you expect from every and each DPS (and healer) to have active defensive spells. Problem is our defensive tool also renders the ability to do the job we are brought in raid - to DPS. While Deterrence is almost gamechanger on some fights (e.g. Lei Shen), it also can be even "we wiped because I used it to be sure to survive something which I might or might not survive otherwise) (e.g. Magaera). If they would remove disarm part on it, we would be on the most fights even in OP department when it comes to cheese the fight. At the moment, from raid standpoint, we need, IMHO, two things - proper defensive CD which won't prevents us to do our job (especially on fights where every single point of DPS counts) and raid wide utility (be it brand new CD or reworking our current toolbox -> things like traps, MD and AotP).

I don't quite understand how it could be weaker then doing all DMG at impact? Well, only if the target(s) die(s) before exploding, but in most casses it won't really matter (in this situation we can simply use multi).
    I'm pretty much guessing Bola Shot will be C/P from D3 DH's Bola Shot (so timer starts when shots hits the target).
    I hope it will be like Explosive shot, meaning it ticks the moment it lands and also is ignite-mechanic, meaning there is no stupid overlapping.

Deleted
    Bola Shot as it stands now explodes after 1 second. Since we are still dealing with a global cooldown, I find it very unlikely we will ever have to worry about any of those issues. It would only matter if we shoot something from max range and shoot our next Bola against the same target almost in melee range. But I don't think even a charging Warrior will be able to cause this effect.

Deleted
    All 3 seems terrible in PvP imo. I really hope somehow Bola & Petless don't stay on the same line. Want both. Plz.

what if they replaced lynx rush with petless? That instantly makes BS no longer a problem, while making you choose between a meh pet with crows, no pet, or a BS buffed pet.

then we can get a different 100 talent.