Thread: No 5.5

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Good. The less MoP content the better. This expansion has sucked total ass.

Bring on WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    They said they don't know how they plan on doing the models yet.
    I hope they release them all at once, I want to play an updated night elf. And I'm curious how they will change up the Draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    Good. The less MoP content the better. This expansion has sucked total ass.

Bring on WoD.
    I don't think MoP sucked (Even though I unsubscribed back in 5.1) I just didn't enjoy the lore or setting. WoD will have a waaaaay better setting so I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    In the Dev QA, apparently it was stated there would be NO 5.5 patch. We're done with MoP.
    Told you so. People begged to differ.

I'm a fan of the expansion so far, but is this a big mistake? Unless WoD comes out FAST, there's no way this ends well I don't think
    7 - 10 months without new content. Not like this should surprise anyone, it's the same as with Cata and MoP. We should be used to it by now. And I said this multiple times as well. People begged to differ.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

From what I gather, we still need Garrosh to break out.

The start of WoD is something going on with the Dark Portal and the Iron Horde trying to invade Azeroth. Well, before that, Garrosh needs to get to Draenor and make the Iron Horde, so we'll probably see something regarding that lore in a pre-expansion event.

10+ Year Old Account
    No release dates at BlizzCon. But that's the only silver lining of this: there's no 5.5 because WoD is coming really soon
    There was nothing after 4.3 for 8 months. Don't be so sure.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i think spring 2014 is when they need to get it out, April preferably.
    you must be really crazy one mofo, bcs blizz never before and never will in future realese exp before late late summer.

btw what you do in rl that in 4 y you have 12.5k posts ???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    I think they look adorable and more gnomish. Its all a matter of opinion though, don't go raging around the forums like a crazed monkey because you didn't have the perfect models.
    actually I'm pretty happy with the orc update. I saw one running animation and got myself a happy.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes a lot of sense to me. The mid tier patches have been setups for the new tier, since the next tier is a new Expansion, you dont have a 5.5 you have a 6.0 to prep that expansion instead of a tier.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    There was nothing after 4.3 for 8 months. Don't be so sure.
    Oh I'm not saying it'll happen, I'm saying that that's the only good thing that could come out of it. As of now, I'm pretty pessimistic that they just want us to go a few long months without content

Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    you must be really crazy one mofo, bcs blizz never before and never will in future realese exp before late late summer.

You never know. Blizzard could surprise us, especially since this is it for Mists of Pandaria and they've said they're trying to get out content/expansions faster.

i'm assuming that wod comes fast, then this is good. If wod takes any second longer than 4 months, its a disaster.

10+ Year Old Account

The "they havent before so they wont now" argument is never a good one.

Since the end of Cata the devs have talked about releasing content on a faster more reliable schedule and with MoP they have held to that with a 6month Tier schedule, and it is heavily in their interest to keep that and release Warlords mid Spring. Activision needs the money, after the buyback and their debt, they can't let WoW fall behind, they need the expansion sells and the renewed subs.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted

i just post a lot at work, and most of my posts are nonsense and not more than a line long :P

there are people with more posts than me in shorter time :P

Did they ever hint at a slowly increasing zone nerf to SoO like DS?

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    Did they ever hint at a slowly increasing zone nerf to SoO like DS?
    I think it might just be one big nerf like ToT in a few months

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Unless there's a year pass with the enchanted fae dragon or something I really want attached, I'm sure I'll unsub for awhile.
    It's been said that there will not be an annual pass and that the fae dragon is for purchase. It's mentioned in the Q&A video on the front page.

During the interview, Chilton basically said that everyone is working on WoD. He said if they pulled people off to work on 5.5, that would just delay the expansion itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx1992 View Post
    and then we get the game around MoP's time .... August/September
    That would be unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    first, considering it keeps happening why are you surprised.

Second, I know its new, but jesus, the new gnome face of the updated model is scary as shit.
    I think it's absolutely adorable, I just want to pinch her cheeks
    If, if, Blizzard does the story right, Warlords of Draenor has the potential to be the best expansion story-wise we've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    We knew there wouldn't be another raid. Doesn't mean we won't have 6.0.1 or whatever it is that is the pre-expansion event. That could honestly happen fairly well before the expansion releases.
    Yeah, how long did those pre-Cata earthquakes go on for? I had just started in Wrath 2.2 (according to my files, I never did reinstall the game), and knew nothing about any upcoming expansions or anything. All I knew is that suddenly, there were regular earthquakes, and they lasted a long while, and seemed to get worse over time ... then my talents got reset a couple of times, then all of a sudden hell was breaking loose all over Orgrimmar with the elementals.

The entire progression seemed to take .. a few months? Or did it just SEEM like it?