Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Imo its p2w, any time you can use real money to get _any_ advantage it is p2w. "But getting a mount isnt winning" you'll say. Once more, whos to say whats win? If me and my friend has a competition, 1st one to reach 200+ mounts achievement, then buying mounts is p2w. So yeah theres no arguments against that, ever.
    I just.. I.. *facepalm*

Imo its p2w, any time you can use real money to get _any_ advantage it is p2w. "But getting a mount isnt winning" you'll say. Once more, whos to say whats win? If me and my friend has a competition, 1st one to reach 200+ mounts achievement, then buying mounts is p2w. So yeah theres no arguments against that, ever.
    Winning a private (and extremely dumb) competition that has nothing to do with actual gameplay really doesn't count in this context... What if you and your friend had a competition to see who can pay for their WoW subscription first? Should they make the game f2p so you can't p2w?

Its been confirmed that this mount will only be obtainable through real money purchase on the activision p2w store. Very sad imo.
    p2w has to incorporate something that actually gives you the ability to win. Last time I checked a person riding a snowy gryphon had the same ability as someone flying a blizz store mount. The ONLY thing the items on the blizz store are any good for is something pretty to look at. And I'm quite glad that Blizz uses this as a way to donate to charity instead of pocketing it all. So you can continue to complain about it, I'll enjoy my pretty color changing mount and feel warm and fuzzy b/c it helped someone while I was at it.

Greedy blizz making me pay2win a charity event for makeawish. Scumbags.

This is awesome news, I was hoping it'd be on the store, I wonder if the St Bernard Pet is the pet that will accompany this!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    Clearly a sign next expansion will be Emerald Dream.
    Half-Life 3 confirmed!!!11!!1!!!!1!1!!1!1111111111111

OT: It looks awesome. This actually might be the first pay mount I buy, but if it uses the same skeleton as the dragons.... Maybe not.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

This will be the first mount I buy, because A: It looks fucking amazing AND changes colours, and B: It's 100% to charity.

Blizzard, not greedy.

p2w is a generally used term to describe how one game may have a ridiculous amount of benefits that come along WITH paying, THAT'S p2w.
    Games where if you don't pay you're left out of the loop entirely and are completely out-done, that's what p2w means.
    A mount isn't p2w, it's p2get-a-nice-mount.

Pretty much everyone who has replied to this has given a valid argument against your claims.

On topic: I hope the pet is a pet version of the mount. They had one in one of the PTRs this expansion that replaced the model of the Sprite Darter Hatchling, but people didn't like it.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Hmm. It's a pretty damn pretty mount, plus it seems to be at least somewhat for charity. I may have to get it. I'm hoping the colour change is somehow related to the environment around the mount in a chameleon-esque way and not just on a timed rotation. That would be annoying and quite distracting.

I bet it will cost 20$ for just this mount and a pet. Thats not fair.

Your stance is nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    Winning a private (and extremely dumb) competition that has nothing to do with actual gameplay really doesn't count in this context... What if you and your friend had a competition to see who can pay for their WoW subscription first? Should they make the game f2p so you can't p2w?
    Such a stupid reply really. Who is to say what is "winning" the game? Maybe it is having the most achievements, having the best transmog? The most mounts? Anything that gives you _any_ advantage is p2w for me and many others. If you think collecting mounts and pets and titles is dumb, well that goes for you and maybe you should be off doing something else. Also think about it, when you clueless people welcome these sorts of actions, dont you realize you are opening for more p2w in the future? Including possibly pure equipment sets etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Pretty much everyone who has replied to this has given a valid argument against your claims.
    Actually no one has. I'm still waiting for a real argument against that, but you can't break a solid fact. Its just that some people are deeply indoctrinated to see through the exploitations and greeds that comes from blizz(activision). I get that you like this game, i do too, its one of my favorite hobbies, but i dont blindly accept anything they do.

- - - Updated - - -

From MMOC front page:

You can technically buy as many level 90s as you want if you buy another copy of the game, get the level 90, and then transfer the character to your main account each time. The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.

and there is no such thing as p2w ín wow...

Deleted
    Exactly, Mounts and Pets doesnt give a Boost or anything, F2p have Stuff like exp boost, that is hardly any p2w also..more like p2w to get Enchant stuff only availabe in Item Store, Add a Gem slot, and when the have like Bingo, where you can buy a thing in Item Store, to increas you luck THAT IS PAY toooooo Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin, seems ppl don´t what p2w in..

Lets look at it, will you win pvp battles with that mount where you would lose with any other mount ? no then its to pay 2 win.

This is more pay and the charity wins.
    Last edited by Raven; 2013-11-10 at 04:55 PM.

If me and my friend has a competition, 1st one to reach 200+ mounts achievement, then buying mounts is p2w. So yeah theres no arguments against that, ever.
    If you and your friend have a private competition in a game for 200 mounts, then wouldn't you set one of the private rules as "don't buy a mount"?

You and your friend walk into a sandwich shop and say you're going to have a competition of who can eat the sandwich the fastest. The shop doesn't support it or give you a prize for it, but you're going to do it anyways. You receive your sandwich, and your friend gets his. His is obviously smaller. He just payed to win a game that you set yourself and once again, the shop didn't even know existed. Who are you going to get mad at? The shop for offering different sized sandwiches, or your asshole friend? Are you going to yell at the shop owner because they shouldn't be selling smaller sandwiches, and subsequently chastise everyone else for ordering smaller sandwiches, then tell everyone to stop ordering small sandwiches?

(I've never said "sandwiches" more in my life)

Deleted
    everyone knows the best mounts are store mounts so no surprise there.

From MMOC front page:

You can technically buy as many level 90s as you want if you buy another copy of the game, get the level 90, and then transfer the character to your main account each time. The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.

and there is no such thing as p2w ín wow...
    There still isn't. When this is released, the level cap will be lvl 100. You still have to level up 10 levels to even be close to "winning". "OH GOD! I JUST HATE HOW ALL OF THESE LEVEL 80'S ARE DOMINATING THE RAIDS AND PVP RIGHT NOW!"

Deleted
    What is this Pray 2 win???? I've been doing it all my life yet i haven't won shit

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    This will be the first mount I buy, because A: It looks fucking amazing AND changes colours, and B: It's 100% to charity.

Blizzard, not greedy.
    100%? Hats off to them if they do!!

Normally their charity pets and mounts are only 50%. That way if 2-3 times the amount of people buy it because it's going to a good cause, they still make more money than if it was 100% profit.

I'm getting bored of saying "I told you so" in regards to blizzard store. It practically has become "If a mount is added that looks awesome and unique then it's going to be a store mount." Other wise we mostly have retooled/reskinned mounts as rewards in game.

"Wow that Heart of the Aspects mount is bound to be from the Chromatic Achievement! its going to be tough"
    BLIZZ STORE!!

"That Bat mount looks cool. I wonder where it will drop? Blizzard would NEVER make the Troll racial, and MOST in demand mount since BC a store mount?"
    BLIZZ STORE!!

"Wow those helmets look cool. I wonder if the SUN CROWN one is the visual for the Sun Crown part of the legendary?"
    NOPE!! BLIZZ STORE AGAIN!!!

"Thay Fey Dragon is SO cool. Blizz doesnt really just make all the cool mounts Store mounts. Maybe it will even be an enchanting Craft"
    BLIZZ STORE AGAIN!!!!

"That Storm Crow looks sweet! I wonder where it will drop. ITs BOUND to be an epic Druid quest reward..."
    YOU'RE AN IDIOT!
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-11-10 at 07:00 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!