• FU BLIZZ FUFUFUFU!!! *rage*

254 36.49%
  • Cool! *pulls out wallet* Two please.

442 63.51%

Thread: Buying lvl 90's

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Indeed. It sounds very counterintuitive to mmo design. They will be effectively rendering 90% of the content irrelevant.
    Well the thing is it isn't rendering anything irrelevant. If people really like that content then they'll do it anyway. I've personally leveled a good... mmm... 40 characters from 1 to at least 30 in my time since Vanilla. Probably 20 of those characters made it to Outland, 10 made it to Northrend, 6 hit level 85 and 5 are at 90 (my poor paladin ;-. Do you know how sick I am of that old content? I'm the kinda guy who LOVES achievements but can't bring myself to get Loremaster because of how boring questing is for me at low levels.
    The only issue I see is new players not understanding that the old content can be exciting the first time you play it through and quit after they get bored of level 100 stuff. If my little brother doesn't hit 90 before WoD comes out, I will most definitely make him level through the old stuff after he hits level 100 and possibly decides to quit due to lack of interest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I never said or implied it was, but at least you have a greater chance of teaching players how to grasp the mechanics of their class before reaching endgame content through leveling. It's not a perfect system, but this feature will completely destroy any hope of them becoming at least somewhat educated.
    Maybe they should add a system onto the forums to educate posters before they go make themselves look like a fool. Most, if not all, classes get a major class changing ability at later levels. Not only that but most of the class abilities which you will end up using still come at later levels, and to top that off, most low level dungeons are compiled of "pull as much as you can, kill it as fast as you can" so people resort to spamming their AoE abilities the ENTIRE dungeon, and with bosses lasting no longer then 30 seconds, what exactly are people learning from this, that is not already told to you through the "class abilities" page in game?

Oh and 1 more point, since leveling through dungeons is the thing to mostly do, people often level as a spec that they dont want to play anyway for faster queue times, then again, this just seems like a poster trying to make what was never a problem, into a problem with a system we've had for the good part of a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    let me see you need WOD to have the instant lvl 90 so

battlechest 15 euro
    Mop 35 euro
    Wod near 50 euro

100 euro for a free 90 when the boring part of levelling an alt is always the current content so 90-100? no thanks.
    We don't know if you even need to purchase MoP for WoD: Since they want to bring old players back it may be that WoD includes MoP or that they give MoP for free, and all you need to purchase is WoD for your level 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Zrudo View Post
    I have no issues with that. Bad players will be bad even if they leveled from 1-100 by themselves... In my opinion the instant 90 will discourage those players to play as there will be a lot to learn from the start, and they are bad because they are lazy. Yeah, they might buy all the classes. But, who cares? You should really stop caring about what other people do with their money.

In fact I am loving this feature. I am seriously thinking about returning to WoW now. I wasn't interested in MoP after I quit in late Cataclysm. And leveling through Pandaria would bother me as I don't like the overall theme, but that is off-topic... It also present a chance to free realm transfer basically, something which I am happy about.

However I have one big question about this feature. Does it mean I have to buy all the expansions before WoD (Only MoP for me)? It could present a good breaking point for WoW, WoD could be new starting place (WoW2 if you like). On all of the previous expansion it says it requires all the previous ones, wish this wouldn't be the case. Could anybody answer me if this is even possible? Because let's face it, after 6 expansions buying every single of them is going to discourage a lot of new players to start playing WoW in the first place, even if they are relatively cheap.
    WoD most likely will require the others, but at the moment the only "other" one you have to buy is MoP. Vanilla-Cata is all in the starting 15 dollar box bundle now and most likely MoP will soon follow

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Maybe they should add a system onto the forums to educate posters before they go make themselves look like a fool. Most, if not all, classes get a major class changing ability at later levels. Not only that but most of the class abilities which you will end up using still come at later levels, and to top that off, most low level dungeons are compiled of "pull as much as you can, kill it as fast as you can" so people resort to spamming their AoE abilities the ENTIRE dungeon, and with bosses lasting no longer then 30 seconds, what exactly are people learning from this, that is not already told to you through the "class abilities" page in game?

Oh and 1 more point, since leveling through dungeons is the thing to mostly do, people often level as a spec that they dont want to play anyway for faster queue times, then again, this just seems like a poster trying to make what was never a problem, into a problem with a system we've had for the good part of a few years.
    Ignorantly defend Blizzard's actions all you want, it's not going to change the inevitable.

Deleted
    Ignorantly defend Blizzard's actions all you want, it's not going to change the inevitable.
    Inevitability deems that it has to come. It already came a long time ago, this is why LFR is here. Don't want to be grouped with these people? Don't run content that will put you with them. Simple solution. By your standards, since "most" have had to level from 1-90, they should already be min-maxing their characters, right?
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-11-10 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    Anything that would drop the leveling choir is a big YES from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont think blizz will have insta 90 in their store,
    think about all the cash they get if people buy:

battlechest 15 euro
    Mop 35 euro
    Wod near 50 euro
    Transfer 20 euro

and if just lets say 100k people of the player base do that.. do the math yourself...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot wrap my head around the argument that buying to 90 puts a tonne of "retards at max level instantly".
    When the feature is introduced, 90 will be 10 levels short of max.

And, how do these so called "retarded" people affect you? Like, how?

If your answer is "I have to be grouped with these people" I invite you to take a look at were you are grouping. If were you are is were the retards play. Well, you're there too.

No one is ever wrong or at fault. It's always that someone else is an idiot and is at fault.
    It is also apparent that everyone knows why this is the case.
    Last edited by Neemo; 2013-11-10 at 11:20 AM.

Good: It makes starting and returning to WoW easier and might thus bring more players to this game.
    Bad: More people who don't know what the fuck to do with their class.
    Personally I'm never gonna buy it so yeah..

Useless for me: no new classes in next xpack, so no reason to lvl up new alt.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

This poll needs an "I don't care either way"-option.

Yeah I'm going to buy level 90's.

Deleted
    this idea shows Blizzard's extreme lack of confidence in keeping players engaged in the game for longer than a couple of months.
    This is obviously not good for the game in the long-run, it's short-sighted and profit oriented, instant gratification is not the way to go.

I think it's a good thing, but there must be a limit to it, otherwise nobody is gonna level a new character ever again.

I'd say a monthly cooldown on buying level 90s would be nice
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I use to hate leveling now I love it, reroll on a new server and give yourself targets you wanna do. I've done this recently, with the target of making 1k before I got to level 20. Another challenge was to see if I could heal in tank looms. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Inevitability deems that it has to come. It already came a long time ago, this is why LFR is here. Don't want to be grouped with these people? Don't run content that will put you with them. Simple solution.
    Your "simple solution" is to ignore a problem instead of voicing your disdain and offering creative alternatives? That seems about on par with what the majority believes and practices. This is a merry-go-round argument so I'm going to stop wasting my time here, but the truth remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxxor View Post
    Good: It makes starting and returning to WoW easier and might thus bring more players to this game.
    Bad: More people who don't know what the fuck to do with their class.
    Personally I'm never gonna buy it so yeah..
    leveling does not teach you how to play your class. you can easily level up while doing everything wrong. I have many characters at level 90, but I only know how to play one of them well.

proving grounds seems to be better at teaching you to play, but it's a level 90 feature :P
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    this idea shows Blizzard's extreme lack of confidence in keeping players engaged in the game for longer than a couple of months.
    This is obviously not good for the game in the long-run, it's short-sighted and profit oriented, instant gratification is not the way to go.
    Or that they realize a lot of people are sick of leveling. Inb4 raging reply - I,like you, have no proof to my claim either.

Deleted
    Your "simple solution" is to ignore a problem instead of voicing your disdain and offering creative alternatives? That seems about on par with what the majority believes and practices. This is a merry-go-round argument so I'm going to stop wasting my time here, but the truth remains the same.
    How are they ignoring it? They are finally accepting that people do not want to level, that people don't really learn much from leveling, that it's a pretty crappy experience, even the 1st time around, and it's driving people away from the game knowing they have to level 100 times before any real content starts. Considering free level 80s and RaF have been in the game for a while, I don't really see your problem. Again, people trying to turn nothing into something and the inevitable "Blizz is killing the game" poster.