Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

New race (leaked) in Blizzcon,for WoD?

If you watch the trailer for WoD, just in time 2:06, would realize that the Ogres have new texture. Which gives indication that is being considered as a new race.
    What do u think?

Run in 1080 HD full screen

OLd textures

Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Ogres in Azeroth have undergone a visual upgrade.
    Last edited by Shandita; 2013-11-10 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Add new images to compare

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nope, furbolgs got texture update in wotlk and nagas in cata. Noone of them is playable.

Uhm... Maybe some day but I feel that mostly the reasoning is it would look stupid to have Ogres running around with their vanilla models among all the new cool looking models. I don't think they purposefully would misinform us about new races or class at Blizzcon.

The ogres are one of the races we'll be fighting with.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

They do this every expansion because low res vanilla textures look shitty for a polished new xpac. Leaping to conclusions again.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD seemed like the perfect opportunity for Ogres to be playable... but I'm still excited about the new models. BUT since they're replacing new races they can't use any excuses anymore, THEY NEED TO GET THOSE MODELS DONE!!!
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

If ogres were going to be a new playable race, they would have announced it.

This isn't the kind of shit they're just going to spring on people at launch. "Hey ogres are playable, LOL! We got you fuckers good!"

get over with new races and new class already not goona happen this expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sort of sad. If they were EVER going to do Ogres, then now was the time. A second return to Draenor after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandita View Post
    If you watch the trailer for WoD, just in time 2:06, would realize that the Ogres have new texture. Which gives indication that is being considered as a new race.
    What do u think?

Run in 1080 HD
    Nagas got retexturing in cata or wotlk I think as well, but never made playable as well

10+ Year Old Account
    They said that new classes and races were not happening for this expansion. You already got BOTH a race and a class last expansion, previously you only got one or the other. Why does everyone seem to think that a new expansion = new race/class, you're essentially getting 10 new races due to the updated character models (and if you think updating a model from 1k polys to 7k polys and doing that 20 times over is LESS work than designing 2 new ones (male + female) then you really need to stop and think for a moment).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I think its a good thing they didn't introduce more races / classes because both would eat up tons of time. New races need new models and new animations plus a complete starting area and new classes are even more work because of all the balancing and stuff. The time they are saving can be invested in actual content. Now I know they are "wasting" time on updating the old racemodels, but that seriously needed to be done.
    Overall I don't think new races anchor classes are necessary g., each expansion, even though they sure are fun.
    Last edited by mmoc59b4148865; 2013-11-10 at 11:59 AM. Reason: typo

Really? So you haven't seen the new models or the Pandaren?

They are making entirely new models for the playable races. They are not just updating the textures. Do you really think that if they added a new race they would just update the textures without making an entirely new model?

And stop it with the new race/class bullshit. If they were adding any it would be clear as day.

Besides one extra mail class to balance it out, I don't think we need or want more races or classes. It's nice as it is, with a bunch of different choices, more races would just mean more races waiting to get some spotlight in the world (worgen never really got any spotlight.) 6 for Alliance, 6 for Horde, a neutral for both sides, an extra mail class would put us on 12 classes, 3 cloth, 3 leather, 3 mail, 3 plate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly certain they just gave the Ogres the "Mogu/Saurok/mantid/Jinyu" treatment, where they make a model with a dozen or so options with preset armor types and features.

I'm fairly certain they would have announced Ogres as a new race. At any rate, it would make no sense for them to be neutral, if that were indeed the case. Siding with horde, sure, but Alliance wouldn't have one.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I forgot we pay for this game. Employ more people. I dont care about how much work it is. I dont go to a restaurant and eat food thinking 'dam this took so much work it tastes great'

Indication? Possibly. I wouldn't think so if ogres weren't a logical pick for the Horde, which they are.
    Also, note that their models have armor. One step closer.

They would be more than retextured if they became player races, they would be completely reboned and remodelled
    They have nicer textures merely because they are going to be a significant enemy faction

Quote Originally Posted by Phan View Post
    I forgot we pay for this game. Employ more people. I dont care about how much work it is. I dont go to a restaurant and eat food thinking 'dam this took so much work it tastes great'
    Blizzard is owned by Activision now so their motto is "do as little work as possible with as little a team as possible while scrounging up every penny from our player base"

Hey! Here's a crazy thought, maybe they're retexturing the Ogres because they will play a large prominent part of the story on Dreanor. Woah SHOCKER!

I also saw new retextured tress as well, TREE RACE CONFIRMED.