Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Thoughts on new ability perks from leveling 90 to 100.

So every level from 90 - 100 we'll earn a major permanent boost to one of our abilities. How do you feel about this?

As I leveled through Mists of Pandaria, I didn't feel like I was rewarded with anything. Sure, I got a new ability at level 90, but all the other levels pretty much didn't give you anything. It just felt boring, so earning a boost each level in Warlords of Draenor is much welcome in my eyes.

I'm mostly semi-confused as to why only 91-100. If they wanted leveling to be more rewarding why not 1-90, too? Probably a time/balance thing, but it doesn't alleviate the issue of those first 90 levels very well.

it's nothing new. this concept is used by demo locks already. they'll just extend it to the other classes.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    I'm mostly semi-confused as to why only 91-100. If they wanted leveling to be more rewarding why not 1-90, too? Probably a time/balance thing, but it doesn't alleviate the issue of those first 90 levels very well.
    100 passives / changes to spells for 11 classes is it? 1100 passvies/changes to spells sounds kind of hard to balance / come up with none repetitive ideas. Also you get your spells for 1-90, 90-100 you only get 1 spell and end talent tree. This gives each level something nice.

Same here. I feel it's a welcome addition and will bring back some excitement to the levelling process in WoD. I jus hope that the abilities don't become overpowered and force multiple spec wipes later in the expansion.

I only heard a little bit about this. Where in blizzcon did they speak about it. Also is there a link the the changes for each class or is this only in its concept stages atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishootboltz View Post
    I only heard a little bit about this. Where in blizzcon did they speak about it. Also is there a link the the changes for each class or is this only in its concept stages atm?
    Concept, they said Shadow priest could bank orbs, mage was 35%increased damage to fireball etc etc. Just passives or changes to spells they were going to make anyways they said.

Is this not the old talent system, just without the option of choice?
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

It sounds cool but in reality, it's just a way to give you new spells without giving you new spells. I don't get how '30% increased damage on fireball' is very exciting, considering that that damage will be the norm for the entire expansion and it isn't actually anything extra.

I think if they made it for a variety of levels between 1-100 then it would be exciting, and while it's a cool idea, I don't think i'll be bothered too much by it past the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    100 passives / changes to spells for 11 classes is it? 1100 passvies/changes to spells sounds kind of hard to balance / come up with none repetitive ideas. Also you get your spells for 1-90, 90-100 you only get 1 spell and end talent tree. This gives each level something nice.
    That's what I'm saying. It gives each level something nice, but only post-90, any new characters would still be caught in the same lull before then. It's kind of a no-win for the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's nothing new. this concept is used by demo locks already. they'll just extend it to the other classes.
    concept is used by a lot of classes already.

@OP, we'll see. They could make it good but I don't expect much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

What's silly about this new "feature" is that it's already in the game.

Blizzard is trying to put some visual bling on something that already currently happens when you ding, then market it as a new feature.

This isn't a new feature people, it's just a UI improvement.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-11-10 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Please give me some insight. I am unaware of what you kind sir are talking about.

It doesn't have to be something like 30% to fireball damage (Not saying it can't be either). It could be something that changes how a spec/class plays altogether

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    What's silly about this new "feature" is that it's already in the game.

Blizzard is trying to put some visual bling on something that already currently happens when you ding, then market it as a new feature.
    It's a bonus on top of what you get via leveling that you have control over from what I understood.

It's a bonus on top of what you get via leveling that you have control over from what I understood.
    It doesn't matter. My fireball is going to do more damage when I ding. It's always done this, it will continue to do this. This isn't new.

Everything scales in this carrot and stick game. If the % of my damage is going to be 30% more than usual when you ding, then the mobs in the world will reflect that through increased mob damage output and HP. So nothing is going to change.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-11-10 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It doesn't matter. My fireball is going to do more damage when I ding. It's always done this, it will continue to do this. This isn't new.
    How does it not matter? You get even more damage, but to things you have control over instead of a blanket +3 intellect 12 extra damage. This is about as similar to the old talent system/path of the titans that we seem to be getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bears now wear Armor always in Bear form.

They are trying to find ways to keep the button bloat from increasing, so they are making it more obvious the bonuses that they give per level. Either that or they might be in addition to what is normally done. Fire mage fireball spell goes up x% normally but gains an additional 35% boost on one of those levels.

How does it not matter? You get even more damage, but to things you have control over instead of a blanket +3 intellect 12 extra damage. This is about as similar to the old talent system/path of the titans that we seem to be getting.
    It's not a new feature is my point. Your abilities dealing more damage as you ding, is not a new feature.

You used to have to go to your trainer to learn Fireball (Rank 2) to have your fireball do more damage. Since Cataclysm, you automatically learn that when you ding. So now instead of going to my trainer to learn Fireball (Rank 2), my fireball automatically does more damage when I ding.

All Blizzard is doing, is making the player aware of this when this happens. Which is a UI improvement, hardly a new feature.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-11-10 at 06:30 PM.