Poll: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    That's a pretty short beta run, no?
    Not really if it came out in December-January.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    DS to MoP was less.
    It was 11 months, down from 12 in ICC which had RS as well.

The big difference now is that people are running SoO on flex as well which will cause even more fatigue and quicker subscription decline. They likely want to bore people into buying Reaper of Souls which will bite them in the ass in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    It was 11 months, down from 12 in ICC which had RS as well.

The big difference now is that people are running SoO on flex as well which will cause even more fatigue and quicker subscription decline. They likely want to bore people into buying Reaper of Souls which will bite them in the ass in the end.
    Or ya know, you can take off your retarded conspiracy glasses and realize that making an expansion is a lot of fucking work and takes time.

Is logic and rational thought that far gone on these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Nope it didnt....

IF they do an april release I expect Timeless Island as a whole continent and id rather wait 6 more month instead of that kind of "content"....
    There was no MoP FnF Alpha. I was around at the time and it just didn't happen. There is no verifiable evidence to be found that it did happen. If you want to claim it did happen, you're going to have to provide proof.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I agree I would rather them get the expansion out sooner, but as things stand right now we are not getting anything until WoD which is an indefinite amount of time soooo.... until they announce when new content is coming I'm inclined to unsub. I've already got 6 90s, almost 7, and am done with everything I want to do =[

Too bad Blizzard doesn't, you know, build upon their content as an expansion progresses (except for TBC). You have the no-progression-only-one-tier-of-content-is-challenging-and-relevant system to thank for your boredom.

They said they're aiming for the expansion to be out even before Spring, so I don't mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Poll is dumb because the OP has got his facts wrong. No idea where he read that but all he needs to do is look at the fron page Q and A summary. They said probably spring-summer if not earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Or ya know, you can take off your retarded conspiracy glasses and realize that making an expansion is a lot of fucking work and takes time.

Is logic and rational thought that far gone on these forums?
    Aaaaaaand the post of the day goes to you! I lold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    Poll is dumb because the OP has got his facts wrong. No idea where he read that but all he needs to do is look at the fron page Q and A summary. They said probably spring-summer if not earlier.
    Poll is 100% right they said no new content till WOD. I for one can not predict the future to say how long it is going take for WOD

Quote Originally Posted by detached View Post
    Afaik the family anf friends alpha hasn't even started. I think we are looking at beta in late february and release late august / early september.
    There was no F&F alpha for MoP, and it's unlikely that there will be one this time too. I'm guessing they'll go right to beta and it will start in January.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    The poll is doofus and I didn't bother.

That said, most people will have done whatever they want to do in SoO by the end of this year, so yeah expect there to be a lot of sub cancels Q4 through whenever the next xpac drops. So if they don't release it before next fall, Q1 and Q2 are going to look terrible.

There's not a lot of point, unless you just don't care about the money, to remain subbed for several months while there's nothing for you to play.

I think it's gonna be a sept/okt 2014 release. Dont wanna have them rush content out....

What I wanna know is how the hell they can put in the Item Squish before WoD if they don't issue a content patch to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    What I wanna know is how the hell they can put in the Item Squish before WoD if they don't issue a content patch to do it?
    Systems changes come in xpac pre-patches

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Systems changes come in xpac pre-patches
    A pre-patch for an expansion is still a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    That's a pretty short beta run, no?
    If Beta starts in January, 3 months=April.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    The poll is not fucking bias.

How would you think that?
    Read the poll options again. If you still do not get it, then what can I say other than you are lacking in the brains department.

Quote Originally Posted by detached View Post
    Afaik the family anf friends alpha hasn't even started. I think we are looking at beta in late february and release late august / early september.
    This is also my guess, leaning towards August.

The way they were talking on the panels, there is still a lot left to do. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that people who believe closed/open beta will begin in December are way too optimistic. Beta isn't really about, "Hey players check out what we've done so far!" it's "Hey players we're 85% of the way done with the content and need you to find bugs." I don't think they're 85% of the way there.

So my guess is that beta opens to players in March, 5 months of beta makes August.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Go tank. You'll live longer.

Can't say the same thing about keeping your hair, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    A pre-patch for an expansion is still a patch.
    Yes, but I responded to you saying content patch. In WoW parlance "content patch" and "pre-patch" are two different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalloa View Post
    This is also my guess, leaning towards August.

The way they were talking on the panels, there is still a lot left to do. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that people who believe closed/open beta will begin in December are way too optimistic. Beta isn't really about, "Hey players check out what we've done so far!" it's "Hey players we're 85% of the way done with the content and need you to find bugs." I don't think they're 85% of the way there.

So my guess is that beta opens to players in March, 5 months of beta makes August.
    The person you quoted is misinformed. There was no FnF alpha for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: "Typically that would be in the Winter of next year. Does that mean it is a goal to bring it in to Summer or Spring?"
    A: "Well certainly the goal is before that, but we'll see, it is very hard for us to predict."

So in your mind this answer means WoD will come out in November/December of next year. The fact that they say the goal is to release it before summer of 2014 means that it will be released in winter of 2014. Got it.