2h or DW for Conveyor Belts on H Siegecrafter?

I am currently DW Frost, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off going 2h frost for Siegecrafter conveyor belt duty? I have heroic weapons for both, though my DW weapons are double upgraded warforged. My gut is telling me 2h for the harder hitting obliterates, but I might be missing some advantage to DW.
    Also can I AMS soak the laser beams on the belt, or will they kill me?

You will still most likely die even with AMS on, they hit for a huge amount.
    I would say they would be more or less equal, you will still most likely get the same number of attacks in, and DW also requires less set up to get full dmg out so you can immediatly unload.

Side note really, but what raid size are you?

Can't your guild pick somebody else for the conveyor belt? DK is really not a great choice on heroic at least... If you absolutely have to choose, 2h will give you more frontloaded burst which is better on the conveyor belt but it's really not that big of a difference unless everyone else on the belt is braindead. Optimally, get swapped with a different melee class.

Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    Can't your guild pick somebody else for the conveyor belt? DK is really not a great choice on heroic at least... If you absolutely have to choose, 2h will give you more frontloaded burst which is better on the conveyor belt but it's really not that big of a difference unless everyone else on the belt is braindead. Optimally, get swapped with a different melee class.
    Yeah that's why I ask, I mean if it's a 10 man and really you for whatever reason HAVE to go up there, well that's okay I suppose. But really, especially if it's 25, get moved off.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    cant answer spec wise but you will NO DOUBT die even with ams

Matter of fact, now that I just reread your post, stay DW if you have no choice but to do it. If your 2h was a +2 upgraded warforged weapon I might lean towards it but... yea... still.... DK = bad @ belts. Everyone else already said it, but AMS won't save you, son!

Yeah I just checked to make sure on the damage numbers on the beam, it's listed for both heroic difficulties as 9999999 damage. That kinda hurts

I'm playing as Dual-Wield and I do about 6 - 7 million damage per belt, though, two hand should perform better, I'd suppose. And no, you cannot survive the beams with Anti-Magic Shell. It's a direct one-shot.
    Last edited by Gontier; 2013-11-10 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    Like Mionee said, we had both dks go up on the belt and did around 6-7mil most of the time, months ago, both as 2H frost.

The supposed 'burst' on the Conveyor belt lasts plenty over 20 seconds, at which point any real burstiness 2H could bring over DW is no longer there. In addition to that, if you're going up with a Rogue/Warlock you'll also get the 5% increased Magical damage debuff from which DW benefits more.

With that said, if your guild insists on sending you up there, definitely stay DW.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Awesome, thanks for the information. We're 25 man btw to those who asked. We are going with kill the missiles strategy apparently. We will have a DK on the main platform though, so I guess we'll figure it out as we go along. All the info has been really helpful . Doing first pulls tonight.

I'm just curious, those who said DKs are bad at belts, why is that? I would think with PoF being up for every time we go there, we'd be one of the better classes.

EDIT:
    Also, my guild insists on sending me because I'm one of the only peopl who consistently does them and doesn't fuck up on normal mode, and we figured since we overgear the encounter at this time, might as well play it safe.
    Last edited by Lyon; 2013-11-10 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the information. We're 25 man btw to those who asked. We are going with kill the missiles strategy apparently. We will have a DK on the main platform though, so I guess we'll figure it out as we go along. All the info has been really helpful . Doing first pulls tonight.

I'm just curious, those who said DKs are bad at belts, why is that? I would think with PoF being up for every time we go there, we'd be one of the better classes.

EDIT:
    Also, my guild insists on sending me because I'm one of the only peopl who consistently does them and doesn't fuck up on normal mode, and we figured since we overgear the encounter at this time, might as well play it safe.
    DKs are certainly not bad on the belt, it's just that you'd be infinitely more useful on the main platform cleaving, slowing and controlling the mines.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    DKs are certainly not bad on the belt, it's just that you'd be infinitely more useful on the main platform cleaving, slowing and controlling the mines.
    Yes, if you run a tactic that includes not killing mines, else no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Yes, if you run a tactic that includes not killing mines, else no.
    Hm really?

Im currently progressing on Siege 25hc, 80 wipes, ~25% best attempt so far, and we do the strat where we tank boss on mine spawn point and cleave them to death as soon as they spawn.

We currently have me (dw frost) aswell as a 2h dk fulltime on boss/mines, and were always up to par with our 2 ele shams/destru warlocks. If we wouldnt have the chilblains, dnd glyph and 2x mass grips the mines would probably wipe us more than anything else, but currently we probably havent had more than ~5-10 wipes due to mines being out of control.

Edit: Whops, you meant NOT killing the mines on the belt... My bad

We're currently working on blackfuse on 10 man. We're trying the strat where we kill missiles mostly and tank the boss near the mines. We're leaving me on the platform with the boss because my DW cleave is too strong. Make sure you have chillblains and gorefiends. If you're an engineer then make sure you have the EMP belt tinker for stuns on the mines as well. If your guild really insists on you going up then I'm sorry

We had both DK's go on the belt for our kill. I was DW he was 2H and we did nearly the same damage. As DW make sure you be attacking asap with HB as it comes into range.

I go up in our raid(25), mainly because you want melee to do it most of the time. We deal with mines most of the time, but you dont REALLY need the slows and grips that we provide. We are there half the time, and it is up for every other set (AoE grip). With any engineer that isn't on the belt using the 3 second stun belt tinker that doesn't DR, you dont really need anything. I do it as DW, partly because I dont have a good 2H weapon. You can also spam HB after the weapon has passed through the final wave of lasers that you can't run through. On damage I'm just below our Ret paladin, and just above our warrior. The ret has the most gear, then me, then the warrior.