Page 1 of 2
LastLast

For Those of Us Who Are Anti-Flying and Anti-LFG!

I don’t think we're taking it far enough. We need full immersion and these are my suggested changes:

- Provide a Stamina/Energy bar that will be maintained by two separate stats: Thirst and Hunger. Food and Drink will no longer provide bonuses, but work to fill these constantly degrading stats. Every action in the game will draw from this resource. We need to remove the Run/Walk toggle from the game and force people to walk only. Running from place to place for the smallest things is simply idiotic. We need repercussions if we’re going to sprint across an entire continent to get where we’re going. Our characters should be able to die from exhaustion if they run too far for too long, especially without food or water. Additionally, my character never seems to have the need for sleep, yet there are beds everywhere. Characters should be forced to /sleep to help refill their Exhaustion bar, and it should be for at least 4-6 hours of in game time of sleep before they are ready for a new day.

- Temperature should be a real and apparent threat! I’ve seen half-naked women cross Winterspring with showing little more than vapored breath as side effects. I’ve seen Paladins cross the desert sands of Tanaris in full plate gear and not get cooked alive. We should have a temperature gauge that affects our character’s statistics. This is ruining immersion!

- Swimming needs to be redone entirely. I can park my full geared Warrior in full-plate with bags overflowing with heavy ore in a lake and he will tread water indefinitely. This needs to be tied into Stamina/Energy consumption and my character should have to constantly fight to keep himself afloat. This uncanny ability ruins immersion!

- Death has no consequence anymore. Death should be a real threat, not just merely a setback. When I die, I should have to go through an epic journey through the underworld to return to life—or at the very least my friends should have to embark on one to bring me back if I can’t do so. At the very least, I should have to reincarnate my spirit into a new level 1 character and start over from there if I can’t get resurrected.

- I seem to never have to care for my pets and mounts. They never get hungry, thirsty, or tired like I do. This should be changed. There should also be a relationship bar for each NPC I interact with. I can’t fathom how I can smack my pet around and starve them, yet they do exactly what I tell them to every time. Same thing with those Innkeepers. I come in and sit in their establishment for hours on end, never ordering a thing, and they always greet me with that perpetual smile. They should be getting angry and kicking me out for loitering at some point!

- Sure my weapons have durability. But they are never damaged beyond the point where a blacksmith can fully repair them; they never simply just break and become completely unusable. Furthermore, how is it that any blacksmith, regardless of their level, knows how to repair my legendary weapon? One would think that they should all have different knowledge and skill sets for maintaining different types of equipment. I should have to go to a tailor to fix my cloak and an armor smith to bang out a few dents in my shield. Also, why does it not take him hours or days to repair this equipment? I’m going toe-to-toe with epic monsters and getting kicked all over the continent with these guys. It should take some time to repair my epic gear.

- The economy is in a complete mess. I’ve spent thousands of gold coins in repairs to one particular blacksmith in town, yet he never appears to benefit from this wealth. No change in clothes, no improvements to his store, no additional staff on hand, what’s with that?

- Inventory in this game is completely out of balance. It’s so ridiculous that I can carry all these bags on me and not be encumbered, or that I can carry Onyxia’s head in my bag and still have room for 21 other items as big, or sometimes bigger, than her head. This ruins immersion for me.

- Languages aren't used enough. I refuse to speak anything but my native language and others never bother to even attempt to learn it. Why must we be confined to one common tongue and our own native language? It’s ridiculous.

There are plenty of issues that people just don’t address or refuse to acknowledge. The anti-flying and anti-LFG are only a small part of it, and quite frankly, they don’t go far enough. This is merely the first few problems I can see with the immersion of the game. We must reclaim this game for those of us who want to spend the majority of our play times, regardless of how busy our lives are outside the game, devoting ourselves to menial tasks for the sake of immersion!!!

Cant tell if trolling...

Edit: Oh nvm, bad troll.

Infracted
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-11-11 at 05:11 PM.

Indeed as the above posters states. I'm getting a strange vibe from your post, as to whether it's serious or piss taking.. lol.

Most likely trolling. Although the idea of temperatures has been suggested before and if made properly that could be something idd.

Whenever a hunter pet dies it gets right back up. This ruins immersion for me. Hunters should have to tame a new pet every time the old one dies.

just an fyi op, breathing through your mouth will give people the impression that you are mildly retarded.

just Anti-Flying and Anti-LFG...?
    what about anti-LFR? and anti-troll? or at-least anti-virus?

I couldn't post on the thread that made me think of these items, as I'm currently not yet an active subscriber to WoW at this point. It's under general with the title of "The Anti flying and Anti LFG party"

I really hope someone may copy and paste it so that the OP of that thread gets inspired to do more than just complain about flying and LFG!

Deleted
    OP you should make a petition, that shit will work.

Deleted
    Hmm 3 post OP, with insane radical idea... Yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    Cant tell if trolling...

Edit: Oh nvm, bad troll.
    I don't think you know what trolling means.

It seems the OP is a light-hearted attempt at poking fun at people who complain about conveniences "killing" WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I don't think you know what trolling means.

It seems the OP is a light-hearted attempt at poking fun at people who complain about conveniences "killing" WoW.
    .......You actually read that wall text?
    I salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mondayn View Post
    - Provide a Stamina/Energy bar that will be maintained by two separate stats: Thirst and Hunger. Food and Drink will no longer provide bonuses, but work to fill these constantly degrading stats.
    I actually played a MUD that had those mechanics once. I had three or four characters starve to death before finding a hidden quest that allowed them to generate enough money to each and pay for the lessons I needed to jump start their skills. I actually enjoyed playing for a few months until they added aging to the game. At that point the hours I had spent grinding away to improve their skills (my wife and I even shared the character and played it in shifts) became a liability. We were afraid to even log in any more. That was the game's death knell for me. Obviously the OP is tongue in cheek, and it brings up a very good point. There is such a thing as too much immersion. A game is ultimately an escape from reality. The OP also forgot to insist that the game should reward "hard work" even more than what it already does.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to skip any of the original post to dash off an angry reply, be sure to read the last paragraph before you do.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

im sure i read something like this on the official WoD forums - i'll say here what I said there.

What's stopping you using your ground mount and going to instances and finding groups yourself. you and your little brigade of 3 people might want it, the rest of us don't.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

the shit posting on MMO champion is getting out of hand.
    Hi Sephurik

Totally trolling...

but in all seriousness WoW will never have any of these because it isn't a Survival RPG. :P

hey morons, hes not trolling. he just fully retarded.

Infracted [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-11-11 at 06:33 PM.
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

The point of the OPs post is to attack the anti-flying/LFR crowd. His connections are weak so they don't really connect well, however, clearly the post is not intended to be taken seriously on it face.

Posts like this one are what really make me understand how the War of Worlds radio broadcast could have caused a mass panic.

"I don't think we're taking it far enough"

As if these were such drastic changes to swing the game into simulator territory. lol
    Now I want no-flying even more so I can gank people. It's your fault, now