Poll: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    amazing that most people in this poll are content with no new content, you got to demand more if you want more.
    It's not a "betrayal" or a hating attitude, to just say "this is not okay". you can love a game, yet be critical of it.
    Most people in this poll want WoD content sooner, rather than more MoP content filler which would push WoD content out further. And yes, it's a question of one or the other - every hour somebody spends working on filler content for MoP is an hour they're not spending getting WoD finalized.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    Why does everyone always act shocked and complain about a close to year-long lull after the final raid comes out when this has happened in every single expansion so far?
    The funny thing is, from Vanilla to Burning Crusade this didn't happen. And then people complained they didn't get the time to complete Naxx before the expansion hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The funny thing is, from Vanilla to Burning Crusade this didn't happen. And then people complained they didn't get the time to complete Naxx before the expansion hit.
    Between Naxx and TBC was 210 days
    Between Sunwell and WOTLK was 233 days
    Between ICC and 'The Shattering' was 350 days (196 days between ICC and Ruby Sanctum, and 156 days between Ruby Sanctum and 'The Shattering') +14 another days for Cata release
    Between DS and Theramore was 294 days, +7 another days for MoP release

I have a timeline for all the main patches and releases because sometimes I get bored

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure they are in internal alpha. They clearly stated one zone is not going to be accessible at launch (netherstorm/fat-w.e.) I wouldnt be surprised they announced beta next month or January. Contrary to belief, I think what we are waiting on is basically more character models to be finished and a few dungeons and raids to be finished up, with a few touch ups here and there.

We did not see 2 zones at blizzcon, and the ones we saw looked complete, the only one that may be contrary to this is hellfire, but we saw bits of it in the trailer, but we did not see the spires or nagrand. But, I believe they are mostly done with the zones, and just need to finish up dungeons and character models. Hell, they even stated at blizzcon, that they are ready beginning to work on the next wow expansion. So, for me, I think we are going to see them finish up character models for the first 8 races, and then get a release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    no, but 9 women can make 1 baby a month for 9 months, assuming you allow a nine month leadtime.

sorry, what was your point again?
    His or her point probably was that increasing the amount of resources won't necessarily make a product come out that much faster.
    Blizz themselves said that simply hiring more people won't be the guaranteed way of getting content out in shorter periods of time.
    It will be sped up of course but it's not a linear correlation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Considering we do not have a Beta and looking at past history I think in my opinion Wod won't be out for around a year. Blizzard says they are going to try to get it out sooner. We will see. Either way they said no new content Till WOD comes out
    I just do not at all understand why you think SoO is going to last for 14 months? (1 year from now).

What are you basing this on?

This would be suicide for WoW imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    I am pretty sure they are in internal alpha. They clearly stated one zone is not going to be accessible at launch (netherstorm/fat-w.e.) I wouldnt be surprised they announced beta next month or January. Contrary to belief, I think what we are waiting on is basically more character models to be finished and a few dungeons and raids to be finished up, with a few touch ups here and there.

We did not see 2 zones at blizzcon, and the ones we saw looked complete, the only one that may be contrary to this is hellfire, but we saw bits of it in the trailer, but we did not see the spires or nagrand. But, I believe they are mostly done with the zones, and just need to finish up dungeons and character models. Hell, they even stated at blizzcon, that they are ready beginning to work on the next wow expansion. So, for me, I think we are going to see them finish up character models for the first 8 races, and then get a release date.
    Adding to that how many times prior to this did they have the max-level talents all ready to show at the announcement? Granted it's easier as it sounds like they aren't adding abilities and didn't re-structure the whole talent system, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they wouldn't even do a Beta. You know the reason why content used to last a lot longer than it does now? There weren't guides and videos and loot tables and spreadsheets out months before content even went live. You weren't expected to know every mechanic on every boss before you even accepted the quest to enter the dungeon. I wish we could just up and erase all theorycrafting and betas and things like that for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hope not, i've been bored of MoP since 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    What makes you doubt they can't get it out somewhere between April-June?
    The new Diablo expansion gets released around that time (presumably, from the AH removal).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I hope not, i've been bored of MoP since 5.2.
    I have unsubbed clearing all of SoO normal and there is little else to do (my guild does not progress seriously through heroics - and pugging those is terrible.)

But I will be back for the next one... I always give them a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I just do not at all understand why you think SoO is going to last for 14 months? (1 year from now).

What are you basing this on?

This would be suicide for WoW imo.

Mop was announced in Oct and released in Sept the following year.

Other xpacs have the same record

Yeah, I mean there's no solid rule that says an expansion will magically appear at our feet with a maximum wait time of one year after 5.4 launches. Any time spent adding additional MoP "bridging" content will be time taken away from WoD.

Their Q3 documents released for the investor call did not state any expansion release for 2014. And in the past, they've been very forthcoming with that information. You can't really get any closer to 'the source' than that.

investor.activision.com/results.cfm

Blizzard spent this entire expansion doing everything in their power to push out content at what is basically a breakneck pace, compared to what it's been in the past.

Why in the world, I ask, would they suddenly stop pushing out content quickly to go back to the old standby of having a horrifically long final tier? They know better. They're not that dumb. The WoW team is larger and has more steam than it's ever had in the past. Moreover, it's going to be a very short beta: the game is playable (even a dungeon is already playable), and there's no new race or class to worry about. I can't really see any logical reason for Blizzard to wait until the next holiday season. Any money they gained with holiday sales would be offset by the suicide of going 14 months without new content.

Deleted
    I really doubt we'll be in 5.4 for a year. I'm thinking spring/summer release.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    What makes you doubt they can't get it out somewhere between April-June?
    Because it is blizzard?

I would rather have a 5.5 and actually do the story right and show him going in the dark portal and escaping instead of waiting a year...Garrosh has escaped and we just have to follow them...Even if it mean 6.0 takes longer.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'm guessing beta after the holidays and a 5 month beta would put it end of May/beginning June. With the additional support from Titan we could see a 3-4 month beta putting it square around April.

I have a feeling the extra support will help blizz fast track an earlier release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    9 women can't make a baby in a month.
    That is a really bad comparison.
    That is ONE item being made by 9 people.
    And a one and done things. And it can realistically only be worked on by ONE.

To really compare it you could say, could 12 women produce 1 baby a month? Yes. If planned properly.
    There are MANY threads, and MANY projects to work on.
    If there are only 3 modelers they can only make 3 models at a time.
    If there are 12, they can make 12 at a time. And if model takes around 1 month to make, you went from 36 models a year, to 144 a year.
    Every aspect of the game can be broken up like that. And blizzard has years of experience of concurrent development and multitasking.
    They are not 3D realms... ;-)

when's that elder scrolls mmo coming out? Blizz will release in time to crap on their release.