Thread: T100 Shaman

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the talents look fairly good.

Lava Spew will be a major boon to enhancement's AE. Kinda worthless to Elemental unless CL gets nerfed or the spew is god compared to it.

If they decide to keep the current riptide glyph, high tide has the potential for massive healing especially late tier, assuming this adds extra bounces to chain heal. if not then it is mediocre at best and will most likely be shelved and only brought out on rediculuosly long spread fights like immersius. Past that the new chain healing and glyph will dominate spread fights.

Storm Elemental is basically a shaman version of XUEN and we all know how much they use it.

The passive lightning strike isn't very interesting but will help movement fights and will be huge in pvp.

Condensation totem has the potential to extremely OP. Especially if it gives spellpower based on ALL overhealing in your raid group. If it is your own personal overhealing then i see a massive rework coming because it will end up being another conductivity. It would be based around healing rain and one of the spike's on the official shaman developer beating stick. I am hoping resto mastery gets a rework as well as everything in the new expac seems to revolve around spamming heals

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Lava Spew will be a major boon to enhancement's AE. Kinda worthless to Elemental unless CL gets nerfed or the spew is god compared to it.
    CL spam -> FET -> Lava Spew -> CL spam
    Two gcds for a long duration FE and a 15 sec duration aoe spam sound a rather small sacrifice, and will likely more than make up for two seconds pause of spamming, so I dont see where it would be worthless.
    The passive lightning strike isn't very interesting but will help movement fights and will be huge in pvp.
    If anything, it's a bonus to single target and overall damage (in pve), where Lava Spew is the aoe sollution. So if you have only one target most of the fight, it is basically an additional ST, which is okay (not great, but okay).
    I dont see where it would be huge in pvp though? Random damage cant be to high, and it being random makes it completely unreliable (and if there is one thing that sucks donkey ass in pvp, it is unreliability).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    CL spam -> FET -> Lava Spew -> CL spam
    Two gcds for a long duration FE and a 15 sec duration aoe spam sound a rather small sacrifice, and will likely more than make up for two seconds pause of spamming, so I dont see where it would be worthless.

If anything, it's a bonus to single target and overall damage (in pve), where Lava Spew is the aoe sollution. So if you have only one target most of the fight, it is basically an additional ST, which is okay (not great, but okay).
    I dont see where it would be huge in pvp though? Random damage cant be to high, and it being random makes it completely unreliable (and if there is one thing that sucks donkey ass in pvp, it is unreliability).
    2/3 of our choices are un reliable rng based dmg one is just single target and the other is aoe splash dmg. The last is a dmg+healing CD. In a pvp setting all three of the talents are going to be completely horrid, because two are tied to totems and in any kind of competitive pvp totems are one shot immediately, and the last is completely rng.

Yea I seriously doubt they were thinking about pvp when they thought up these talents

I like them all, I mean I'm no hardcore raider or PvPer so maybe thats why, but as an Enhance player since I started, all of them I like. Storm Armor, is awesome and its not as bad as people think, it's random mobs you're in combat with so on Boss fights or when only fighting one thing, thats just another little bit of guaranteed damage every 3 seconds. The Lava Spew (my least favorite) is still good it's not random damage its every mob in the area every sec for 15 seconds, the spell animation might be different but as enhance it just makes ST also be Magma totem, and that can be helpful in any type of short aoe situation, you don't have to worry about losing stacks of SF while still doing your part of aoe on top of FN. And then I mean I think we can all agree that SET is just good all around, though like someone said earlier I wonder if it stacks with PE?

If these talents were implented as are now, I would no doubt take storm armor, cause I just think its awesome and its very shamany, I am the storm! Now we just need Blizz to give us a minor glyph that makes Lightning shield look like super sayian 2 lighting on our bodies instead of that lil orb.

Edit: Nvm just re-read the Lava Spew talent and it is random enemies, and that is a little lame, it should work like how i Thought it did and it would be a lot better. Also if they add to Storm Armor that it gives enh maelstrom stacks and ele LS charges like someone said somewhere it would also be a lot better
    Last edited by ShadowJester; 2013-11-10 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    I noticed that as well. Was a useless spell though. Since wow is a different type of game, and damage being damage in pve, we can at least pat the meters with it. In pvp though, random damage is dumb, nothing less.
    Considering that from an pvp enh POV, our new ultimates consist of a gone-in-10-seconds elemental totem, an aoe cooldown and a random damage dispenser (and most likely low damage to boot, cant imagine it hitting remotely near stormstrike level)...

Just disappointing... they totally disregarded pvp...And aren't talents first and foremost utility? Something which shines in pvp first and foremost?
    For what I saw for all T100 talents, they are focused on the main role of the spec, and for DPS for what I saw, they will all be somewhere a 30% increase of damage.

Also, these talents are clearly in a very initial stage, they even said that they aren't even working yet, and are just there on UI

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    Edit: Nvm just re-read the Lava Spew talent and it is random enemies, and that is a little lame, it should work like how i Thought it did and it would be a lot better. Also if they add to Storm Armor that it gives enh maelstrom stacks and ele LS charges like someone said somewhere it would also be a lot better
    Lava Spew is clearly an AoE spell, they hit all enemys in 8 yeards, so it doesn't really mater if it's a random target.
    Last edited by Lavindar; 2013-11-10 at 09:41 PM.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkleppe View Post
    Worst talents ever. Just some poor aoe shit.
    /facepalm

zzzz

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    For what I saw for all T100 talents, they are focused on the main role of the spec, and for DPS for what I saw, they will all be somewhere a 30% increase of damage.

Also, these talents are clearly in a very initial stage, they even said that they aren't even working yet, and are just there on UI

Lava Spew is clearly an AoE spell, they hit all enemys in 8 yeards, so it doesn't really mater if it's a random target.
    I wasn't saying that it wasnt AoE what I was saying was that every pulse hit every enemy in the area, but its actually its Pulse hits a random mob in the area. Or are you saying that each pulse will hit a random number of mobs in combat: For example if you are fighting 10 mobs pulse one might hit 4 but pulse two might hit seven, and pulse three could hit 2.

Cause right now my two thoughts on it are (again 10 mob situation): I want each pulse to hit all 10 mobs every pulse, and the way I read it is, Pulse one might hit mob B, pulse 2 hits mob D, P3 hits B again, P4 hits F, and so on

I think these talents show the lack of a decent resource system. Take Monks, DKs, and Paladins for example. They have entire talents dedicated to enhancing their resource systems, and it leads to some pretty impressive talents. I also really wish Blizzard would start pulling from some of the Shaman-based bosses in the game for talent/ability inspiration. I mean, where's Falling Ash or Undertow Totem? DKs are getting Lich King abilities, so it shouldn't be a big deal for Shaman to get some Dark Shaman abilities.

-Reach of the elements is irritating. Many pp allready disliked this fire totem mechanic. Now, you'll not only need to put this totem over and over again. you'll also have to buff it. Question is, will it be worth all the hassle? And, i don't think you'll be able to macro it together, since the totem has a global cd on itself.

-Rainstorm is just a passive. A reinteration of our previous t15 2set bonus. Wich will only be picked if the 2 other options provide less dps then the former. Maybe if they would make the lightning hit several nearby targets?

but yeah... it's too early to tell ofc...
    Last edited by rogas; 2013-11-11 at 11:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hello

I like very much the Condensation Totem because you can use it in different strategies.
    It lasts long wich is good (CD or not ?) but it's a water totem, so this talent will be in competiton with HST.
    I don't like very much HST, a talent you MUST use on CD to be competitive on healing meters, I prefer triage (MUST : I am not sure it's still true this tier, I don't raid anymore).
    Combination with Unleashed Fury to make powerfull mono target heals or great Chain Heals
    Filling up spellpower strategies will be fun to play, maybe not usefull, but still fun !

High Tide can be very powerfull but :
    RT - RT - CH - RT - RT - CH - RT - RT - CH - RT - etc.
    Can be boring, but nice to watch !

Considering I saw the DK talents first, and then went on to check Shaman talents, I was REALLY disappointed with how Shamans got left behind.
    I mean.. DKs get talents based on THE LICH KING! The LICH freaking KING! We get talents based on totems and randomness. Oo
    When I first saw the DK talents, I thought "Oh man, I can't wait to see what my Shaman will get! If it's just half as badass...." but no.. it wasn't even close, imo. :/

I know that it's still very early alpha, and I know that I shouldn't be trying to draw parallels with other classes, but it's hard not to do so in this case. Lvl 100 is.. well.. awesome.. and talents for that level should FEEL awesome - like DKs getting Lich King based talents. Comparing Lich King based talents to totem based and shield based talents.. I feel cheated!

All the talents seem more interesting for Resto, than they do for Enhancement/Elemental. I know, the grass is always greener on the other side, blah blah, but I was hoping for more.

Storm Armor could've been a much better version of the concept. I don't know what, but surely it could be better than just adding RNG based passive damage to an already boring passive ability. :l

Spew Lava also seems very dull, imo. Searing Totem is already a tedious ability, and I feel like Searing Totem needs some serious rethinking, before they start adding talents to the class based on that ability. I mean.. it's level ONE HUNDRED! Oo Again, it's just adding RNG based passive damage to an already boring passive ability. :/

Now, Storm Elemental sounds awesome.... Storm Elemental TOTEM.. not so much.. >_<
    I know that I'm a Shaman but I'm getting a little tired of all the totems.. Also, why should this be a lvl ONE HUNDRED talent, when we get Earth and Fire for free in lvl 58 and 66? Just give us a totem of each Elemental, and let them share a CD. Like Warlocks Infernal and Doomguard. They share a 10 min CD, and they can use the one they feel like is most valuable for the current situation. How about we get Earth, Fire, Air and Water..? Earth and Fire like they are now. Air as a utility based CD and Water for healing..

I don't know.. it might just be me, but I just think they could do SO much better. Non of them feel epic enough for the magic 100.

Anyway, that was my thoughts on the talents. Feel free to criticize/agree/badmouth me/my thoughts.
    Last edited by Desimiss; 2013-11-11 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    I dont understand some of the coments regarding Storm Ele and Reach of the Elements.

-You already have to drop searing anyway. (I get its dull as hell from a Elemental pov)

-Fire Ele is ALSO tied to a totem.

The only thing that seems mechanically awkward to me is the Rainstorm because unless my reading skills are lacking, seems to be the "Ysera's Gift" version of Lightning Shield and it might not even interact w/ Fulmination or Static Shock. Which is very crappy for a lv100 talent IMO.

Edit: I'm gonna bet my money that this is the Lava Spew animation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fXNnsXjJfY#t=86 Notice what the Fire Elemental is doing.
    Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2013-11-11 at 12:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desimiss View Post
    I mean.. DKs get talents based on THE LICH KING! The LICH freaking KING! We get talents based on totems and randomness. Oo
    When I first saw the DK talents, I thought "Oh man, I can't wait to see what my Shaman will get! If it's just half as badass...." but no.. it wasn't even close, imo. :/
    This way of thinking is only every going to get you disappointed.

What other classes get is irrelevant and we dont have enough information to complain yet.

Imo Reach of the Elements seems like an interesting fix to enhance burst AoE problem in very unique specific encounters of course. Still a creative step in right right direction.
    Just remember we may not be using our cloaks next tier meaning enhance will again be 100% useless on another Leishen ball lightning situation

Storm elemental totem builds on to our healing utility and could quite possibly be a lesser fire elemental which we all know fire elemental is a HUGE chunck of enhance overall damage this has a fuck ton of potential.

Single target storm armor could very well match UF's addition to lightning shield damage which is nothing to 'Meh' at. of course it would have to be a strictly single target fight for this talent to be 100% useful
    Last edited by Felocity; 2013-11-11 at 01:17 PM.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by Felocity View Post
    This way of thinking is only every going to get you disappointed.

What other classes get is irrelevant and we dont have enough information to complain yet.
    I know. :P I did write that I knew I shouldn't draw parallels to other classes, and I also know it's VERY early in development. :P However, I do feel that I need to voice an opinion about my distaste in the talents, if I want a fair chance at a revamp of them. x)

I do however understand what you mean about the creative idea on our AoE.. I didn't really see it that way. Though now that I do, I still think that it's a bit lackluster for a lvl 100 talent. That kind of creative AoE should be standard for the class, and not limited to a lvl 100 talent. :l

I really do seem like a bitter and pessimistic jerk here, but the talents just doesn't seem worth of the big 100, imo. :P

Like Warlocks Infernal and Doomguard. They share a 10 min CD, and they can use the one they feel like is most valuable for the current situation.
    Don't read the t100 warlock talents then, you'll only be more dissapointed

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights get talents based on the Lich King because THEY are based on the Lich King. He is the archetypal supreme Death Knight.

Shaman get stuff based on the archetypal supreme Shaman. Which is Thrall. And to be honest, a lot of the stuff we get is more awesome than anything we've seen Thrall pull off, outside of a cutscene or the wacky antics in Cataclysm that had nothing to do with him being a Shaman.

I dunno I kind of like these talents. The wind elemental adds another weapon to our off heal toolkit which is great. Lava adds a little dimension to elemental aoe. I will agree the first talent is a little boring and hope they do something with fulmination effecting it ( more stacks equaling more damage so you have to play the balancing game with Es). I just don't see what the big issue is

Storm Armor: Overcharge your Lightning Shield to form a violent ring of lightning around the caster, heavily damaging every enemy coming within 8 yards of the shaman for xxxx Lightning damage. Lasts 10 seconds. 75 Second cooldown. Instant.

Essentially a Bladestorm without the CC immunity (the reason it has longer duration). The spell is unaffected by disarm, but can be dispelled by mass-dispell-like abilities.

THAT would've been a worthy lvl100 talent, good both for offense, defense and aoe, all the while looking badass, being reliable and overall just awesome.

For that matter, they could make the talent an general Overcharge, varying between shields.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

As Enhance...can I trade the Storm Armor one into "Storm Shock" and make it do like 500% weapon damage on targets 20% or below

I just want an "Execute" type ability....

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    I wasn't saying that it wasnt AoE what I was saying was that every pulse hit every enemy in the area, but its actually its Pulse hits a random mob in the area. Or are you saying that each pulse will hit a random number of mobs in combat: For example if you are fighting 10 mobs pulse one might hit 4 but pulse two might hit seven, and pulse three could hit 2.

Cause right now my two thoughts on it are (again 10 mob situation): I want each pulse to hit all 10 mobs every pulse, and the way I read it is, Pulse one might hit mob B, pulse 2 hits mob D, P3 hits B again, P4 hits F, and so on
    For what I understood it, it will be similar to how fire nova works now.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman