Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How does Garrosh time travel?

Ok, first off this is not a question of the time logic or any of that fun stuff. This is simply to ask how does Garrosh get the mojo to not only send himself back in time but also send him to Draenor.

From what we know right now only really two groups of creatures really know a lot about the time ways; bronze dragons and the faction of people found on the timeless isle (I forget what they are called). Of these two I don't believe any of them currently possess the ability to actually travel or send someone else into a different timeline. I think at the most they can currently view different timelines.

Also the order these things would have to occur is very important. Garrosh could not just travel back in time then go through the portal he would have to first be on Drawnor then travel back as the portal did not exist at that point in time (yet).

This brings up the possibility of him finding some unknown power source in outland (warlock green fire quest, *wink, wink*) to supercharge some sort of time device (timeless isle quest).

Any thoughts on how he may achieve this?
    Mal: "We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."
    ~Firefly~

I am not sure. I was under the impression that the Bronze Dragonflight lost their powers at the end of Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because They can. There's no reason behind it. Plus Blizzard loves Doctor Who and wanted to follow the same kind of "Lets make a storyline where its retconned beyond explination!" Wtg Blizz ~~;

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

Kairoz is helping him, which is all he really needs and through one of the hourglass visions we see soridormi die, who kept two vials with water of the original well of eternity, which would give them enough power for what they are planning, the hints are all over the place in hindsight.

All that he had to do now, was hijacking and alternate timeway, alter it and attach it to the prime timeline, to make it stable.

How many adventurers brought Kairoz epoch stones that were full of Chronomantic magic? I believe he is assisting Garrosh, super charged on the junk we brought to him on the isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemonium View Post
    I am not sure. I was under the impression that the Bronze Dragonflight lost their powers at the end of Cataclysm.
    They didn't lose their power, they lost their immortality if I remember correctly. Might be wrong

Deleted
    Kairoz the bronze dragon we've met on the Timeless Isle will help him, maybe through the Hourglass and the Stones we've collected on the isles. So bsaically we've helped Kairoz and he will help Garrosh.

And to further explain the "Time-Travel thingy": Nozdormu had the power to Travel in time and alternate timelines. He basically kept order to everything time related so we won't get shit on from some weird timeline with "Atom Bombs/Super powers".

Since the dragon Aspects lost their powers at the end of Cataclysm no one has the power to correct alternate timelines and hinder them from invading ours. And this is exaclty whats happening in Warlords of Draenor. Garrosh travels back in time, but not only that. By traveling back he altered our timeline instantly, creating an alternate timeline basically a parallel universe which is also the reason why our timeline won't be affected by the events happening on Draenor. You may ask now; How is it a threat to us then? Well basically Garrosh (and Kairoz maybe) found a way from the alternate Timeline into our timeline via "corrupting the dark portal" and using it as a kind of "worm hole" so they are invading OUR Azeroth as we know it with the Iron Horde.

Quotes from Chris Metzen during the 'World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor - What's Next'-panel.

"... After the events of Siege of Orgrimmar, Garrosh was taken away in chains.",

"... Suffice to say, Garrosh will be put on trial. And before the verdict can come down, he escapes. That bastard.",

"... Garrosh has a new friend, who has.. Let's say a unique ability to bend time. Garrosh goes back. Crestfallen. Upset. The world didn't work out quite the way he thought it might, and he hates the Horde now. With this coalition of mongrel races, and trolls and.. Elves? Really? He hates this Horde and everything Thrall ever stood for. And boy does he hate the Alliance too. So he's gone back. To the place and time where the world made sense to him.",

"Using his little friend that we talked about earlier, that can manipulate time, oh Garrosh is going to have them build the Dark Portal. And he's going to lead this Iron Horde through it. But his little friend has been given the task, kind of, of aligning it to our time.".

10+ Year Old Account
    For sure it might be Karioz, but does it has to do anything with Prince Malchezaar? The Gorehowl is linked to him somehow yet we dont know how so it mught be him and at the end of the expansion he might take it from Grommash?! I might seems little wierd but I just linked these two together.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemonium View Post
    Well, how is everyone to be satisfied when they can't even follow the lore properly.

People who don't understand this should only blame themselves.

I understand it, but I'm going to follow the advice of what every Blizzard employe has said thus far.

"This isn't about time travel. It's about Draenor and the characters it has." So yeah, won't bother with the whole time travel stuff. I'll pay attention to the Draenor storyline. They probably won't put anything that points to timetravel so it's better for everyone.

well if garrosh goes back in time and alters the timeline wouldnt Nozdormu know already, not our Nozdormu but the alternate timeline one that still has his powers in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by shino128 View Post
    well if garrosh goes back in time and alters the timeline wouldnt Nozdormu know already, not our Nozdormu but the alternate timeline one that still has his powers in the past?
    And that's what they mean when they say people just shouldn't bother.

There is only one Nozdormu in every timeline. So if he loses his powers in one it's done in all.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well on the What's Next panel for this Blizzcon, Dave Kosak says that Garrosh is helped out by Kairoz. I'm not sure how he'd help out exactly, as this wasn't elaborated upon. Kairoz's Vision of Time shows possible futures (the only ones that haven't occurred are the lore figures impaled on Sha-touched Stormwind, and Kairoz standing up top in the Inner Sanctum), so I don't know how this could teleport himself and/or Garrosh back in time, unless he either makes adjustments to it, or creates a new item.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    They didn't lose their power, they lost their immortality if I remember correctly. Might be wrong
    Talk to Kairoz a few times on the Timeless Isle. He brings up that the Bronze Dragonflight needs the help of mortals - the Timewalkers - to go through timeways to protect them, since the Bronze flight can't do it anymore.

Plus, all of the dragonflights lost a little bit of the power they control. That's why the aspects don't have glowing eyes anymore at the end of the Cata end cinematic.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

hrm my prob with the whole time travel/dimension thing is that wouldn't everything happen instantaneous in our world once garrosh goes back? It's not like we would have time to react would we? He goes back, instantly returns with his army, and we are totally screwed. Kind of like the scene from Back to the Future where doc brown sends his dog through time and then he reappears. Or when Marty returns from the past and witnesses himself going back. It's not like we are going to have the same amount of time preparing in our time/dimension.
    Last edited by Requiem4aDr3am; 2013-11-12 at 02:49 PM.

Possible thoughts: Kairoz is working with Wrathion, upset that his plan failed to have the alliance or the horde take over Azeroth. At Wrathion's behest, Kairoz monitors the timelines (the vision we see through the weeklys) to find an appropriate means of furthering his goals. Remember, one of the visions showed Garrosh dying, which was avoided. So Wrathion is doing his manipulation again behind the scenes to have the newly empowered Alliance face a true horde threat that will either prepare the Alliance for the Burning Legions coming, or allow the Iron Horde to overtake Azeroth and defeat the Burning Legion when it arrives.

According to Wrathion, win win for Azeroth (but not us).

If my calculations are correct when this thing hits 88mph you're going to see some serious shit

Deleted
    He uses this:

I'm actually just surprised at the technological advance that Garrosh brought to the Iron Horde. did he brought a Goblin engineer with him or is he a 475/475 lvl engineer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I'm actually just surprised at the technological advance that Garrosh brought to the Iron Horde. did he brought a Goblin engineer with him or is he a 475/475 lvl engineer?
    He brought the power source of the Iron Star device, basically a self-powered car engine. Imagine what Napoleon or the Romans could have done with something like that.