Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blizzcon Dev Interview, Character Re-Customization, Blue Posts, Blizzcon Pictures

What We've Learned From BlizzCon, Ladders are Still Experimented With, RoS BlizzCon Fan Reviews

BlizzCon 2013 Recap - Open Beta, iPhone, Android, Mystery Minion, and More

Blizzcon Dev Interview
    The Instance had a chance to interview Ghostcrawler and Russell Brower at Blizzcon. You can find a recap of the more interesting points below, but this episode is especially entertaining if you have time to listen!

Level 90 Boost
    • One of the problem's with WoW's success is the number of people coming back for a new expansion and not being able to join their friends right away. People may have left the game during previous expansions and would have had to level a lot before they were able to start playing with friends, which is not as much fun as playing right away. Giving everyone one free Level 90 should help out returning players.
    • If you take advantage of the Level 90 boost, the experience will be like Scroll of Resurrection on steroids. All of the skills will be removed from your bar except for the few that you need to be able to kill things. As you complete quests you will get more of your abilities until you have all of them, similar to the Death Knight starting experience.

Items and Professions
    • In the future it would be nice to save armor in a collection for transmog rather than having it fill up your bags.
    • Hit didn't feel like a bonus, just a hoop to jump through before having fun. It is hard to justify keeping a system like that in the game.
    • Tanking gear will have Armor as a tanking stat after Dodge and Parry are gone.
    • Reforging was supposed to be something that let players customize their gear to change their playstyle a little bit. It ended up just being extra work (and math) that had to be done if you wanted the most optimal gear.
    • The devs will try to reduce the economic impact that the Enchanting and Jewelcrafting changes will make. Enchanting might be able to make some weapons or offhands. Jewelcrafters might be able to make some trinkets or other things to sell.

Guilds and Raiding
    • The vast majority of raiders will still have a 10 player raid size option in Normal / Heroic (currently Flex / Normal). The Mythic (currently Heroic) difficulty has just one size to avoid the issues that appear when trying to balance both 10 and 25.
    • Today it is hard for 10 player guilds to grow, as every person that is added to the guild means one more person is sitting out. In the future you can bring that person to your raid thanks to the scaling tech.
    • The devs didn't talk to the top guilds about the Mythic raid size change beforehand.

Garrisons
    • The Garrison will have a farm, mine, and place to fish. Hopefully it will feel like a much, much bigger and cooler version of the farm.
    • Pet Battles and Garrisons seem like they would be nice on mobile devices, but any resources spent on doing that will not be used on the actual game.
    • The Pet Stable in the Garrison will allow you to assign some of your pets to appear in the world there.

Character Customization and Art
    • The team has talked about more customization, such as sub races, for a long time. Some would require different models with different textures. A good way to give players access to the different races would also be required. Perks for the different sub races might also be interesting.
    • The artists have experimented with what a brace of knives would look like on a Rogue's thigh. Quivers are another thing that are being looked at. While they might not be ready for 6.0, they are being worked on.

Misc
    • Draenor should feel scary, similar to the experience with Fel Reavers in Outland. There are giant Gron walking around, making the world a more dangerous place. Flying mount access will be delayed as long as possible, maybe even past Level 100 until Patch 6.1. (Keep in mind this is just an idea being tossed around)
    • Mists of Pandaria only had enough designers and artists to do new raids, as they last longer than a few dungeons. The encounter and art teams have become bigger since then, so more dungeons will hopefully be added in later Warlords patches.
    • Making big changes in the middle of an expansion is dangerous, as players log in and find significant changes that they can't keep up with. With a new expansion some bigger changes are expected, so it is safer to do larger changes for new expansions.

Sound
    • Sound shouldn't be annoying, which is part of reasoning for the new Hunter weapon sounds.
    • The last time there has been so much diversity in the sound required for the expansion was likely Vanilla. There is a lot diversity in the races and zones in Warlords.

Level 100 Talent Calculator
    Over the weekend we added the Level 100 Talents to the WoWDB Talent Calculator. Keep in mind these talents will likely change significantly before release and are not final. You can find a text listing of the talents in this recap.

Character Models and Re-Customization
    Ghostcrawler and other blue posters made it very clear yesterday that the "no free re-customization" is definitely not a final decision.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    New Character Models
    So I have to say...I'm disappointed there are no screenshots of any updated human females...are they not getting a new character model update too?
    We're still working on many of the character models. They are all (up to goblin and worgen) getting it. We'll consider goblin and worgen too later if it makes sense. (Don't panic.)

Chris Robinson during the art panel said he had wished he could have brought completed screenshots of all of the races and genders but it just wasn't possible. When you take a look at the ones we're able to show currently, you'll be able to see all of the hard work and care being put into them though. Check out a few races on our site- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords...or/#characters

Nethaera, please check these threads on mmo-champion, there's a lot of feedback about the new character models
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...w-undead-model

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Keep-the-Hunch

We'll be keeping an eye on ALL feedback that's coming in on the content we're working on, just keep in mind, the issue with art is it's subjective. No matter what we do, someone else is going to believe they know how it can be better.

They have to finish updating Horde races first. After that's done, they'll start working on Alliance models.
    Odd perspective when two of the models being shown on the website are dwarf and gnome and we showed the female gnome and female dwarf a little at BlizzCon. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Free Character Re-Customization
    Once again I want to say this. The question didn't mention at all about a free customization. It only asked about if it's possible to get a customization. I think either Jay or whatever read the question wrong or the guy asked it wrong.
    Again I think it's just way too early to make a determination, and Tom certainly didn't give a definite answer. Our artists are going to extreme lengths to ensure the new models and animations embody (kyuck knyuck?) what you know and love about your characters. Our hope (and Tom's point) is that you log in, go AWESOME, and enjoy playing your character that still looks and moves and acts like your character - just at a much higher fidelity. If it comes down to it and we just totally miss the mark I'm sure we'd at least seriously consider offering a chance to pick something else. But again, too early to say for sure.

With all due respect, Bash, the quote (including the additional context Chaud just posted) seems fairly definitive to me. It's only not definitive in the "it's pre-beta and anything could change" sense, but his statement was not ambiguous. His current plan is to not offer free recustomizations. Maybe he'll change his mind, but, well, that's the point of this thread: to get the policy changed.
    That's cool if you want to take it that way, but there's no policy. It's current thoughts based on sound intent of a faithful update for current looks and options. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warlords of Draenor Content
    Wrathion and Warlords of Draenor Content
    Where did Wrathion go? Why did you scrap the Burning Legion despite all of the chatter about their return? Why did BlizzCon offer so little about actual content and instead focus mainly on Garrisons? I gotta say, I am not really all that thrilled about another filler expansion that is more or less just a huge patch with new features.
    I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Wrathion. Keep in mind (not saying this is related to Wrathion btw) that the story bits you've seen are just one part of the expansion's story. There will be plenty more that you'll get to experience. You are going to get to experience the Draenei's real culture, history, and heroes among many others.

There's a ton of new content as well. Garrisons is a new piece of content, as is the new PvP zone, Trial of the Gladiator is completely new and there are a ton of quality of life improvements. Not to mention all of the new (completely new from the ground up) zones, creatures, quests, story lines and much much more.

This next expansion is definitely not filler. It always makes me a bit sad when I see people who say things like this, but we'll do our best to help you see the light with more information releases as we go along.

This is part-and-parcel of a new expansion and certainly would expect nothing less. I've always found the expansions offer tons of new zones, quests, etc. The critique here is that the tone of the game seemed to be shifting in a very obvious direction, but it seems like it was scrapped last-second for Warlords. Based on the presentation--what are the raids, who are the bosses, what is the lore, what story does the cinematic tell--it almost seems like you were not prepared to reveal a new expansion at BlizzCon.

P.S. - I don't mean to make you sad. As you know, the game has a pretty passionate following.

Nothing was built and then "scrapped at the last second" in fact, from what I know, the developers have been working on a lot of this plus more (future more) very very hard. If you read this blog (if you didn't see the live stream) by Bashiok, you can read more of the dungeons and Raids that are planned. The "Warlords of Draenor: The Adventure continues" panel live stream also went more into the story and who you're going to see and meet there (the original warchiefs like Grommash, Durotan etc.)

The trailer shown for the announcement is more of a tease, but if you look at the main image, those are all orc warchiefs that those familiar with the original Warcraft RTS will readily recognize. This is a chance for the Alliance to take the initiative and go after the Iron Horde and it's a chance for the Horde as it is now to rediscover who they are and what they're about. The story is about YOU as a hero as well, facing down an incredibly powerful and dangerous foe in order to protect Azeroth as it is today.

It seems that there's still a lot of information that you're missing and if you didn't get the live-stream or don't plan to, might I also suggest spending some time reading the articles on our various fansites and listening to their podcasts? (We'll try to gather as many of them together for you as we can to help too.) I think that might help you understand a bit more about our plans.

As always, this is just the start of things and as development progresses, ideas, and implementation of those ideas may change, but we'll try to share as much as we can as we go along for you.

I must admit the whole garrison thing could have been cool but bliz just flat out got it wrong again... I would much rather see a GUILD garrison. Would it not be completely awesome if your garrison was attacked by random bosses/mobs and had to be defended by your guild. I picture huge armies of gnolls charging your gates or some random rock giant eating your walls... Make the events random and give some world loot for defeating it, or suffer thru massive costly rebuilds if you cant.
    Much like the farm was a first step, consider this another step. People kept asking for player housing and we had to find a way to make it truly a part of Warcraft and not just a place to collect dust bunnies. This is what we've come up with. Could guild structures be something that comes about eventually? It just might. Not getting something now doesn't mean it's not possible some time in the future. It may just happen. We didn't just come up with Garrisons overnight. It took time, planning, thought, and technology to all come together. It's a great addition and you'll still be able to bring your friends and guildies into it to visit and maybe even show off your elite Garrison planning skills.

Wait...we're actually getting Draenei Lore? I thought that didn't exist?
    Getting some? We're going to their HOME. We get to get up close and intimate with who they are, what they're about, their lore, their, struggles, their triumphs, their defeats. We get to find out so much more about them (plus no one crashes a space ship.) Are you sure you're ready for it?

I am not really missing out on a lot of information--Bashiok's blog post about D&R in WoD is not overly informative (it was mainly about the fact that Flex worked and it's coming back even more so, but we're renaming the difficulties).
    We purposefully didn't recap all of the panels because we know how much coverage there would be from fansites etc. I certainly didn't want you to think I was saying you didn't know or understand the lore. I'm going off of all of the extra information that was shared within the panels that had a lot of extra nuance that may have been missed. We'll be doing what we can to fill in the gaps too over time. We just felt it was a good idea to get the basics out there, round up the fansite and media coverage and then as we move forward, start getting into more of the nitty gritty details as we define them more during development. Call it some breathing room if you will.

The story is being moved forward, just in another way. I understand if you might not have an interest in it or have expectations for a different story all together, but it's not directionless development being done. There's a plan in place and hopefully we'll be able to continue to express that plan to everyone in a clear way.

We really do appreciate all of the interest and discussion on it all already as well as the constructive feedback. Please don't think we don't.

Well... do we at least get a quest to crash an Elekk, Gryphon, Gyrocopter or something along those lines at least?

I've heard there's tanks. Will those do?

And here I thought that Draenor wasn't actually the homeworld of the Draenei, that Argus was their homeworld, and that they just landed on Draenor after escaping the Burning Legion. Looks like another Draenei-influenced retcon.
    Not a retcon and technically you're correct, it's not their original home, but it's a home that they made their own complete with culture and history. So, you're right on one level and not right on another. They've had several homes, this one though is a pretty big one for them.

Just to touch on Wrathion briefly, it seems Dave Kosak did mention it in a panel that we like Wrathion and he may make an appearance but we have no plans to have him work on a Legendary quest line in Warlords of Draenor. (I checked with the team to see if I missed the answer somewhere and it seems I did.)

While we're discussing the story of WoD, here's something my wife seriously asked me after watching many of the panels:

"Are they going to have a heroic scenario where we discover the secret location that Blizzard is stashing all their female leads for WoD and free them?"

Seriously though, watching them roll out 10 main characters and having them all be men is disappointing. Maybe that works for the testosterone filled 18-24 male age group, but please remember that many of your players are women and men who appreciate a diversified story with actual female characters. Blizzard has always done a fair job of this, so the 10 main characters highlighted being all male felt very 2003 and out of touch for 2013. And frankly it's just boring to have the whole expansion be a sausage-festival.

Valid concern and I can address that only a little right now, but it's worth noting that there are plans for some female characters as well. Historically the clan chiefs are all male, so I can see how with the announcement video that it looks very male heavy. But, there will be female characters that will have their time as well. I'm not going to say 50/50 or equal time since I'm not privy to the specifics right now and wouldn't want to spoil anything anyway, but I can say that the designers are working on it. I don't know how much was covered by Applecidermage when she spoke with quest designer Helen Cheng but from speaking to her (and she's someone that's been critical of this herself), she seemed pretty happy about what she's heard. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warlords of Draenor Content
    Time travel is a concept that in every TV, game or movie I have seen it in means your product has jumped the shark and run out of ideas. The only thing worse in storytelling is the "It was all just a dream!" device. Not sure how they are going to implement it, but I would assume instance-style ala Caverns of Time or phasing. Fine for a patch. But didn't Blizzard just say in Cataclysm that creating a disjointed world was part of the reason it failed? Same with the Garrison concept. It's almost player housing...with phasing...which nobody likes and will be exploited in PVP...

What I do know is that this the first time I have ever leaned heavily towards not buying the Xpack. As an average player, that makes me feel like I am not alone, and that there needs to be more of the things I would expect in a patch. What I see right now does NOT make me want for fork over $50. (New character models!!! Really?)

Cmon Blizzard, give me a better reason to stay! What is missing that you need to see from this Xpack? For me, the minimum needs to be a new race/new zone. Otherwise, what am I paying for?

First, it's not a story of time travel. It's a story of Draenor. There's not moment where you've disrupted the space/time continuum. There's no moment when you will worry about running into your double. It's an opportunity to experience it in it's (savage) glory. Nothing more.

Second, while you may feel disappointed right now, (though from what I've seen you might be one of the few), you may just change your mind. Have you watched the Live-Stream at all? There is an awful lot to get excited about.

That said, I respect that you may feel the way you do, but I think you need to really look at it all again and then keep an eye on our updates we'll be providing along the way.

I think you may just feel you've gotten a new race just by the character updates. We're not just talking about a re-skin, but talking about more bones, more movement in hair, facial expressions that bring characters even more to life, animation, and even improvements to how they SOUND when they walk. (Sound Panel for those that missed it.) We also have to ask ourselves if a new race and class is necessary or even makes sense. There are so many to choose from already and a lot of work that's gone into each existing one as it is. Do we really have room for more? Maybe someday in the future. Is now the time for it? Perhaps not.

If you want new zones, there are plenty of those see here. There are seven of them all being built from the ground up.

If you're hinging your total enjoyment on whether or not there's a new class or race though, then yes, you're probably going to be a bit disappointed.

Sorry, but that WOULD make it a revamped Outlands. A new zone wouldn't need to be based on anything, that's what NEW implies.

Blizzard's definition of new and the actual dictionary definition of new are apparently two different things. See Neth's comments on how the new character models will be like getting all-new races.

My words taken out of context are just that. Don't make it sound as if it was a pithy remark to dismiss a concern someone had. There was more to the answer there. My point was that it may well feel (to some) like a new character with the enhancements/updates.

Outland is not being revamped. Draenor is a completely new world. Outland is the shadow of what Draenor was before it was shattered. We're not putting the pieces back together though. We're creating Draenor for you to experience as it was prior to it being shattered. It's being built (literally built) from the ground up. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warlords of Draenor and Time Travel
    Blizzard sucks at realism. It's natural.
    Please share your real time travel with the rest of us.

You are from universe A, going to parallel universe B 30 years ago. Anything happen in universe B won't affect history of universe A.
    Right. Garrosh goes back to Draenor and starts messing with things to make his perfect Horde which creates an alternate timeline. From that alternate timeline they find a way to come through the Dark Portal to our present. A very real danger to our current Azeroth, but changes on the alternate timeline's past would not affect our present (except for the angry murder-orcs spilling out of the Dark Portal).

As Dave said it's not something you need to worry about, this isn't the time travel/paradox expansion; it's about exploring that setting, visiting those locations, meeting or facing these legendary names and figures from the past, and experiencing some extremely important settings of Warcraft's history in a bigger way than we've ever done before. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Posts
    Account Wide Reputations
    Even the account-wide systems have limitations/exceptions, and most are based on the idea that you're still playing individual characters that are making progress within the world they inhabit. Making various systems account-wide is obviously convenient and time-saving, but it can have a downside of reducing attachment and meaning for the actions of your individual characters. Despite some player's intent to reduce the game to its core systems, we do still hold that this should be an immersive roleplaying game, and that your character's actions aren't just numbers or an entry in a database.

In quite a few cases we're ok with sacrificing some character individuality for the sake of convenience, but even with those there are exceptions where achievements/mounts/etc. are character-specific. We don't really want the game to be a platform where you swap characters in at out at-will because there's no difference between them except a skin and set of abilities. Ideally you're making an alt because you want to play them.

So, in-short, we prefer that reputations are an enjoyable way to track your progress while playing, or something earned by a hero that so impressed a faction as to gain their highest esteem and reverence, and for those reasons we have no intention to make reputations account-wide at the current time. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The Cost Of Leveling Gear
    You can make more mining, skinning and herb picking in lowbie areas than in the higher zones. What does that do to lowbies trying to raise their profession, trying to make money, and to equip themselves?
    Probably makes them fairly wealthy off-the-bat if they have a gathering profession, which most do as the guides out there recommend against dual-crafting professions for new characters. Likely a what-if situation more than a real problem a lot of people run into. If low-level things on the AH are going for a lot, it means low-level players are going to sell the stuff they find for a lot, and they'll be able to get into the economy fairly quickly.

The redesign of 1-60 in Cataclysm also brought the quest/dungeon itemization in-line with newer designs, so crafting that OP Enchanting wand that'd last you until level 20 isn't really a thing any more. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

New Race or Class
    We're making new character models for all original races (and likely draenei/blood elves as well) including redone hair/skin/appearance options and animations. We're essentially implementing 8 (10) "new" races, as far as the amount of work goes. It's been a long-time coming, it's been one of your guys' main requests for the game, one of our biggest wish-list items, and we're finally delivering on new character models. That's huge.

As far as a new class, when we take a long-term view of World of Warcraft we don't see a game where we ended up having 50 classes. A new class is a big deal, and while it can be a lot of fun, it's also a big shakeup to people's understanding of the game ("Who is this new guy and what does he do?" /in your best Arnold voice). Even if you don't play one they'll be in your groups and so it requires that everyone essentially learn the new class. We are intentionally cautious about adding new ones. Plus we just added monk and the class landscape right now feels pretty good. There will of course be class tweaks and changes in Warlords of Draenor, but having an expansion with the same talent system as the expansion before it (*gasp*), and with more or less the same ability/class lineup will be a nice change of pace and allow both our designers and players to focus on the big new features and quality of life improvements to the game's core systems. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Female Characters in Warlords of Draenor
    After watching the Blizzcon panels my wife asked me the following: "Are we going to get a heroic scenario where we discover the secret location Blizzard has hidden all of their female lead characters so we can liberate them?"

I've come to understand that so heavily weighting your stories to an all-male cast isn't just mindlessly sexist, it's downright bad storytelling as well. And it's a surefire way to make your story freaking boring (there are others of course, but this is a big one).

Of course I can appreciate that Blizzard has been hard at work, in secret, to build the WoD story and game. In that crucible of fire and secrecy, a lot of ideas are thrown in that will not pass a more public scrutiny. It is in that vein that I offer this post.

Now that you've opened up the process to the fans, allow me to help give you some perspective. And I'll also give you a little reminder that this is 2013, not 2003, and boring one-dimensional stories aren't going to cut it anymore.

I answered you (I believe it was you) in another thread, but I wanted to reiterate. As with any time we announce new expansions, we haven't revealed a lot of the story. Some things are just going to have to be experienced or revealed later if we choose to reveal them. That said, there are female characters that will be showing up to be a part of the adventure. I know of one at least that I'm really looking forward to learning more of.

Personally, I'm really happy to have so many in the community come forward and ask to see these wonderful female characters to get more air time. Hopefully the designers will be able to satisfy a bit of this for you. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Toy Collection in Warlords of Draenor
    I think the new inventory features for toys and heirlooms are great! But....how do I get back all the toys I had to destroy because I didn't have room for them?
    We'll see what happens, but it may be possible to get you back the toys that were quest rewards. We'll have to see about anything else though. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    PvE
    Do you see other types of PvE based content (i.e. raid alternatives, not faction grind/dailies) coming into WoW?
    It is possible but certainly not trivial to design. (Source)

regarding encounter design, why do "tank swaps" keep getting used? Is there no other way to force a second tank into a 10m?
    Swaps are one tool, along with just tanking different things, but we want to be able to have one boss fights as well. (Source)
    We no longer do saber lash-style damage soaking, which tanks as a group were pretty down on. (Source)

Hey gc, how do you feel about the change from Hmode being activated through mechanics (like ulduar) vs clicking a menu button?
    People tend to remember Mimiron and maybe Freya, but the fact is we were going to run out of "button" ideas really quickly. (Source)

Blizzcon Coverage Update
    The World of Warcraft: What's Next panel notes have now been updated to include more detail. A mega recap is forthcoming after all panel notes have been updated!

Blizzcon Pictures
    We have a small selection of the things you can see at Blizzcon! If you went to Blizzcon and took any interesting pictures, feel free to share them in the comments.

Last edited by chaud; 2013-11-12 at 10:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait so when you boost a character their abilities are going to become locked till you complete quests? Thats a terrible idea, specially on a pvp realm.

It'd be cool if you already have a 90 toon of the same class and are trying a different faction that it wouldn't lock your spells.

And as for flying...JUST MAKE IT LIKE THE PAST...YOU REACH LEVEL CAP, YOU CAN BUY FLYING IN THE NEW AREA!!!

I am wondering how we will get to Draenor. It sounds as if we would use the same portal the Blood Orcs will use to get to Azeroth. It was announced that the portal to Outland would turn red when this occurs. If there is only one portal, how will my level 90 be able to go to Outland instead of Draenor if I want to go to Outland when I step through the portal?

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    I am wondering how we will get to Draenor. It sounds as if we would use the same portal the Blood Orcs will use to get to Azeroth. It was announced that the portal to Outland would turn red when this occurs. If there is only one portal, how will my level 90 be able to go to Outland instead of Draenor if I want to go to Outland when I step through the portal?
    the rumor is that they'll put up a portal to outland in the Caverns of Time

My second comment on this website

As i've been unsubscribed from the game since patch 4.0.3 came live, I'm really looking forward to this expansion.
    Brings many TBC memories when i'm looking at the new zones in Draenor and i really like that famous "item stats squish" (one of the main reasons to leave WoW was the insane numbers of HP, dmg and etc). Revamping the old races is a plus too.

I'm one of the many Vanilla and TBC players out there and i approve the option to get a character instant up to lvl 90 as i've been playing so many years and i was always kind of lazy to do all that grinding stuff and got myself only 3 max level characters for 4-5 years of playing the game.

In my opinion Blizzard have done a great job so far.

Deleted
    "You are from universe A, going to parallel universe B 30 years ago. Anything happen in universe B won't affect history of universe A."

Praise the holy and unholy lords.
    At least someone else who had truly understand the "timetravel" Blizzard is doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    It'd be cool if you already have a 90 toon of the same class and are trying a different faction that it wouldn't lock your spells.

And as for flying...JUST MAKE IT LIKE THE PAST...YOU REACH LEVEL CAP, YOU CAN BUY FLYING IN THE NEW AREA!!!
    Well.....you still need level cap.
    But it will be awesome if they really wait for it till 6.1.......what i have read about the demo, there are so many sidequests and "hidden" places out there in Draenor, that exploring by flying would be boring.

This game is being ripped apart...

(one of the main reasons to leave WoW was the insane numbers of HP, dmg and etc).
    Seriously, thats the silliest reason I've ever seem :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schintus View Post
    Yeah people like you post for the last 9 years, guess what! Don't play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    The devs will try to reduce the economic impact that the Enchanting and Jewelcrafting changes will make. Enchanting might be able to make some weapons or offhands. Jewelcrafters might be able to make some trinkets or other things to sell.
    yea, because that works

Getting some? We're going to their HOME. We get to get up close and intimate with who they are, what they're about, their lore, their, struggles, their triumphs, their defeats. We get to find out so much more about them (plus no one crashes a space ship.) Are you sure you're ready for it?

But is Argus not the home planet and Dreanor was the planet they used as a refuge?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is sexism the new race card? Oh no they didn't put enough females in the story yet sexism. Get over it.

Sunfall a talent?! It should be in the game already. For a spec called Balance one would think its mechanics should have a balance in design.

Quote Originally Posted by Schintus View Post
    and yet crybabies like you still play the game..

we heard this moaning for every expansion, and for every change blizz have made via patches.

if blizz makes a more tougher content then the casuals gona moan that the game is to hard, if blizz lowers the difficulty then the hc players gona moan that the game is to easy and so on and so forth.
    its just too impossible to balance the game(regardless what the changes is about) to suit all, and that is a fact.

ive played WoW since the first beta and the only expansion/content i realy disliked was Cataclysm since the hole thing was beeing facerolled abit to fast, within 24h dragon soul was cleared on normal wich was realy disapointing, and i did stop playing in cata and returned with the release of MoP, thats the only complaint i have about WoW so far.

so far WoD looks realy interesting, and if you and others like you realy gona moan atleast wait till the beta is available so you actualy can see and test the new content.. but as always its easier to QQ..

Quote Originally Posted by badmadz View Post
    "You are from universe A, going to parallel universe B 30 years ago. Anything happen in universe B won't affect history of universe A."

Praise the holy and unholy lords.
    At least someone else who had truly understand the "timetravel" Blizzard is doing.
    We're playing in a world where you call steeds from nothingness, fling spells from your bare hands, and 2-foot high beings can wield weapons 3 times bigger than they are, surviving a fight against a beast with toenails larger than said beings. It's silly to quibble about how time travel works, firstly, in a game based solidly in fantasy and magic, and secondly, in reference to a topic that has NO basis in reality. Any "rules" about time travel are absolutely arbitrary, and definitely do not take precedence over any "rules" that Blizzard decides to exercise in its own game.

Exercise a healthy willing suspension of disbelief. It's an RPG, not a hard science documentary.

wait why are they removing parry and dodge? next thing you know they'll turn crit chance into a stat where you crit every x number of attacks

Sigh. Another expansion where we can't fly until max level--or, in this case, even after that. Blizz should just come out and admit that flying mounts were a huge mistake and remove them. I love my 200+ flying mounts, but it is absolutely absurd that I cannot use them during the entire leveling process of each expansion because Blizz is unable to design content that works with flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post

But is Argus not the home planet and Dreanor was the planet they used as a refuge?
    Argus is their planet of origin, yes; however, they were on the run for some 25,000 years. They were on Draenor long enough to get wholly attached to it, enough that they named it after themselves. While the 200 years they spent there is little more than a heartbeat in their lifetime, it was the last real "home" they had before crashing on Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by a_geek_tragedy View Post
    Sigh. Another expansion where we can't fly until max level--or, in this case, even after that. Blizz should just come out and admit that flying mounts were a huge mistake and remove them. I love my 200+ flying mounts, but it is absolutely absurd that I cannot use them during the entire leveling process of each expansion because Blizz is unable to design content that works with flying mounts.
    GC has said he feels flight was a mistake. However, that bird's flown the coop, so to speak. As to whether they can design content that works with flying mounts... do you not recall the birds around Halfhill used to be aggressive? Do you not recall Skettis, or the Skyguard and Ogri'la questing areas in Blade's Edge, or the black dragonflight infesting the Twilight Highlands? The problem, I think, is that to make the world as dangerous as they want it to feel, the air would have to be pretty much seething with aggressive creatures flying at various levels all the way up to the flight ceiling. The framerate impact would be truly ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a_geek_tragedy View Post
    Well they are listening to the people the amount of people that complain about immersion. If you can just fly over everything then you're just focused on the sky and your destination. People didn't choose to use the ground mounts because as you know convenience trumps immersion when you get the choice.