Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

My Guild just got disbanded

Wall of Text INC

First off im not here to nag, its Blizzards game after all and sometimes u just got to accept how it works and adapt the best u can.
    I wanted to share the situation in my 10man guild after blizzcon and how this might affect Blizzard bad however. Im pretty sure this is the start of whats gonna be a tough couple of months for a lot of others in the same position as we were.

Mythic - 20

When this was dropped at Blizzcon my guild chat and website forum just exploded over the next days tbh, the discussion hasnt ended until now. It wasnt a fight-against-each-other kind of disc, it was more like... What the hell are WE going to do?

I was in a casual raiding guild, We were raiding 2 days a week and we were at 7/14HC in SoO. My guild was basicly just made up, what i would call today, some of my best friends, were all from the same country, we have all met in real life and have been playing together the exact same way for 5 years.

We came down to 3 different solutions on what were going to do

Merge with another guild and go with their flow
    Another guild merge with us and let em join our flow
    Split and let each other find a experienced and stable 25man guild on their own

Merging guilds doesnt work, it wont be possible to match up everyone expectations, schedules and demands to make it work properly for everyone involved.
    The main reason there are different 10 man guilds today in the first place is the fact that everyone cant raid with the same schedule. U kind of searched ure way thru the mass to find something that fitted u. With that only being 9 others rather than 24 or well 19, the chance to find something for u was a lot higher.
    Role wise, since 25man is also only 2 tanks. 2 people will be dropped guranteed if a merge takes place.

Due to our bond we had in our guild, it was kind of a... All gets a spot or noone gets a spot situation.

It didnt end well tbh, myself i went more with the split and find a experienced & stable 25man solution as i belive this will be the best way to go from something great to something better without feeling that the last years has been just wasted. 25mans are rare today tbh and they only recruit individual players, not huge packs.

What happend and how does this affect blizzard?
    Half of my guild decided to quit the game instead of starting over again and i understand them... they didnt feel like it will be possible to find anything that is going to fit them one more time, this time being such a huge roster. They only played this game just for having fun 2 nights a week with pals and were basicly players that only logged in when we raided and then u didnt see them online until next raid, but they were subscibers to this game for all these years.

A few others wanted to safe a spot already to ensure they get into a stable 25man with a few years experience together when WoD starts, the rest are well, just waiting for WoD and hoping to join something since were all gonna have to join a new guild when WoD hits anyway if we still wanna play the game we always had.
    This time we just cant do it together.

Seeing Blizzcon it felt like blizzard wanted to make the next expansion about new friendships but it do feel like they forgot about excisting ones, at least us.

Still...
    Since its still so early, are we actualy destryoing ourselves for nothing? I mean a lot might change before WoD acctualy hits, 20 Mythic might also?
    Is there any other players in the same situation as us, how are u handling this?

Edit: Just wanted to clarify abit since people are asking on why we didnt even try anything
    We havent walked on clouds for 5 years being a steady 10 players, its been rough keeping the roster at 12 to be able to make it. I guess i forgot to add that in my guild has a country restriction (I play on EU server) which narrows down the search quiet a lot. Judging by how it have felt trying to get 1 or 2 players at times, we just dont see 10-12 more happening at all. Not now or when WoD comes.
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2013-11-13 at 12:02 AM.

Deleted
    One guild disbands, another one forms. This is what will happen, and it will solve itself in time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterpewn View Post
    One guild disbands, another one forms. This is what will happen, and it will solve itself in time.
    No if people quit or just retire from normal raiding.

Deleted
    Sucks to hear but thats what happens with guilds sometimes, of any reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    Yeah sure, but I think people do it too soon instead of actually trying to make the best of this and see how the raids will improve because of this change.

What about the option

x) Recruit a couple of new players over the next 9-12 months and get a 20 man raiding core? Try them out in the current content, take your time, etc?

Geez.

Deleted
    Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And other people join...

See where this is going?
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

...your guild disbanded because in several months they won't be able to take part in heroic raiding without getting off their butts and recruiting - which apparently wasn't even recognized as a course of action?

EDIT: Yeah, that's a really strong bond you guys had there. </sarcasm>
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Deleted
    Yeah I doubt "Mythic" was the reason of your guilds disbanding, stop being such a dramaqueen.
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2013-11-12 at 10:05 PM.

People are not quitting. People are being dramatic. 10 amazing and cohesive friends would most likely look to recruit, considering how much time they have, instead of just breaking up completely to look for a 25 man guild that they would most likely be cut from anyway because 25 mans have to downscale 5 people.

If people stepped back and took a breath before going insane over this we would have much less spam all over the place giving arguments without numbers, which are the things that blizzard def has.

My heart bleeds with sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Sucks to hear but thats what happens with guilds sometimes, of any reason.
    This is basically what this is about. The guilds that disband now would probably have disbanded over any reason big enough. Their bond was simply not strong enough, their members not interested enough in the game to carry on no matter what comes. And even though that is so, some will stay and find new guilds that are able to play the content. It'll be fine.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Knee jerk reaction, you have a year + the time it will take to raid heroics before you get to mythic to recruit 10 people.

Also it seems that you guys didn't even consider flat out recruitment. Only merging.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2013-11-12 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks, and I'm sorry to hear it. Everyone that I know who has been effected by the new Mythic difficulty are just merging with guilds that they either use to be in, or know pretty well. There is enough time before WoD comes out for newly formed/merged guilds to run content together and learn each other's style. It sucks but the options are pretty limited.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    ...your guild disbanded because in several months they won't be able to take part in heroic raiding without getting off their butts and recruiting - which apparently wasn't even recognized as a course of action?

Lame thread is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post

I'd have to say I'm with this guy. It isn't going to happen for a long time, and you don't even wait until then to see how it plays out?

I'll be blunt. If your guild's leadership gave up without even making an attempt at any of the dozens of possible solutions, then disbanding was an inevitability. You would have broken apart the first time you ran into a brick wall of a boss, for example. Since it was only a matter of time, your members having an opportunity to get into another guild now is only to their benefit.

I'm just wondering why your guild is already disbanding, instead of at least finishing out this tier and having fun with the game as it is?

Why is your only expansion option a merge, and not "recruit more people, run a second 10 man, and merge to one run once the expansion hits?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, this is getting just down right stupid, so instead of taking your time and seeing where connected realms leads too and maybe recruiting 1 - 3 players a lockout as trials and spending the next XX months recruiting, building and seeing if you can make this work and form a strong 20 - 25 man roster for Mythic your guild took the easy way out and disbanded. I just don't get it anymore you have plenty of time to make these decisions but in the middle of progression you had players quit on the rest of the team. Seriously if thats the attitude of those who quit then in the long run Mythic isn't made for you.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear