Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

GW2 is on Sale!(Humble sale is now over)

This sale is now over
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-11-13 at 07:11 PM.
    BAD WOLF

No offence, but are people still buying this game? I thought everyone knew better now that the cat is out of the bag and the game didn't live up to the hype? Never the less, being helpful is always good I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Thessik-Irontail View Post
    No offence, but are people still buying this game? I thought everyone knew better now that the cat is out of the bag and the game didn't live up to the hype? Never the less, being helpful is always good I guess.
    Whether or not you feel that the game "lived up to the hype" is irrelevant in this discussion.

Very high quality MMO. Best out there unless you demandz the raiding.

Also, nothing lives up to hype, because hype represents nothing. Hype is ephemeral and nebulous. Don't pay attention to hype. This is advice from an old man.

Deleted
    I don't see the game in the list. Is the US version different than the EU one (website, not GW2)?

EDIT: US only it seems.
    Last edited by mmoc07b172f625; 2013-11-12 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Very high quality MMO. Best out there unless you demandz the raiding.

Also, nothing lives up to hype, because hype represents nothing. Hype is ephemeral and nebulous. Don't pay attention to hype. This is advice from an old man.
    You should consider a career in stand-up comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    You should consider a career in stand-up comedy.
    Whoa! Differing opinions!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    I don't see the game in the list. Is the US version different than the EU one (website, not GW2)?

EDIT: US only it seems.
    Sorry to hear that. I didn't know there was a difference for that site because others have commented on being able to buy US priced games as EU.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Whoa! Differing opinions!
    by golly oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    by golly oh my!
    Only my opinion counts

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    I'm sorry kiddo. But I think if GW2 offered real 25 man raid content WoW would be seriously hurting right now.
    GW2 can't really even get 5m content right, so I'm not sure. It's a great game, but most raiders expect more than DPS zerging down a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Irrelevant. Regardless of what you THINK about the how game and how it did or didn't measure up to your perception of success, the game is still being played by many (they must have done something right), and happens to be on sale for 24 hours. You comment is absolutely pointless and nothing but flame bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    GW2 can't really even get 5m content right, so I'm not sure. It's a great game, but most raiders expect more than DPS zerging down a boss.
    *cough* tequatl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people don't raid? What in the hey now??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2voZ9-8LOI
    Valar morghulis

GW2 has been on sales literally 10 times in the last two months. It had two 40% of sales in October '13 alone. It is also on sale at Amazon on the moment (30% off)

My advice, wait till it goes F2P. You are wasting your money regardless of sale.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I get that can I buy a digital upgrade to like the deluxe version or whatever it's called

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Most people don't raid? What in the hey now??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2voZ9-8LOI
    Great now I want to log in and play some WvW thank you...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If I get that can I buy a digital upgrade to like the deluxe version or whatever it's called
    Yes but take it from someone who got it after the release of GW2. The Deluxe version isn't worth it the elite skill is useless and I don't even show the mini pet.

Wish I kept those 2k gems I saved up at the start of the game lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yeah, since it has content patchs every two weeks, no other popular mmo offers that amount of content.

The game is not focused on raids, but there are world bosses, and let me tell you, the recent world bosses, dungeons and fractals, have a really high difficulty level and coordination needed (you will be wiping alot, and talking in teamspeak). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzCNYbfHoRU
    Last edited by Trollhamaren; 2013-11-13 at 02:57 AM.
    OBEY THE PUG!

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    The game is not focused on raids, but there are world bosses, and let me tell you, the recent world bosses, dungeons and fractals, have a difficulty level and coordination needed that WoW has never had, since WoW have down its difficulty alot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzCNYbfHoRU
    That doesn't change the point that they have yet to have instanced content where the most viable build comps don't revolve around glass cannons. Again, a 25m raider in WoW would not find content like that interesting if that 25m raider is specifically looking for content similar to 25m raids in WoW. Maybe I wasn't clear enough, or maybe you and everyone else didn't bother to read the message I was replying to.

The point is that GW2 can not appeal, and has not shown any ability to ever appeal, to the core 25m raider demographic. There's no need to get your panties in a bunch because someone dares to say anything negative about the game. Which it is not wholly negative depending on one's position. I am just making a neutral observation.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-11-13 at 02:59 AM.

That doesn't change the point that they have yet to have instanced content where the most viable build comps don't revolve around glass cannons.
    I don't run glass cannon on my guard I run a support hammer/2h build and it works just fine hell there has been many times if I wasn't running that build we would die like on the spider boss in AC.

There is many builds that work well its just sadly most go glass cannon and do it really bad.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD