Thread: Dps seems low.

Dps seems low.

Currently raiding normal SoO as ele shammy. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gbutt/advanced
    Am just not happy with my damage on most fights. ive tried all 3 lvl 90 talents. usually use ele blast. Just getting fustrated with my numbers. getting destroyed by a mage whos only 6 ilvls above me. ( my simmed dps was around 234k and his is 308k somehow)
    AM i doing anything wrong. Been keeping haste and mastery about the same according to sim. I just seem to get gear that as spirit and crit on it.
    Here r some logs. this weeks ones might be bad just cuz was in a bad mood.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/250887/
    tks for the help

Don't compare simulations. They work for a boss that was in Wotlk.
    And looking at your Malkorok fight, i would not say you did low dps..

Quote Originally Posted by Goblinkong View Post
    Currently raiding normal SoO as ele shammy. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gbutt/advanced
    Am just not happy with my damage on most fights. ive tried all 3 lvl 90 talents. usually use ele blast. Just getting fustrated with my numbers. getting destroyed by a mage whos only 6 ilvls above me. ( my simmed dps was around 234k and his is 308k somehow)
    AM i doing anything wrong. Been keeping haste and mastery about the same according to sim. I just seem to get gear that as spirit and crit on it.
    Here r some logs. this weeks ones might be bad just cuz was in a bad mood.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/250887/

tks for the help
    I think I see what the problem is. You are apparently playing as elemental and then expecting to be par with a mage/lock. Fix that and you're good.

I too think I see what the problem is.

I'm not sure what you meant by you have been keeping haste and mastery about the same according to sim, because I just simmed your armory, and your haste value outweighs your mastery by a fair margin. Which means you have been stacking too much mastery. And, to top it off, your INT value outweighs both your haste and mastery values BY A LOT. Which btw means, you should be putting INT gems in red sockets and, INT and haste gems in yellow sockets.

To put things in a bit more perspective, since the start of T16, mastery is devalued greatly as a result of the loss of T15 4 piece. Stacking mastery is still good, only if you have a decent amount of haste - you have to actually sim yourself to know whether it is decent.

Thanks for the constructive responses. I just resimmed myself since i swapped out the 553 spirit-crit shoulders with flex tier. ( was way over hit cap and those 2 blue sockets werent helping)
    MY results r ( Pawn: v1: "Dingbutt": Intellect=6.75, CritRating=3.17, HasteRating=3.49, MasteryRating=3.55 ) so Normalized int 1.00 ,crit 0.47,haste 0.52, mastery 0.53
    Am i right by gemming full mastery with those results?
    Seems like alot of fights im aoe something so if i remeber right mastery jumps ahead when aoeing?

Thumbs up Good stuff.

Dude you're doing really well. Taking only previous week into account.

Keep up with the SimC but your damage output is pretty nice and you appear to play very well. That Malkorok fight is great. I only spent a little bit of time analysing it but have a crack at this: link

Flame Shock didn't drop once, your opening looks pretty decent (link) overall just a solid fight for you. Keeping up with a mage or lock even if they have a slightly lower iLvl is a good effort, you're catching one HIGHER then you.

I would suggest if you're going to play elemental blast you should be flame shocking multi-targets a bit more for extra lava surge, malkorok is a perfect example of this as a possibility.

You had a silly death on a Nazgrim attempt where you stood inside bladestorm then got backstabbed about three times from an assassin. An avoidable death on Malkorok attempt 1 where you ate too many orbs and stood inside a swirley without a shield/cd.

If you're Simming against pure patchwerk style and zero latency/movement etc. You will be getting different results to reality. Try going against a heltaskelter with 1 boss or light movement with multiple adds (Galakras).

Again, good work - get some more loots (better itemization!) and you'll be laughing.
    Last edited by fearom; 2013-11-14 at 11:55 PM. Reason: added additional flame shock refresh reference - not bad.

I'm all out mastery on my shaman and I can keep up with the rest of the DPS, though on some fights theres just no way :P as long as you do good for your own spec and you're not letting the team down I would not get worried