Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    As opposed to...I dunno...Thrall ?! He is disabled by the archbishop (There is only PAWAH!) in the dragon soul dungeon and the players must kill the archbishop, he is fucked up in the starting event of Firelands and turned into various elementals and needing the player to rescue him, and Garrosh kicks his ass in SoO.
    Thrall sucks too, pretty much all the horde leaders have been getting their arses handed to them in one way or another since the ETC incident caused the torrent of alliance tears to reach critical mass. I honestly can't find myself rooting for any of them, the best is freaking Lor'themar!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Thrall sucks too, pretty much all the horde leaders have been getting their arses handed to them in one way or another since the ETC incident caused the torrent of alliance tears to reach critical mass. I honestly can't find myself rooting for any of them, the best is freaking Lor'themar!
    Because what happened at that Blizzcon was inexcuseable.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yeah, if only these lore characters were all unmitigated badasses and were capable of doing everything themselves, leaving none of the work for the players. Man, I wish Blizzard would get it into their freakin', stupid, idiotic heads that all we want is the chance to kick back and do nothing while the big lore names do all the work for us.

Garrosh should have been killed at the end of SoO and they should have come up with some other reason for the dark portal opening to a different time.

Thank God that at last in books lore fiigures are still the heroes and players characters never made it into the story; in game is kinda immersion breaking looking at all those powerfull characters being disabled by a single kick.
    Btw i think you overvalued taran zhu he was never meant to be a legendary hero like thrall, tirion or malfurion a strong monk yes but not an heavywheight.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Agreed. I made a thread about Taran a while ago, and frankly, he's a character who lives off of the aspect of having done only one or two badass things, but outside of that nothing else he's done is really badass overall.
    So he is Boba Fett?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Think I have to agree this falls under my general label "Blizzard doesn't believe in moderation."

Saurfang got Horde players really pumped up in Classic with essentially one real appearance where he did something.
    His popularity came from him wiping endless alliance raids and that brief period where you could MC him and have him do the same to the horde auction house. He was far and away the most dangerous NPC outside of the raids and him appearing in Sillithus did not make him any more popular.

The issue in Classic was that the racial leaders did basically nothing, you handed in like 2 quests to each of them and that was it. Also, they all looked exactly like level 40ish player characters, top stuff. I like it now that the NPCs actually do things from time to time, would rather see Taran Zhu trying and failing than Sylvanas sitting in Undercity for 4 full years saying "go see Nathanos" 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Taran Zhu is a joke really

1. He can barely handle a few bugs without us
    2. He gets taken over by a Sha and nearly dies
    3. He gets beaten by a Thunder King minion and nearly dies
    4. He gets beaten by Garrosh and nearly dies
    5. He talks BS in order to get custody of Garrosh
    6. He bloody loses Garrosh
    1 and 2 are because of us.
    3 is most likely because he's freaking exhausted from dealing with all the shit we unleashed on Pandaria
    4 what was he supposed to do? Beat Garrosh and the patch is over before it's begun.
    5 How is this bullshit? I might not agree with him, but from his POV he's pretty correct
    6 Time traveling ally trumps a cage.

Listen to this and understand why Taran Zhu is the way he is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_mwpz4RqgM&t=10m56s
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-11-13 at 11:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    1 and 2 are because of us.
    3 is most likely because he's freaking exhausted from dealing with all the shit we unleashed on Pandaria
    4 what was he supposed to do? Beat Garrosh and the patch is over before it's begun.
    5 How is this bullshit? I might not agree with him, but from his POV he's pretty correct
    6 Time traveling ally trumps a cage.
    He didn't seem exhausted ...

Point was he's that guy that always loses but doesn't STFU and accept WE saved his life too

At least Cho wasn't a hypocritical judgmental jerk that kept saying U NO WELCOME HERE U GO NOW...

He didn't seem exhausted ...

Point was he's that guy that always loses but doesn't STFU and accept WE saved his life too

At least Cho wasn't a hypocritical judgmental jerk that kept saying U NO WELCOME HERE U GO NOW...
    Hypocritical? Judgmental? He was RIGHT. Look what happened to Pandaria's Vale thanks to the Horde/Alliance war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Hypocritical? Judgmental? He was RIGHT. Look what happened to Pandaria's Vale thanks to the Horde/Alliance war.
    Yes he was right, but it was inevitable once the mists parted. A minority destroyed the Vale, we fixed it! We also removed the Sha, stopped the Zandalari, and ended the Mogu. If we never visited Pandaria they would all be Thunder King slaves. Also where was Taran Zhu when we were helping heal the Vale

If we did what he said he'd be dead
    Last edited by mmoc1f234b9ee4; 2013-11-13 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes he was right, but it was inevitable once the mists parted. A minority destroyed the Vale, we fixed it! We also removed the Sha, stopped the Zandalari, and ended the Mogu. If we never visited Pandaria they would all be Thunder King slaves. Also where was Taran Zhu when we were helping heal the Vale

If we did what he said he'd be dead
    It doesn't justify the fact he was right. Get over it, Taran'Zhu had every reason to be pissed.

Listen to this and understand why Taran Zhu is the way he is:
    I don't like the guy on a personal level but I can understand why he is so concerned about Pandaria. He has every right to. It's not just some dooker(Lol) coming on his land. He has to deal with stuff that the A&H never dealt with ever. It's a very dangerous force(Sha,Mantid,Mogu etc etc).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-11-13 at 11:59 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah but messing with the elements. He knows he wouldn't be able to win. Garrosh knows it and he's a coward for it. But then again people would whine if Thrall had his powers and that he would be a Mary Sue.
    Wait what ? So using tactic and overcoming strenght of your enemy is cowardince now ? Jezz.

I actually disliked Taran Zhu from the moment I first encountered him, and that dislike only grew stronger as time went on. I like the Shado Pan in general, as a concept, but not him. Pessimistic, preachy, whiny, bossy, etc. I wanted Jaina and Theron to wipe him out when he had the nerve to stand there and give them orders on Thunder Isle, but of course, they caved; more bad writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I actually disliked Taran Zhu from the moment I first encountered him, and that dislike only grew stronger as time went on. I like the Shado Pan in general, as a concept, but not him. Pessimistic, preachy, whiny, bossy, etc. I wanted Jaina and Theron to wipe him out when he had the nerve to stand there and give them orders on Thunder Isle, but of course, they caved; more bad writing.
    Why is it bad writing if you don't like him?

Deleted
    It doesn't justify the fact he was right. Get over it, Taran'Zhu had every reason to be pissed.
    Perhaps he should've tried diplomacy rather than GIT OFF MY LAND! Pandaria was fucked before we came

Because what happened at that Blizzcon was inexcuseable.
    Well, it is, because it was just a song... about a game... by a made up band... at a convention... It really wasn't a big deal.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Well, it is, because it was just a song... about a game... by a made up band... at a convention... It really wasn't a big deal.
    Was this about that song at Blizzcon 2011? That day I realized geeks & nerds apparently lack humour, a dark day indeed

10+ Year Old Account
    Was this about that song at Blizzcon 2011? That day I realized geeks & nerds apparently lack humour, a dark day indeed
    That's not humor. That's downright insulting.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Why is it bad writing if you don't like him?
    Two opposing armies are about to go at it, and one guy yelling at the top of his lungs in a way that would only make someone madder stops them? Yeah right.