Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Two opposing armies are about to go at it, and one guy yelling at the top of his lungs in a way that would only make someone madder stops them? Yeah right.
    No, the fact someone has the balls to stand up to us other then the enemy( Old Gods Legion) doesn't show bad writing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's not humor. That's downright insulting.
    apparently self deprivation humor is missing

It's a game... Finding insult in a comment about a game is worrying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Was this about that song at Blizzcon 2011? That day I realized geeks & nerds apparently lack humour, a dark day indeed
    This was the real reason WoW fell to 7.6 mil subs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, the fact someone has the balls to stand up to us other then the enemy( Old Gods Legion) doesn't show bad writing.
    He didn't though, he yelled, sulked, got himself almost killed 3x and wouldn't eat humble pie

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Thrall sucks too, pretty much all the horde leaders have been getting their arses handed to them in one way or another since the ETC incident caused the torrent of alliance tears to reach critical mass. I honestly can't find myself rooting for any of them, the best is freaking Lor'themar!
    Oh you forgot already the incident in Hyjal during Cata? All the dragon aspects were there, Jaina was there, Thrall and his wife were there, Malfurion and Tyrande were there. They got all disabled by the flame druids. All of the most powerful good characters were all disabled all at once.

If Blizzard wants to, they just made every lore character sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    We all know Cho is a bronze dragon in disguise anyways.

But yes, Taran Zhu is a large pile of fail. He tries to explain the lessons of Pandaria to us, only to not heed those lessons himself and repeatedly getting his ass kicked for it. It's no wonder he became possessed by a Sha, and even after it was defeated, he still held on to those same feelings.
    I would be okay with Cho being a bronze dragon. That would mean we could see him again outside of Pandaria. Won't happen though.

Taran Zhu had a lot of potential, but that potential fell by the wayside. I didn't like him at all when I first started expansion. He grew on me a little, but not all that much. He was portrayed very differently in Shadows of the Horde. He seemed like much more mysterious figure, a lot wiser, but again, his character didn't do too much except talk. His fight with Garrosh in the 5.4 trailer is pretty much all he does in the entire game. Aside from getting his butt kicked on the Isle of Thunder. We did the brunt of the damage on the Sha of….Hate was it? Kinda a disappointing really. Cho was by far a better character….and all he did was talk to you lol! Gogo Jim Cummings!

I agree with most of the stuff said so far. Taran Zhu first seemed to be a great leader, and he was against alliance and horde joining the Vale, because "they" destroyed the land. I thought this was a cool setup if he was a great warrior who knew how to battle Sha, Mantid and so on, but as soon as we got to see him beaten and overcome by a Sha himself, his potential arc just went out the window.

Deleted
    I wouldn't be surprised if Cho becomes a traveler collecting stories - we could see him again

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I agree with most of the stuff said so far. Taran Zhu first seemed to be a great leader, and he was against alliance and horde joining the Vale, because "they" destroyed the land. I thought this was a cool setup if he was a great warrior who knew how to battle Sha, Mantid and so on, but as soon as we got to see him beaten and overcome by a Sha himself, his potential arc just went out the window.
    Saying they is a bit misleading.

It was 100% the Horde, as usual, and as usual the Horde scapegoat somebody despite following their orders the entire time, and afterwards claim innocence

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Saying they is a bit misleading.

It was 100% the Horde, as usual, and as usual the Horde scapegoat somebody despite following their orders the entire time, and afterwards claim innocence
    The Alliance wasn't innocent

Agreed, Taran Zhu has been an awful character all troughout Pandaria. Always had a big mouth to us while we cleared Pandaria and the Thunder King from all evil, even the Sha of Pride who they could never beat. Hope he gets fired after 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well my vote for pandaren ruler goes to Cho anyway. Cho at least never overstepped his ground, and always had a far more positive outlook on things.
    I call him Lo Chorewalker, for obvious reasons. Chen would be a better leader now that the Mists are gone and Pandaria is joining the new world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

He is very very cute,isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    As opposed to...I dunno...Thrall ?! He is disabled by the archbishop (There is only PAWAH!) in the dragon soul dungeon and the players must kill the archbishop, he is fucked up in the starting event of Firelands and turned into various elementals and needing the player to rescue him, and Garrosh kicks his ass in SoO.
    Most of the main characters in WoW lore are terribly written, driven, and/or represented and have almost zero actual development. Due to gameplay restraints and hiring "adequate" contract writers to make the books.

Really the only good ones imo are Uther, Illidan (until BC), Varian, Kael'thas, Durutan, and Arthas (if you can get past the fact he is a straight up rip off of Anakin Skywalker).

Taran Zhu? What's that? Is it like Feng shui?

MOP is not a WoW expansion, it is a copy paste of china.

Quote Originally Posted by demonlock666 View Post
    How did he survive being strangled by a chain, impaled by Gorehowl, then left to die next to an exploding Sha well? I would've thought he died if I didn't saw him alive with a few bandages in the end cinematics later on.
    Yeah, that's what I wonder too. I mean, it kinda cheapens the story and game if they make the cinematics overly dramatic if the events in them don't really matter in the end. Garrosh needed to kick someone's ass but on the other hand Blizzard don't like to kill off characters. I really dislike it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Yeah, that's what I wonder too. I mean, it kinda cheapens the story and game if they make the cinematics overly dramatic if the events in them don't really matter in the end. Garrosh needed to kick someone's ass but on the other hand Blizzard don't like to kill off characters. I really dislike it..

They killed off Arthas, they killed off Nazgrim, they killed off Rhonin and they killed off Krassus. Mal'korok died as well along with loads of orcs. Heck even Gamon doesn't survive the Siege of Orgrimmar. Lots of characters have died off in WoW in totalality.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm shitty personality, all bark and no bite, never did anything to really prove his personal worth?

sounds like Vol;jin

10+ Year Old Account
    By far the best character I have come across Pandaria would be Tong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by liam78 View Post
    Taran Zhu? What's that? Is it like Feng shui?

MOP is not a WoW expansion, it is a copy paste of china.
    Insightful

Here's some shiny epics, go play! The grown ups are talking

I was disappointed Chen wasn't a bigger player