View Poll Results: If you like, through a talent, make permanent the elemental?

Voters
96. This poll is closed
  • Yes

33 34.38%
  • No

53 55.21%
  • Maybe

5 5.21%
  • I don't know

5 5.21%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Optional permanent elemental of fire and earth?

I would like, moving a portion of the dps on elemental, you could put a glyph or talent that would make permanent the elemental (to increase the fun and robustness in PvE solo mode).
    In many games I know, the elemental has a fundamental role to the shaman ... would be totally optional and you can easily just by moving the dps from the player. It would become my favorite class ...

I would not want to use that, pet AI is ALWAYS bad for at least some PvE boss fights - plus it is rather easy to be killed/CCed in PvP.

Also it removes a lot of flavor if our 5 minute CD powerful Fire elem just became a wimpy perma pet that does 5% dps...

Btw, "robustness"? (robustness is defined as "the ability of a system to resist change without adapting its initial stable configuration")?

How the hell does that word fit into what you are talking about?
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-11-13 at 06:13 PM.

The only type of glyph I'd want for Shaman Elementals would be a cosmetic one to randomize their appearance. Something like 3 appearances per elemental/talent version, 12 total. So 3 untalented fire, 3 untalented earth, 3 talented fire, 3 talented earth. No need to even create new art, just use the huge variety of them already in the game.

Oh, and for the talented version of the elementals, give them completely separate action bars so the earth elemental can have it's tanking properties turned off, but the fire elemental doesn't also have half its abilities turned off, and vice versa.

Do those 2 things and I've be content with our elementals.

Eh, I feel there's already enough pet options out there. You'd also still have to tie it into a totem which would limit mobility and become more of a headache than it's worth in many non-raid settings.

That said, the Storm Elemental talent in WoD is what you're talking about. It's possible it becomes a blueprint for more permanent fire/earth elementals in the future.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I would love a talent that make we have permanent elementals
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I would not want to use that, pet AI is ALWAYS bad for at least some PvE boss fights - plus it is rather easy to be killed/CCed in PvP.

Also it removes a lot of flavor if our 5 minute CD powerful Fire elem just became a wimpy perma pet that does 5% dps...

Btw, "robustness"? (robustness is defined as "the ability of a system to resist change without adapting its initial stable configuration")?

How the hell does that word fit into what you are talking about?
    Maybe i've used the wrong word...
    More ability to handle tough situations in solo, aggro ... a little 'how does the void or the turtle

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Eh, I feel there's already enough pet options out there. You'd also still have to tie it into a totem which would limit mobility and become more of a headache than it's worth in many non-raid settings.

That said, the Storm Elemental talent in WoD is what you're talking about. It's possible it becomes a blueprint for more permanent fire/earth elementals in the future.

What's the problem with mobility? Obviously the totem would turn into an elemental that follows the player.
    This talent, might absorb some of the magic power of the shaman (like 20% for example) in a "form of stress" of evocation debuff, and then use it for the elemental dps.
    Last edited by psychok9; 2013-11-14 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psychok9 View Post
    Maybe i've used the wrong word...
    More ability to handle tough situations in solo, aggro ... a little 'how does the void or the turtle
    Yes, when I play my hunter with the turtle, let's say there's lots of fun in trying to solo actual content

What's the problem with mobility? Obviously the totem would turn into an elemental that follows the player.
    This talent, might absorb some of the magic power of the shaman (like 20% for example) in a "form of stress" of evocation debuff, and then use it for the elemental dps.
    It would be cool to have a earth elemental model with the totem encrusted on it's back, and a fire elemental with the totem floating inside it.

Doesn't fit the class lore wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    Yes, when I play my hunter with the turtle, let's say there's lots of fun in trying to solo actual content

It would be cool to have a earth elemental model with the totem encrusted on it's back, and a fire elemental with the totem floating inside it.
    Amazing idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    Lore is not something set in stone, is always changing, and even then, what is it that don't fit the lore about the elemental that already agreed to fight alongside you, to keep fighting the whole fight and not just a fraction off it? You could argue about the power to keep then summoned, but that could very easily with some sort of quest like the warlock's green thing. But I would still prefer a talent, so it became optional, as I understand that some people don't really pets.

Unbind the Elemental's from the Totems and give Enhancement permanent Spirit Wolves would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulBlithe View Post
    Unbind the Elemental's from the Totems and give Enhancement permanent Spirit Wolves would be nice.
    I like your idea....!

I would love them to adds several extra elementals, each with there own functions. Like fire - earth - water - air elementals. Fire does dps. Earth can more or less tank stuff. Water heals us and our allies. And our air elemental shields us from incoming damage.

why? Because i do love having cd's.

I'm not a huge pet class guy, but I would enjoy seeing my Elemental some more :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunda View Post
    I'm not a huge pet class guy, but I would enjoy seeing my Elemental some more :P
    Only optional... for those who love pet elemental, not a choice that radicalize the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    This.
    You cant control a Elemental... you call them for help...it was already said soooooooo many times ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Please no. I like the way my fire ele is a big badass that does real damage. If it was permanent they would make it like searing totem to compensate for uptime. Do younthink searing totem is awesome? Didnth think so

It also doesnt fit the lore. Eles do not serve the way pets and demons do for hunters and warlocks. We ask them for help and the CHOOSE to come to our aid for a short time as the cannot exist on azeroth for long.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Deleted
    Lore is not something set in stone, is always changing, and even then, what is it that don't fit the lore about the elemental that already agreed to fight alongside you, to keep fighting the whole fight and not just a fraction off it? You could argue about the power to keep then summoned, but that could very easily with some sort of quest like the warlock's green thing. But I would still prefer a talent, so it became optional, as I understand that some people don't really pets.
    What is said here.
    Lore, atleast the Shamanistic Lore is getting changed a bit here and there from time to time, this plus the (latest?) Nobundo short story, could open up some kind of new element which either binds the others or allows you to summon other elementals to a greater extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    This.
    You cant control a Elemental... you call them for help...it was already said soooooooo many times ...

this is not at all true, as he does what I say ....

this is not at all true, as he does what I say ....
    Yes but he is only helping you for a short duration, he leaves. You only control the abilities he uses. Now if you're trying to enslave him, that goes against lore. Now if you want to request a permanent alliance, where the elemental agrees to stay in your astral plane for until you no longer need his help, this could be an idea. It would make for an interesting questline.

However you swing it, I wouldn't want to do it. Also, do elementals even have genders?