Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Neat. Wish I knew why that was good.
    Its base speed is actually one of the lowest in the game, I think the only one worse is shuckle

:l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Its base speed is actually one of the lowest in the game, I think the only one worse is shuckle

:l
    *shrug* what then?

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    *shrug* what then?
    Oh I'm just saying don't brag about the speed :P

But 252hp/252/def + calm mind + wish is the most annoying thing in the fucking world and aromatisse pulls it off.

Its like dealing with toxic heal gliscor

Deleted
    Gardevoir.
    A Special Sweeper and a fairy-type pokemon that doesn't suck at that. I think I am gonna kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
    Also, that mega stats + ability. Wow, just wow.
    After I'm done with my Fletchling project (now i keep getting 5IVs ones, but only got 2 females with the desired IVs and everything and not a single male -.-) I will probably switch to Ralts breeding.
    Gonna send a word on the forums when I will start getting somewhat good Ralts and will be able to send some to the others.

Or I could just breed me a Togekiss as my special sweeper fairy and save Mega for Aggron. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Gardevoir.
    A Special Sweeper and a fairy-type pokemon that doesn't suck at that. I think I am gonna kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
    Also, that mega stats + ability. Wow, just wow.
    After I'm done with my Fletchling project (now i keep getting 5IVs ones, but only got 2 females with the desired IVs and everything and not a single male -.-) I will probably switch to Ralts breeding.
    Gonna send a word on the forums when I will start getting somewhat good Ralts and will be able to send some to the others.

Or I could just breed me a Togekiss as my special sweeper fairy and save Mega for Aggron. What do you guys think?
    Unless you can get hyper voice (which you can't till December with pokebank) Mega gardevoirs ability pixilate is shit.

Togekiss is actually inferior to sylveon if you are just looking for a fairy attacks, though if you are looking for type coverage you would want togekiss but togekiss keeps its weakness from flying and gained added weakness of fairy (poison and steel).

If you want mega aggron and a fairy coverage go sylveon
    If you want mega aggron and type coverage go togekiss

If you just want a fairy sweeper go mega gardevoir.

Deleted
    Unless you can get hyper voice (which you can't till December with pokebank) Mega gardevoirs ability pixilate is shit.

Togekiss is actually inferior to sylveon if you are just looking for a fairy attacks, though if you are looking for type coverage you would want togekiss but togekiss keeps its weakness from flying and gained added weakness of fairy (poison and steel).

If you want mega aggron and a fairy coverage go sylveon
    If you want mega aggron and type coverage go togekiss

If you just want a fairy sweeper go mega gardevoir.
    Well, I just realized after going through my hatchery boxes that majority of my bred sweepers are physical and I needed more specials. Also I want to try out fairy type. I have used Togekiss before as a flinch machine and actually liked it, but now I would have to kinda relearn it with it's new type. Not sure about Sylveon yet (quite limited move-pool).
    So I just tried to somehow get both of these done withing a single breeding cycle.

Also imagine MeGardevoir Echoed Voicing whole enemy team down. That would be a prima donna singing last lullabies to her enemies. Would actually fit her new dress.

Deleted
    Well, I just realized after going through my hatchery boxes that majority of my bred sweepers are physical and I needed more specials. Also I want to try out fairy type. I have used Togekiss before as a flinch machine and actually liked it, but now I would have to kinda relearn it with it's new type. Not sure about Sylveon yet (quite limited move-pool).
    So I just tried to somehow get both of these done withing a single breeding cycle.

Also imagine MeGardevoir Echoed Voicing whole enemy team down. That would be a prima donna singing last lullabies to her enemies. Would actually fit her new dress.
    Unfortunately Togekiss learns no good attacking fairy moves beyond Dazzling Gleam which gains no benefit from serene grace either. If only it got moonblast....

Echo voice is pretty shitting on gardevoir, it doesn't have the bulk or speed to live through enough attacks to get it to the point of one shotting people and more then likely they will switch to a steel or poison and you will have to break the chain. Mega gardevoir + hyper voice is the only reason pixilate will be good.

If you want a fairy special attacker you want sylveon or florges. I don't believe togekiss gets moonblast.

Deleted
    Echo voice is pretty shitting on gardevoir, it doesn't have the bulk or speed to live through enough attacks to get it to the point of one shotting people and more then likely they will switch to a steel or poison and you will have to break the chain. Mega gardevoir + hyper voice is the only reason pixilate will be good.

If you want a fairy special attacker you want sylveon or florges. I don't believe togekiss gets moonblast.
    Yeah I know Echoed Voice is not viable, I was just toying around with that idea.
    What I am seeking is a fairy pokemon that is also useful outside of it's fairy domain. Planning to do some 3v3 battles first so I need coverage.
    Sylveon has quite small move-pool.
    I don't like Florges all that much, I think it should be Grass/Fairy.
    Togekiss doesn't learn moonblast which is a shame, however he is useful even without it, just lacks the fairy "punch".
    Hyper Voice would be awesome but I am not sure who would she inherit it from. Also Hyper-Beam on MeGardevoir would pretty much 1hit Ko anything that isn't a special waller. It's base 135 Sp.Def would allow it to survive recharge against poison/ghost (mostly special). The problem would be steel attacks which are mostly physical and her defense is quite lacking. On the bright side there aren't many steel physical sweepers. Yes, I know Scizor exists but every Pokemon has a counter.
    Also, there is always Moonblast when I don't feel like I have to unleash the oblivion on my enemies.

I don't like Florges all that much, I think it should be Grass/Fairy.
    It shouldn't. It can learn grass moves but doesn't get STAB but thats a good thing. Grass/fairy is one of the worst typings period. Whimsicott is forever fucked

Togekiss doesn't learn moonblast which is a shame, however he is useful even without it, just lacks the fairy "punch".
    Aromatisse is good if you don't mind the speed and it gains calm mind so you can pretty much stack HP and def and boost itself with calm mind. Put a quick claw on it and watch it rape everything.

Wigglytuff is good if you can lower one of its stats with charm or something so its sp. att will get a boost clefable is good but it lacks the stats.

So its Togekiss with better coverage with a horrible typing vs sylveon with horrible movepool better typing vs aromatisse with horrible speed vs florges which has a horrible ability vs gardevoir.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are mainly doing 3's dazzling gleam hits every foe. Its just... flying/fairy is pretty bad typing.

Deleted
    It shouldn't. It can learn grass moves but doesn't get STAB but thats a good thing. Grass/fairy is one of the worst typings period. Whimsicott is forever fucked

Aromatisse is good if you don't mind the speed and it gains calm mind so you can pretty much stack HP and def and boost itself with calm mind. Put a quick claw on it and watch it rape everything.

Wigglytuff is good if you can lower one of its stats with charm or something so its sp. att will get a boost clefable is good but it lacks the stats.

So its Togekiss with better coverage with a horrible typing vs sylveon with horrible movepool better typing vs aromatisse with horrible speed vs florges which has a horrible ability vs gardevoir.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are mainly doing 3's dazzling gleam hits every foe. Its just... flying/fairy is pretty bad typing.
    I didn't mean Florges typing meta-wise but visual/concept wise.
    I am not deeming Wigglytuff and Clefable useful. For me they will always remain cute fluffy filler pokemon (no offense to any of their fans). I have considered Aromatisse and Slurpuff but they didn't seem that good. Slurpuff is kind of a jack of all trades with nice hidden ability. Your beloved queen is mix of a waller and special sweeper which is also slow. My MegAggron probably will serve as my passive aggresive waller and 2 slow tanky pokemons are a no-no for me, unless I will use a Trick Room team, which I probably won't. Luckily Gardevoir does not have to use Mega to be useful addition to my team (sure, I will use her Mega sometimes but that will require a new waller).
    So I think my choice is narrowed to:
    Togekiss (good offense, not bad def stats but has 5 weaknesses)
    Florgess (if I will ever get past my disapproval of it's typing)
    Sylveon (pure fairy, bad movepool, least probable of these to get a spot)
    Gardevoir (so far is in my favour, for some reason psychic doesn't have poison resistance which is a little letdown)

The whole thing is about feeling a niche. It's not like it's gonna be my core member from now and forever.

Oh and I meant 1v1 matches but with 3 Pokemon. If it is a possible setting in PvP matches (haven't touched them yet).

Soooo... to my original question. What is my safari?

I didn't mean Florges typing meta-wise but visual/concept wise.
    I am not deeming Wigglytuff and Clefable useful. For me they will always remain cute fluffy filler pokemon (no offense to any of their fans). I have considered Aromatisse and Slurpuff but they didn't seem that good. Slurpuff is kind of a jack of all trades with nice hidden ability. Your beloved queen is mix of a waller and special sweeper which is also slow. My MegAggron probably will serve as my passive aggresive waller and 2 slow tanky pokemons are a no-no for me, unless I will use a Trick Room team, which I probably won't. Luckily Gardevoir does not have to use Mega to be useful addition to my team (sure, I will use her Mega sometimes but that will require a new waller).
    So I think my choice is narrowed to:
    Togekiss (good offense, not bad def stats but has 5 weaknesses)
    Florgess (if I will ever get past my disapproval of it's typing)
    Sylveon (pure fairy, bad movepool, least probable of these to get a spot)
    Gardevoir (so far is in my favour, for some reason psychic doesn't have poison resistance which is a little letdown)

The whole thing is about feeling a niche. It's not like it's gonna be my core member from now and forever.

Oh and I meant 1v1 matches but with 3 Pokemon. If it is a possible setting in PvP matches (haven't touched them yet).
    Oh then regular gardevoir would be better, less weaknesses, better ability's, better coverage.

Anyone available to help me evolve my haunter? I'll give you some pokerus for your assistance! If you haven't been posting here, don't bother because I'm not going to trust you with my haunter.

I got someone, thanks!
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2013-11-16 at 04:14 AM.

is chatot any good as a pokemon?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to nickname a default named Pokemon you get from a trade?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    is chatot any good as a pokemon?
    Frankly, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Anyone available to help me evolve my haunter? I'll give you some pokerus for your assistance! If you haven't been posting here, don't bother because I'm not going to trust you with my haunter.

I got someone, thanks!
    If you need any other to trade-evolve in the future poke me, it's true pain with those evolve mechanics :<

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Frankly, no.
    well... a shinies still a shiny i guess
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I miss the gen2 days where breeding for shinies was 1/64 chance. ^^