Thread: What if...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    yea but blizzard truley caters to these turdbags n will say the same thing they say pvp happened on a pvp server......no bullshit happened on a CRZ server

oh cause i forgot the countless forum posts are "my own personal experience" im sorry i made those thousands of threads on my 5-1200 wow accounts
    Looks like you have some more reading to do, https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/bandwagon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger78 View Post
    My bad. Crappy browser at work makes me sad panda.
    But it's not ganking man. A 90 vs 90 is a fair fight. Getting the drop on someone is just the nature of things. Battles aren't fought only when both sides are ready.
    But there is a difference between getting the drop on someone and attacking them while they are fighting a group of mobs and they have like 30% HP.

My bad. Crappy browser at work makes me sad panda.
    But it's not ganking man. A 90 vs 90 is a fair fight. Getting the drop on someone is just the nature of things. Battles aren't fought only when both sides are ready.
    Ganking means multiple things. look at the word "right" It can mean a direction or correct/true

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    But there is a difference between getting the drop on someone and attacking them while they are fighting a group of mobs and they have like 30% HP.
    In the sense of the game there is not. From the games perspective there is a war going on you are trying to kill each other. The orcs killed your families and destroyed your farms, you arn't going to just sit there and be like "i want to get revenge...but he looks kinda busy right now...". PvP servers emphasize the war aspect of the game. I'm not too fond of this cliche but it honestly fits the current situation, if you don't want to risk the chance of dieing at the hands of the opposite faction then rethink your server choice.
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-11-15 at 08:18 PM.

True there. But you can't really use one word to cover every instance I guess. In the case you bring up yeah that could be classified as ganking. But I don't see if one level 90 is standing around doing nothing and another gets the drop on him and kills him that not ganking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    In the sense of the game there is not. From the games perspective there is a war going on you are trying to kill each other. The orcs killed your families and destroyed your farms, you arn't going to just sit there and be like "i want to get revenge...but he looks kinda busy right now..."
    And it's not the game that decides what classifies as ganking and what doesn't, it's the players.

From the community's standpoint attacking someone who's at low hp and fighting mobs are considered ganking. Doesn't matter if he/she is the same lvl as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    PvP servers emphasize the war aspect of the game. I'm not too fond of this cliche but it honestly fits the current situation, if you don't want to risk the chance of dieing at the hands of the opposite faction then rethink your server choice.
    And I have no problems with that since I've played on a pvp server since day 1 of vanilla. But I'm not kidding myself into believing that I'm not ganking people when I attack them while they are fighting a group of mobs.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-11-15 at 08:22 PM.

True there. But you can't really use one word to cover every instance I guess. In the case you bring up yeah that could be classified as ganking. But I don't see if one level 90 is standing around doing nothing and another gets the drop on him and kills him that not ganking.
    Thats completely fine if you don't feel its ganking in the sense of the word but the definition does cover it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    And it's no the game that decides what classifies as ganking and what doesn't, it's the players.

From the community's standpoint attacking someone who's at low hp and fighting mobs are considered ganking. Doesn't matter if he/she is the same lvl as you.

And I have no problems with that since I've played on a pvp server since day 1 of vanilla. But I'm not kidding myself into believing that I'm not ganking people when I attack them while they are fighting a group of mobs.
    I don't disagree thats not ganking, ambushing someone in a crowd is also ganking.