Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

What if the legendary quest required gold in challenge mode?

Yeah let's ask ourselves something. Legendary has to mean something. Would it be a good idea to require 9/9 gold ? Personnaly I think so.

Afking in LFR requires no skill, whereas getting 9/9 gold means you kinda know how to play. The casual excuse doesnt matter : you dont need time, hell you dont even need gear.

I always found the challenge mode rewards highly lackluster. I think gating the legendary quest to them would be a good idea. The bads wont have a legendary, at least

Cm's mean nothing

./thread?
    Casuals would have a harder time to get CM's compared to raids anyhow, or id assume so.
    And bad players still would get it due to carries.

Deleted
    All that would do is make the legendary cost 150k. Even less, considering that even 'bads' can do some of the golds. The rest you just buy. And if you dont have gold, way too many people are selling CMboosts for real money.

So no, gating legendary behind 9/9 gold would be stupid. No need to make the boosts more of a problem than they already are by attaching something actually useful to them.

This is just another thinly veiled attempt to dump on people who don't live up to your imaginary standards.

The correct answer that it's a lousy idea and doesn't at all fit in with Blizzard's aims.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Pfft! All the best legendary stuff randomly dropped from bosses! That required real skill!
    more skill than afking in LFR tho
    and also a lot more luck (which is tied to the legendary idea)

Deleted
    Ah, you're one of those people that think every one of the 25 people in a LFR run are all AFK, right?

I'm just gonna end this conversation before it starts. It's a rather pointless one.
    I think LFRer dont deserve a legendary. Actually I think normal raiders also dont deserve it. Thus that's why gold challenge should be a good idea, as it requires in my opinion the same skill required for heroic mode raids

Deleted
    I can't say I've done much in terms of Challenge Modes since they don't really interest me but I've had people tell me they can be zerged if done right. If that's true, I fail to see where the skill requirement is :S I'm not saying they require no skill, it's only what I've been told.
    For them to be zerged you need to have
    - a good tank
    - a good healer
    - at least 2 good damage dealers, can be doable with a 3rd not very good damage dealer

Or else you wont zerg anything and wipe at the first pull

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    I think LFRer dont deserve a legendary. Actually I think normal raiders also dont deserve it. Thus that's why gold challenge should be a good idea, as it requires in my opinion the same skill required for heroic mode raids
    The only opinion that matters is that of Blizzard. And they disagree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just gonna end this conversation before it starts. It's a rather pointless one.
    It is absolutely pointless. Some guy on MMO-C thinks they know better than Blizzard does and is treating us to what amounts to yet another thread proposing that people be excluded. Same crap, different day.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    The only opinion that matters is that of Blizzard. And they disagree with you.
    what's your excuse for not completing gold CMs ? It doesnt take time or gear. Only skill.

more skill than afking in LFR tho
    and also a lot more luck (which is tied to the legendary idea)
    AFK'ing in LFR or not - with the absolute best luck, the legendary cloak still requires about 8-12 weeks of time investment.

Most non-MMO games these days are completed in less than 2 weeks of the playtime required to deal with farming the legendary cloak stuff.

what's your excuse for not completing gold CMs ? It doesnt take time or gear. Only skill.
    Are we going to pretend it takes skill..?
    serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never understood why someone cares about the gear someone that don't play with has? Worry about yourself and the group you raid with, and stop getting so butt hurt over what other people have.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Wouldnt bother me and no I have not obtained gold. To my disappointment challenge modes got bring quickly in part due to the dungeons being shitty themselves. ZA mount runs was far more fun and challenging IMO. I also get a smug look on my face when I out perform someone playing the same spec as me while they have the legendary even even better gear overall. Doesnt really take much skill to raid, now Mario on the other hand kicks my ass.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-11-15 at 10:27 PM.

It's a necessary piece of gear for this expansion. It's not a "legendary" in the same way that Rag's hammer or Thunderfury were. This is a piece of gear required to unlock one of the last weekly bosses in the expansion.

Plus, it's proc is not shabby - at least for some classes.

If the cloak wasn't required to access Ordos - I'd say it's completely optional. It's not though, so it is a "key" to unlock some restricted content. If the pieces didn't drop in LFR for the cloak, almost no one would be able to field a pug to kill the boss.

The potential for buying your way threw is really high, so I would personally say, no sir.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if the legendary quest requires gold in at least one of the proving grounds? :P It kind of does in a way, you need to do a similar challenge in the celestial trial...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Are we going to pretend it takes skill..?
    serious?
    show me your achieve then?

let's put 5 randoms LFR heroes in a challenge mode and let's see if they clear it even on bronze?

I was thinking getting gold rank in Proving Grounds, but dear god no on gold rank in challenge modes? Completing challenge modes, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    show me your achieve then?

let's put 5 randoms LFR heroes in a challenge mode and let's see if they clear it even on bronze?
    Let's put of those "skilled" players in proving grounds and see how well they do. It takes more skill to do something solo than having 4 people to help you, as your allies skills cover your weaknesses and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    It's a necessary piece of gear for this expansion. It's not a "legendary" in the same way that Rag's hammer or Thunderfury were. This is a piece of gear required to unlock one of the last weekly bosses in the expansion.

Plus, it's proc is not shabby - at least for some classes.

If the cloak wasn't required to access Ordos - I'd say it's completely optional. It's not though, so it is a "key" to unlock some restricted content. If the pieces didn't drop in LFR for the cloak, almost no one would be able to field a pug to kill the boss.
    It really was just designed an expansion long quest as many have asked for in expansions prior and made to reward a legendary to keep players subscribed which apparently didnt do so at least with the last community provided data on completion rates along with Blizzards intent to go back to raiding tier focused legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Let's put of those "skilled" players in proving grounds and see how well they do. It takes more skill to do something solo than having 4 people to help you, as your allies skills cover your weaknesses and vice versa.
    If I recall there was players recently banned for carrying players for realm money. Not sure of the skills of the carry but it was apparently at a level to warrant paying real money.