Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    ok So I found what I was looking for a few days ago (a quick way to swap out talents between pulls while out of combat between either SW or DP and vice versa) However I'm noticing something with the macro that I've yet to be able to fix. The odd thing is that it's eating Tomes (not that they cost a lot) like it's going out of style. 1 click and it eats up 2 Tomes but does not learn the talent so I have to click it again. Now this would not be an issue if it was not for the fact that it should only use 1 Tome to unlearn the talent and learn the other one which if you open the Talent frame is exactly what happens. Wondering if anyone could give some insight as to how to either fix this or stop it from happening. Both macro's are below.

/click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsTalentRow5Talent2 RightButton
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsTalentRow5Talent3
    /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsLearnButton

/click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsTalentRow5Talent3 RightButton
    /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsTalentRow5Talent2
    /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsLearnButton

I'm struggling with this damn macro...
    #showtooltip
    /cast [spec:1]Penance; Circle of Healing

I wanted this macro to be able to penance a friendly on mouse over, penance an enemy on mouse over, and when I'm holy just to use circle of healing. Is it possible to have this as one macro? I'm also trying to use it in vuhdo, so I figured it'd automatically mouse over for me but apparently not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    I'm struggling with this damn macro...
    #showtooltip
    /cast [spec:1]Penance; Circle of Healing

I wanted this macro to be able to penance a friendly on mouse over, penance an enemy on mouse over, and when I'm holy just to use circle of healing. Is it possible to have this as one macro? I'm also trying to use it in vuhdo, so I figured it'd automatically mouse over for me but apparently not.
    I believe what you want is:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [spec:2] Circle of Healing; [spec:1, @mouseover, exists][] Penance

That should, in spec 1, cast Penance at your mouseover, enemy or friend, and if none exists, cast Penance on your target. In spec 2 it will just cast CoH.

Edit: I think the original one I posted may have caused some problems, but that one is cleaner and should work.
    Last edited by Rarch; 2013-10-26 at 10:00 PM.

Hi!

I'm looking for a macro that will cast Searing Totem/Magma Totem unless I have my Fire Elemental Totem up, in which case it should do nothing (to avoid being a retard and losing out on my Fire Elemental). Any tips?

You can only do this if you're using the Primal Elementalist talent. The macro would be:

Code:
    /cast [nopet:Primal Fire Elemental] Searing Totem

You can just duplicate it in another macro for Magma Totem, or use a [mod:x] or whatever you want with that, but it will only work with the talent selected. Reason being, non-Primal Elementals are not considered pets, and therefore there's no way for a macro to check it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    You can only do this if you're using the Primal Elementalist talent. The macro would be:

Code:
    /cast [nopet:Primal Fire Elemental] Searing Totem

You can just duplicate it in another macro for Magma Totem, or use a [mod:x] or whatever you want with that, but it will only work with the talent selected. Reason being, non-Primal Elementals are not considered pets, and therefore there's no way for a macro to check it.
    That's too bad. Thanks for the help though.

Hello everybody!

Just started playing my (resto) druid and would like to have a macro for nature's swiftness. What this macro should do is cast nature's swiftness and then i.e. healing touch and when modified with shift it should only cast healing touch without nature's swiftness.

If anybody has a good source of druid macros in general (especially for resto pvp) I would also be very grateful.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by -Makz- View Post
    Just started playing my (resto) druid and would like to have a macro for nature's swiftness. What this macro should do is cast nature's swiftness and then i.e. healing touch and when modified with shift it should only cast healing touch without nature's swiftness.
    I'm assuming you are casting at your actual target. To answer your question:

#showtooltip [mod:shift] Healing Touch; Nature's Swiftness
    /use [mod:shift] Healing Touch
    /use [nomod] Nature's Swiftness
    /use Healing Touch
    /use 1

If you shift click this with a harmful target, nothing will happen. If you just left click with a harmful target, Nature's Swiftness will cast but no Healing Touch and no glowing hand. Macro works as advertised with a friendly target. One error sound on regular HT cast.

If you delete the "/use 1" line, friendly targets still work, but if you EITHER left OR shift click with a harmful target, you will get a glowing hand queue for a NS+HT, which will just fire HT if NS is on cooldown. Error speech and messages. This is quirky but more useful imo. Try both, its just 6 characters lol

TBH, both mouseover macros and clickcasting eliminate the need to switch targets to heal the group, giving a you the competitive advantage of keeping enemies targeted and CC'd while you click/mouseover raid frames, and it's one less button to push for every cast. Clickcasting in particular is nice since binding spells to shift/cntrl/alt to mouse buttons 1/2/3/4/5 frees up 15 actionbar slots and/or keybinds.

If you're switching friendly targets because your raid frames don't have the info you need, it's time to go addon shopping - google "best healer raid frames." Be careful with the healer package addons Healbot and Vuhdo - they come with their own clickcasting and more crap you don't need. Clique for clickcasting, your favorite unitframes addon, and some cooldown tracking (coolline is the lightest no nonsenseone I know). Sorry sometimes I dont know when to shut up lol
    Last edited by Corncob; 2013-11-07 at 02:30 PM. Reason: slop

Quote Originally Posted by Corncob View Post

/use Healing Touch
    /use 1

If you shift click this with a harmful target, nothing will happen. If you just left click with a harmful target, Nature's Swiftness will cast but no Healing Touch and no glowing hand. Macro works as advertised with a friendly target. One error sound on regular HT cast.

If you delete the "/use 1" line, friendly targets still work, but if you EITHER left OR shift click with a harmful target, you will get a glowing hand queue for a NS+HT, which will just fire HT if NS is on cooldown. Error speech and messages. This is quirky but more useful imo. Try both, its just 6 characters lol

TBH, both mouseover macros and clickcasting eliminate the need to switch targets to heal the group, giving a you the competitive advantage of keeping enemies targeted and CC'd while you click/mouseover raid frames, and it's one less button to push for every cast. Clickcasting in particular is nice since binding spells to shift/cntrl/alt to mouse buttons 1/2/3/4/5 frees up 15 actionbar slots and/or keybinds.

If you're targetting because your raid frames don't have the info you need, it's time to go addon shopping lol
    Thanks Corncob!
    Will also make it a mousover macro. Just wanted to have one button for healing touch and healing touch with nature's swiftness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corncob View Post

/use Healing Touch
    /use 1
    Why not just (included mouseover functionality as well)
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod:shift] Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][help, nodead] Healing Touch
    ?
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2013-11-08 at 11:27 AM.

Brilliant! As a Clique user it never really occurred to me to combine them XD

Ok, so is it allowed to have a macro that I can use to hit over and over thatll use my spell that is highest up in the prioirty rotation I set and is off cd? So say I have a list of three spells in order. Itll use spell A instead of B,C if they are all off cd. Itll use spell B if its off cd and A is not, but C is also off cd. If it is allowed, can anyone tell me a good macro set up for it? I tank so I want to clear up my action bars of at least the dps spells if I could so I could easily hit 1 button so I can focus more on my defensive cds. That way I can keybind them to keys I can more easily reach.

Currently using this macro to Powershift on my Druid:

#showtooltip
    /cast [swimming] !Aquatic Form; [stance:1] !Bear Form; [stance:3] !Cat Form; [stance:6] !Moonkin Form; [stance:7] !Swift Flight Form; [nostance , nocombat, noswimming, flyable][stance:7] !Swift Flight Form; !Travel Form

It will re-cast the same form you are in for all forms, will cast appropriate travel forms for flyable, non-flyable and swimming environments. I would also like it to cast cat form for areas where travel forms are not allowed like indoors but as always keep the functionality of not over-righting an existing form ( when outside in Pandaria and out of combat, if im already in Moonkin form it won't over-right it with flight form, only when in caster form it will be casted.

tl;dr : I want it to cast Cat form indoors without breaking the rest of the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Currently using this macro to Powershift on my Druid:

#showtooltip
    /cast [swimming] !Aquatic Form; [stance:1] !Bear Form; [stance:3] !Cat Form; [stance:6] !Moonkin Form; [stance:7] !Swift Flight Form; [nostance , nocombat, noswimming, flyable][stance:7] !Swift Flight Form; !Travel Form

It will re-cast the same form you are in for all forms, will cast appropriate travel forms for flyable, non-flyable and swimming environments. I would also like it to cast cat form for areas where travel forms are not allowed like indoors but as always keep the functionality of not over-righting an existing form ( when outside in Pandaria and out of combat, if im already in Moonkin form it won't over-right it with flight form, only when in caster form it will be casted.

tl;dr : I want it to cast Cat form indoors without breaking the rest of the addon.
    Code:
    /cast [swimming] !Aquatic Form; [stance:1] !Bear Form;  [stance:3] !Cat  Form; [stance:6] !Moonkin Form; [stance:7] !Swift Flight Form; [nostance  , nocombat, noswimming, flyable][stance:7] !Swift Flight Form; [outdoors]!Travel  Form; !Cat Form
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    Code:
    /cast [swimming] !Aquatic Form; [stance:1] !Bear Form;  [stance:3] !Cat  Form; [stance:6] !Moonkin Form; [stance:7] !Swift Flight Form; [nostance  , nocombat, noswimming, flyable][stance:7] !Swift Flight Form; [outdoors]!Travel  Form; !Cat Form
    ?
    Thanks for the answer but that breaks part of the macro.

I came up with

/cast [indoors, noform] Cat Form; [swimming] !Aquatic Form; [stance:1] !Bear Form; [stance:3] !Cat Form; [stance:6] !Moonkin Form; [stance:7] !Swift Flight Form; [nostance, nocombat, noswimming, flyable][stance:7] !Swift Flight Form; !Travel Form
    I removed showtooltip like you did to get space (>.< thanks for that too) and added /cast [indoors, noform] Cat Form; . It works exactly as I want it with the only issue that if I spam it in Bear form and catches a GCD it will put me in cat form, while if I spam it in Moonkin for it never breaks even on GCD. Any ideas why is that?

That's bad if I want to powershift as Bear in a raid...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    It works exactly as I want it with the only issue that if I spam it in Bear form and catches a GCD it will put me in cat form, while if I spam it in Moonkin for it never breaks even on GCD. Any ideas why is that?
    FWIW, YayMounts has excellent Druid form support. I haven't had a shapeshift macro since TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Ok, so is it allowed to have a macro that I can use to hit over and over thatll use my spell that is highest up in the prioirty rotation I set and is off cd? So say I have a list of three spells in order. Itll use spell A instead of B,C if they are all off cd. Itll use spell B if its off cd and A is not, but C is also off cd. If it is allowed, can anyone tell me a good macro set up for it? I tank so I want to clear up my action bars of at least the dps spells if I could so I could easily hit 1 button so I can focus more on my defensive cds. That way I can keybind them to keys I can more easily reach.
    Nope, not possible. That would be the game playing for you and would facilitate botting. Casting priorities/detecting an ability off cooldown is not possible through a macro.

First, Excuse me if this has been asked and answered before.

Is there a way to skip a entry in a macro if that entry is on CD?

Example ;
    /castsequence reset=target Hand of Gul'dan, Corruption, Dark Soul: Knowledge, Hand of Gul'dan, Gloves of the Horned Nightmare, Metamorphosis, Doom, Doom, Grimoire: Felguard, Felstorm
    /petattack

Is it possible to make it skip using Gloves of the Horned Nightmare (Synapse Springs) if it's on CD?!

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
    First, Excuse me if this has been asked and answered before.

Is there a way to skip a entry in a macro if that entry is on CD?

Example ;
    /castsequence reset=target Hand of Gul'dan, Corruption, Dark Soul: Knowledge, Hand of Gul'dan, Gloves of the Horned Nightmare, Metamorphosis, Doom, Doom, Grimoire: Felguard, Felstorm
    /petattack

Is it possible to make it skip using Gloves of the Horned Nightmare (Synapse Springs) if it's on CD?!

No, macros can't check for CD's, but I'm fairly certain it's off the GCD, so you could just separate it from the rest.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=target Hand of Gul'dan, Corruption, Dark Soul: Knowledge, Hand of Gul'dan, Metamorphosis, Doom, Doom, Grimoire: Felguard, Felstorm
    /use Gloves of the Horned Nightmare
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /petattack

That should do what you're looking for. It'll try to use the Gloves every time you press the macro, so "/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()" should prevent you from getting that red text spamming your screen while using this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    No, macros can't check for CD's, but I'm fairly certain it's off the GCD, so you could just separate it from the rest.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=target Hand of Gul'dan, Corruption, Dark Soul: Knowledge, Hand of Gul'dan, Metamorphosis, Doom, Doom, Grimoire: Felguard, Felstorm
    /use Gloves of the Horned Nightmare
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /petattack

That should do what you're looking for. It'll try to use the Gloves every time you press the macro, so "/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()" should prevent you from getting that red text spamming your screen while using this.
    That worked just as well ! Thank you kind sir!