View Poll Results: Is the removal of reforging good to you as a pvper?

Voters
113. This poll is closed
  • Yes

71 62.83%
  • No

42 37.17%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

The removal of reforging.

So in warlords of Draenor, reforging will be removed from the game.

This removes the stat stacking that is common in pvp. Some players reforge as much of one stat in to mastery , haste or crit etc. Now some of that is going to be taken away from those players.
    On the other hand you'll only have to think about gems and enchants.
    What are you thoughts?
    Last edited by Joycemiester; 2013-11-16 at 05:34 PM.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

I dont like it as a mage it gets nearly impossible to switch between arcane / fire if you cant reforge. unless you have 2 sets of gear in your bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    I dont like it as a mage it gets nearly impossible to switch between arcane / fire if you cant reforge. unless you have 2 sets of gear in your bags.
    I see you did not even bother to read the patch notes yes?
    Armor will no longer have stat on it. It will appear as soon as you equip it a certain specialization. Say you will get mastery in Arcane and crit on Fire ( assuming that these are your major stats in that spec).

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    Armor will no longer have stat on it. It will appear as soon as you equip it a certain specialization. Say you will get mastery in Arcane and crit on Fire ( assuming that these are your major stats in that spec).
    Ive understood that was for hybrids and main stats only. they even said it like that on blizzcon panel.

besides there is no patch notes for 6.0 so i would like to see them too.
    Last edited by Arcrin; 2013-11-16 at 08:11 PM.

Well, only "armor" trinkets, weapons necklaces and rings, so it's still 1 ½ armor set to get, but yeah it will be easier that is true.

Deleted
    I'm all in for the change. It gets kinda pricy everytime you upgrade your gear that has for example too much expertise or hit, then gotta reforge everything else. Both pvp and pve.

I think removing reforging now is actually somewhat retarded. Let me explain. They said the intended use was for players to customize to their playstyle through haste/crit/mastery or whatever. What it turned into was hitting certain breakpoints/hit/expertise caps. Well they removed dot snapshotting and hit/expertise requirements. That means reforging would then function the way they intended it to but now they're removing it. Basically they fixed the problem then tossed the system for no reason whatsoever. Hello?

Much better for the game overall in my opinion. It's so hard juggling hit caps, expertise caps, soft haste caps etc every time you upgrade a singular piece of gear. Although as Turkey One said they are removing hit and expertise.

I get what Arcrin is saying, too, but inside Trial of the Gladiator you can buy as many gear sets as you want, so doing competitive Arena as different specs shouldn't be an issue. It reduces the amount of time you'll need to set up your character in TotG too. If you want two different gear sets of World PVP or BGs then just level two different mages... or insta-boost one to 90 in WoD.

Deleted
    The removal of hit can only be a good thing, however I'm not looking forward to having stats on my gear that I just don't care about. I'm expecting to see my Arms gear overrun with Haste and Expertise, which sadly I won't be able to get rid of any more.

I think this is a horrible change...
    Nowadays, when I get an item that doesn't have BiS stats on it, I can reforge it to be an upgrade, but still alittle sub-par to the actual BiS item..
    Now, alot more items are gonna be a questionable upgrade, even if they are of slighlty higher item level.. will take alot more waiting time to get that really good piece, there will no longer be a transitional piece at times, something you can settle for till you get that item etc.

In addition, only main stats will shift (agi / str / int) for hybrids, secondary stats such as crit / haste / mastery will not change according to specc, making it a hellish nightmare for transitioning... practically, a living hell for an Elemental shaman trying to have good stats for his Resto OS...
    Blizz are being nasty with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikita View Post
    The removal of hit can only be a good thing, however I'm not looking forward to having stats on my gear that I just don't care about. I'm expecting to see my Arms gear overrun with Haste and Expertise, which sadly I won't be able to get rid of any more.
    I think they are supposed to be getting rid of hit and expertise, they also said gear will change stats depending on the spec you are in. It isnt completely finished yet but i think this will be all a good thing in general, we will see when the beta hits and we can try it all out tho i guess. I am only concerned about one thing really, usually in beta you can judge how the changes work via your dps and things like that but they are doing the item squish at the same time so its gonna be hard to determine whether its bad or not imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I'm all in for the change. It gets kinda pricy everytime you upgrade your gear that has for example too much expertise or hit, then gotta reforge everything else. Both pvp and pve.
    ...they're removing hit and expertise, making that point a non-issue
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Incorrect. You are wrong. Your butt-crack developed vocal cords.

As a Ret. Paladin, for example, my gear will have Strength on it. When I swap into my Holy off-spec, that Strength (a primary stat) will become Intellect instead. Secondary stats like Crit, Haste, and Mastery will remain as they were.

I'll still need to carry multiple gear sets for, say, a Haste build or Mastery build or whatever my spec demands, and so will any pure DPS class.

10+ Year Old Account
    What im worried is we're gonna have 3 secondary stats now. We need more.

Looking forward to pvp gear full of Mastery for my MM hunter.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that will remove some dillema questions for arena but on the other hand, this will remove diversity moment from pvp gearing up making it 2 ways only, for example me as uhdk I maximize crit on my pvp gear and I like it, so reforge absence will force me to play (If I still play wow) with less variable gear set(s)...well...isn't dissapointing but I don't like this change
    Last edited by Evida; 2013-11-17 at 04:04 PM.

That's wrong. Only primary stats will change based on your spec. You won't have any control whether Crit/mastery/haste are on the gear.

Deleted
    Yes, it will tone down the arms race somewhat.

Deleted
    I dont like the removing of reforge its was only annoying cos of hit and expertise and with those gone i dont see a reason to remove reforge

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    but why should blizz predetermine which secondary stat is best for a spec? no1 saw it coming that haste was best stat for prot pallys at a certain break point.

to op, we got by without it for 8 seasons before, i think we'll manage.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.