Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Best news I've read all day.

My Kodo is pleased
    There are so many cool ground mounts that will be appreciated during 6.0. I'm happy they plan on making no flying for all future current content. Even happier that some plan on unsubbing because they can't fly.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I've busted my ass off to advance my career to the point of being able to live comfortably.

I do my own yard work.

When a friend or relative needs my help I jump to the task.

I cook real meals instead of living off of energy drinks and take out.

I have a gardening/horticulture hobby that I like to keep with.

And with what little time left, if I'm going to spend it on WoW, I need to be able to have fun.

If somebody who actually knew me were to come up to my face and called me lazy, I would laugh. Because it would probably be a joke.

No flying til 6.1 might not be a game changer for somebody who puts as much "effort" into WoW (a game. An elective form of entertainment) as I put into my life in general. But for me it would be a game changer.
    That's what they all say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Or maybe you get your head out of your ass and realize an MMORPG shouldn't have you choosing between being successful in an MMO and playing an RPG. Immersion shouldn't harm your progression.
    If everyone can fly, it doesn't

I dont care how others play the game,
    That clearly isn't true

I just want to be able to function at normal efficiency while being immersed. Flying makes that impossible since it is an advantage in every single way.
    I could ask who you're competing with so vehemently and for what, but frankly, the game was plenty "immersive" when flying was allowed.

...as in every point from Burning Crusade till now.

Unless you for some reason started hating the game in Burning Crusade, in which case I wonder why you continue to play. Especially when so many people like flying mounts.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-11-17 at 12:52 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    He's far from correct. It took months to collect even 1/2 a tier set. People wiped MONTHS on a single boss in a raid versus now maybe what 2 weeks tops?? People had to travel to the portals to get in a dungeon unlike now. when you prepared for raids you had to farm: Flask, stam elixer, strenght elixer (or agility or int ect), spirit elixer, (some classes like hunters and shaman needed int and regen spirit AND agi) and spend hours in felwood getting snapdragons and that other plant (one game health back like a healht pot, the other gave mana) AND health/rage/mana potions (or thisel tea for rogues) and then let's talk about the pvp gear. you had to have a group to achieve anything in the highest 2 ranks (you could attain the 3rd highest rank but it took alot of hours a week to get there. along the lines of 20+)

leveling a character took at first 30ish days maybe 20 .. (later on once people figured out the flow and could do it in 2 weeks. it wasn't untill bc/wotlk that people could start hitting max level in a few days.) Add in 4 hrs a night raiding 5 days a week to be able to clear raid level content before it was outdated PLUS 5 or 6 hrs on off nights to get your farming for raid supplies / repair money. yea you're topping 20-30 hrs a week. THAT IS NOT CASUAL BY A LONG SHOT.

now the casuals had their ubrs/lbrs stratholme, scholo and zg to play with but on average they never saw a full set of epics unless they paid a guild to carry them through it.

i'm sorry but vanilla being casual friendly is like saying 90% of the player base cleared 40man naxxaramas during vanilla when it came out .. a joke at best.
    Read what was stated before posting. No one said it wasn't more time consuming in vanilla than it is today.

What you say here is all true - but the argument is that this was still casual compared to the market at the time. Thus WoW was still the casual mmo in vanilla.

It has always been a casual mmo - the degrees in which it has made life more convenient have increased over time, but you can't argue that it wasn't super casual compared to Everquest of Ultima and thus a casual mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    Read what was stated before posting. No one said it wasn't more time consuming in vanilla than it is today.

What you say here is all true - but the argument is that this was still casual compared to the market at the time. Thus WoW was still the casual mmo in vanilla.

It has always been a casual mmo - the degrees in which it has made life more convenient have increased over time, but you can't argue that it wasn't super casual compared to Everquest of Ultima and thus a casual mmo.
    exactly. it was the most casual MMO on the market compared to the others but to those who only played WoW it felt hardcore.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Looking pretty bleak for this xpac already, this policy is completely anti alts, and like someone said earlier, alts keeps people going longer O.O is this measure trying to cater to you "no flying mounts" fanboys =/

Add Skettis birds to the air. Those things made me fear the air in skettis..... the memories of SQUAWK TWEET DEAD.

Deleted
    Blizzard lazy way of artificially extending the content, nothing new here.
    If you don't like it, unsub.
    This game is an empty shell at this point.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If people hate flying so much, why do they buy it every expansion? They are welcome not to train it and use flightpoints... but they don't

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has constantly make everything more and more convenient over the years:

Mount (yes, even ground mount)
    Fly Mounts
    Portals
    LFD
    LFR
    Flex mode

Just a bit weird that they suddenly take a step back that's all. About the "need to stop flying in order for them to create a questing experience they visioned", how about build in the idea "people can fly" in the vision and build the questing experience with that in mind?

Oh well just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jighen View Post
    Looking pretty bleak for this xpac already, this policy is completely anti alts, and like someone said earlier, alts keeps people going longer O.O is this measure trying to cater to you "no flying mounts" fanboys =/
    i said that. alts keep people sub longer. alts are useful for raids. example changing to an alt for another role because someone couldnt make to the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Indeed. I'm convinced half of the vanilla crowd in here never touched it.
    At the time vanilla was beyond casual to the big MMO of the time Everquest. However, the difficulty of WoW in vanilla was much larger than Everquest. Everquest was simply an unbelievable drain on time with very harsh penalties for death and travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jighen View Post
    Once again, this is an assumption; nowhere(that I have seen), does it say this must be done on every single character. There is no point is assuming this, since they could easily have it apply to all characters once it is done on one character. Wait for more details before judging it.

Another reason to be against this: We have no idea when 6.1 will come out. Even if they announced a time frame something could delay it or they could purposely delay it to make it "more fun." So a two month wait could turn into an eight month wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    seeing as blizzard stated that only 1% of the player ever seeing raids/end game content was a bad idea and wrong. they made it so everyone can see it, because alot of the hard work goes into raids. they want people to see that hard work. that was why LFR was brought in then flex but that another topic.
    It was a good idea to make the encounters that difficult. The only thing that prevented the 99% from seeing the higher raids was their own ineptitude. Even then I'm not sure what the actual numbers are for people who never reached max level. I think adding hardmode was a little too extreme, and that the Vanilla/BC model was best for raiding. It makes the game last a lot longer if people are working on different content at different times. Some people made it into Black Temple during the end of TBC which is fine, because when they got to see the content it was well earned. I was in a guild on an alt that killed Lady Vashj for the first time a year and a half after SSC came out and vent exploded with delight at the accomplishment. Raiding is handed out and content is consumed far too fast in wows current model. A few things were over the top back then, like having to constantly recruit new players and attune them to BT. However, now that guild achievements exist a lot of this pain can largely be removed by providing a guild with the attunement and requiring X amount of members of the guild to be in the raid for it to open up.

Oh yes, because I'm sure being "apt" didn't relate entirely to fitting yourself into the little box that Tigole and Furor put you in where the only tanks were Warriors and the only DPS that were worth a shit were Warriors and Rogues, and maybe Johnny-Come-Lately the Shadowbolt spamming Warlock. All because they were butthurt over class performance in Everquest so every class other than their chosen favorites were hobbled to the point where raids had to have gimmicky shit like Tranq and banish rotations so other classes got a chance to raid at all.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    It was a good idea to make the encounters that difficult. The only thing that prevented the 99% from seeing the higher raids was their own ineptitude. Even then I'm not sure what the actual numbers are for people who never reached max level. I think adding hardmode was a little too extreme, and that the Vanilla/BC model was best for raiding. It makes the game last a lot longer if people are working on different content at different times. Some people made it into Black Temple during the end of TBC which is fine, because when they got to see the content it was well earned. I was in a guild on an alt that killed Lady Vashj for the first time a year and a half after SSC came out and vent exploded with delight at the accomplishment. Raiding is handed out and content is consumed far too fast in wows current model. A few things were over the top back then, like having to constantly recruit new players and attune them to BT. However, now that guild achievements exist a lot of this pain can largely be removed by providing a guild with the attunement and requiring X amount of members of the guild to be in the raid for it to open up.
    .... your first sentence makes you sound like an ass. LFR is here to stay, its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    See, this is the thing that I find preposterous. Aside from the no-fly issue, which really is trivial at best, the rest of this expansion absolutely continues the stream of casual appeasement that's been prevalent since 4.3.

You're getting housing, which will include bots that fetch you mats, gold, epics, etc
    You're getting to skip 9/10ths of all leveling content in 1 button press.
    You're (likely) still getting easy, quick heroic dungeons.
    You're going to have far far fewer dailies
    You have an expanded means of raiding via more flex modes.
    You're getting QoL changes made to professions.
    You're getting a highly simplified armor system.
    You're getting simplified stats. You're being made so awesome that you'll never miss or get resisted! (seriously, wtf)

All this, and you still deem this game to be hostile to the casual player? Pass me some of what you're smoking.
    Perhaps you should pass me something of what you are smoking, as I don't think you, the elitist-minded MMO champion poster, has any idea what you are talking about.

-Housing will be a boon to the hardcore elitists who want to show off the blood of their conquests. It will boost the hardcore auction house types.
    -You get to skip 9/10ths of leveling - assuming you are looking to level up another alt. And the way it works, it's more like 40-50% of leveling, as the final levels of leveling tend to take as much time as the previous levels combined up to the current xpac
    -EZmode heroics are already in the game, and in fact their rewards have been nerfed compared to wrath, bc, and cataclysm
    -No dailies eh? How about we wait and see - Blizzard tends to replace one grind with another.
    -Raiding modes will be ostensibly unchanged from how they work today for the lower end more casual player
    -Leveling professions from 0-600 will be made easier, Blizz has always made it a challlenge to go to max level on professions in the current xpac, no reason to expect that to change
    -Armor system... really? There hasn't been any thought put into armor since reforgelite came out in cataclysm. It's not more or less alt/casual friendly.
    -Simplified stats... ibid from armor system

So... you have one thing that will favor the hardcore, and a bunch of stuff that is already in the game and neutral to the casual/alt player. And you have the gall to ask what I am smoking? Despite the previous removal of many conveniences, and further planned removal of the flying convenience.

Typical, typical, typical mmo champion elitist. Hope you enjoy the game when it will be only people like yourself left, because that's what it's coming to.

insult to alt players everywhere.
    I am an alt player and I am NOT insulted --love the no fly design

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Pyromelter;23666681\-Armor system... really? There hasn't been any thought put into armor since reforgelite came out in cataclysm. It's not more or less alt/casual friendly.
    -Simplified stats... ibid from armor system

So... you have one thing that will favor the hardcore, and a bunch of stuff that is already in the game and neutral to the casual/alt player. And you have the gall to ask what I am smoking? Despite the previous removal of many conveniences, and further planned removal of the flying convenience.

Typical, typical, typical mmo champion elitist. Hope you enjoy the game when it will be only people like yourself left, because that's what it's coming to.[/QUOTE]
    yes armour is now much simpler -- a pally only has to get 1 set not 3 , druid 1 set not 4 , most other classes 1 set not 2 . MUCH MUCH more casual friendly

.... your first sentence makes you sound like an ass. LFR is here to stay, its that simple.
    is it so hard to respond with facts instead of personal attacks? i guess it is for you. stop trolling