Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Gratzzz! Litwick and chandelure have quite cool shiny forms. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    So im just going to pretend that you saying this worked because i FINALLY got it.
    And now something went wrong and he has terrible nature and/or IVs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And now something went wrong and he has terrible nature and/or IVs?
    Im trying for a decent shiny Absol and omg, itll drive you nuts. RNG on top of your RNG. Im also trying to ensure it has the egg move Play Rough. So more RNG (since i have seen it not transfer). I hatched five in a row without it but perfect IVS in the stats I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Im trying for a decent shiny Absol and omg, itll drive you nuts. RNG on top of your RNG. Im also trying to ensure it has the egg move Play Rough. So more RNG (since i have seen it not transfer). I hatched five in a row without it but perfect IVS in the stats I wanted.
    Luckily with breeding you can affect it's nature, but encountering a wild shiny is pure RNG^2

Deleted
    Don't egg moves always get passed down? You sure your absol in the daycare hasn't just unlearned it yet by leveling up?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Luckily with breeding you can affect it's nature, but encountering a wild shiny is pure RNG^2
    Yeah, only thing you can count on XD

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Don't egg moves always get passed down? You sure your absol in the daycare hasn't just unlearned it yet by leveling up?
    They dont learn or forget moves while they level in the daycare. And they aren't always passed down. I already disproved that. Was even using a male absol even though females can pass them down now too.

Deleted
    Oh I must've missed some breeding changes in last gens then. Didn't play them much. Could've sworn in earlier gens they would just level up and cycle through old attacks to unlearn them for new. Thanks for the info.

They really should give us the ability to see a summary of pokemon on the GTS that we are considering trading. Would stop people from asking for mewtwo's for a 5IV ditto just it to be a 2IV ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Oh I must've missed some breeding changes in last gens then. Didn't play them much. Could've sworn in earlier gens they would just level up and cycle through old attacks to unlearn them for new. Thanks for the info.
    it keeps its egg moves until you remove it from the daycare then itll have some random crap moves, ive done plenty of 5 iv breeding to see my lovely parents get ruined like this and hav to exchange for a baby in a slot. its annoying. there needs to be an option for people who want it and who don't lol most people don't daycare for leveling 4 gens later x_X

Oh leavanny.... why do you suck

:l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Oh leavanny.... why do you suck

Let me guess. 6 Weaknesses, 2 of which are doubles (one is fire!) and no defenses to go with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Let me guess. 6 Weaknesses, 2 of which are doubles (one is fire!) and no defenses to go with it?
    252/hp and it couldn't eat a flamethrower with light screen

So much for making it my sticky webber

Deleted
    I don't like double weaknesses on sweepers, it makes their HP so binary.
    Looking at you, Achilles Scizor. At least it has nice defenses, and an emergency mega form.

Leavanny should of gotten thick fat as an ability

Deleted
    Yup. Additional speed in sunlight is crap when you have double weakness to fire. So is also weather dmg nullification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leavanny should of gotten thick fat as an ability

If your Leavanny is so fat it's got Thick Fat as an ability, it's all sorts of fucked up. ;P
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Well galvantula isn't any better tbh. Yea it has better typing but it has lower defenses then leavanny and its speed is only 10 higher then leavanny so it might as well be 4x weak to fire.

I guess it just comes down to what you need for your team. Grass coverage or electric. Physical attacker or special.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    I don't like double weaknesses on sweepers, it makes their HP so binary.
    Looking at you, Achilles Scizor. At least it has nice defenses, and an emergency mega form.
    Scizor has a bigger weakness than that, it's really really easy to predict. It's practically the most predictable OU pokemon there is.

Well galvantula isn't any better tbh. Yea it has better typing but it has lower defenses then leavanny and its speed is only 10 higher then leavanny so it might as well be 4x weak to fire.

I guess it just comes down to what you need for your team. Grass coverage or electric. Physical attacker or special.
    I tend to just run galvantula with focus sash. I either lay down sticky webs and do some damage/thunder wave, or I take out their first pokemon/force a switch depending on what it is, then drop stick webs before it dies. It has amazing offensive power because of compound eyes.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2013-11-17 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    I tend to just run galvantula with focus sash. I either lay down sticky webs and do some damage/thunder wave, or I take out their first pokemon/force a switch depending on what it is, then drop stick webs before it dies. It has amazing offensive power because of compound eyes.
    Thunder is nice but leavanny also gets leaf blade (dat crit)

What really cripples leavanny is priority flying moves :x