Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I am the only active person in my guild (20 or so active players) that has > 250k so no, that is a terrible terrible idea.

I would not of minded them adding some more challenging content to the quest (Gold Proving Grounds is my preferred option) but 250k is a terrible terrible idea.
    I would think that being able to present 250k gold would be a heck of a lot more impressive and useful than being able to present gold proving grounds, except for the couple of classes where gold proving grounds resembles hard.

So what you're saying is that you think the legendary should be easily obtainable, by a 15 minute visit to the white tiger whatever, rather than through a months-long effort.

Deleted
    These threads come everyday dont they?

What if legendary quest required...
    ... 250k Gold
    ... Challengemode-Gold ACM
    ... Garrosh Kill on nHC
    ... Proving Ground Gold ACM
    ... ANY KIND OF SKILL

The answer always is: 90% of the people who have legendary cloak now would NOT have it! /thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Seriously now... the hardcore raiders already had to suffer enough with everybody and their grandma getting a legendary this expansion...
    Assuming the player didn't AFK every LFR they put in just as much effort as a "heroic" raider to earn the legendary, it's taken everybody the same amount of time and investment. You can also argue that many bad players earned legendaries in the past, my last GM got the Firelands staff first and he was terrible.

Also, you "heroic" raiders get so much more so really stop complaining. Meta achievements (pre-Flex), titles you can be proud of while it's current content, heroic mount drops while they are current, other mount drops from normal / heroic, and FoS's for clearing normal AND heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    These threads come everyday dont they?

What if legendary quest required...
    ... 250k Gold
    ... Challengemode-Gold ACM
    ... Garrosh Kill on nHC
    ... Proving Ground Gold ACM
    ... ANY KIND OF SKILL

The answer always is: 90% of the people who have legendary cloak now would NOT have it! /thread
    Lol well this one isn't even a matter of skill when it comes to PvE content. Proving Grounds, Garrosh kill, challenge-mode golds (this one is probably the exception to the skill factor) etc all require skill in a PvE environment in which the legendary is supposed to be used for. 250k gold does not require any skill at all when it comes to raiding and it would be really silly to see people who don't actively raid weekly run around in shiny PvE raiding legendary gear because they happened to enjoy playing the auction house a couple expansions back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Encourage gold buying and all the hacking, botting and shit that goes with it? Err, no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a good idea but with some changes. For example:
    *stage one--- pay black prince 250.000 gold to lend you some dragon power
    *stage two--- Use dragon power on xxx orc boss and capture its essence
    *stage 3---Bring essence to black prince
    *stage 4---Collect 400 x living steel like material
    *stage 5---Give this material too the blacksmith too craft you a weapon mold (there was a blacksmith in outland near the blood elf area)
    *stage 6---Blacksmith ask you for a essence and that you need too infuse weapon mold on a toxic mountain (a place with lvl 300 elites)
    *stage 7---After you obtain the toxic item you need to give it too blacksmith....but he wants you to pay him 500.000 gold for his work
    *stage 8---Bring the epic weapon to last boss and once he dies stab him with it and let the weapon be infused with titan energys (this boss is only posible to reach in 20 man heroic)
    *stage 9---Bring the infused epic weapon to black prince and he will infuse it for you (for a price)
    And here is your legendary weapon:
    http://www.swordsaxe.com/images/prod...mbie_Sword.jpg
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol well this one isn't even a matter of skill when it comes to PvE content. Proving Grounds, Garrosh kill, challenge-mode golds (this one is probably the exception to the skill factor) etc all require skill in a PvE environment in which the legendary is supposed to be used for. 250k gold does not require any skill at all when it comes to raiding and it would be really silly to see people who don't actively raid weekly run around in shiny PvE raiding legendary gear because they happened to enjoy playing the auction house a couple expansions back.
    So, because it requires no skill, it shouldn't be a problem to just go grab 250k gold, right? I mean you could just go mine a couple of nodes and you're done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Its a good idea but with some changes. For example:
    *stage one--- pay black prince 250.000 gold to lend you some dragon power
    *stage two--- Use dragon power on xxx orc boss and capture its essence
    *stage 3---Bring essence to black prince
    *stage 4---Collect 400 x living steel like material
    *stage 5---Give this material too the blacksmith too craft you a weapon mold (there was a blacksmith in outland near the blood elf area)
    *stage 6---Blacksmith ask you for a essence and that you need too infuse weapon mold on a toxic mountain (a place with lvl 300 elites)
    *stage 7---After you obtain the toxic item you need to give it too blacksmith....but he wants you to pay him 500.000 gold for his work
    *stage 8---Bring the epic weapon to last boss and once he dies stab him with it and let the weapon be infused with titan energys (this boss is only posible to reach in 20 man heroic)
    *stage 9---Bring the infused epic weapon to black prince and he will infuse it for you (for a price)
    And here is your legendary weapon:
    http://www.swordsaxe.com/images/prod...mbie_Sword.jpg
    It would be way beyond awesome to have, every major patch, ONE craftable heroic-tier weapon that basically only requires a retarded amount of some material.

So, for example, if at the start of 5.4 there was a trainer recipe for a 553 craftable two-handed strength weapon whose materials were simply 500 living steel.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Assuming the player didn't AFK every LFR they put in just as much effort as a "heroic" raider to earn the legendary, it's taken everybody the same amount of time and investment. You can also argue that many bad players earned legendaries in the past, my last GM got the Firelands staff first and he was terrible.

Also, you "heroic" raiders get so much more so really stop complaining. Meta achievements (pre-Flex), titles you can be proud of while it's current content, heroic mount drops while they are current, other mount drops from normal / heroic, and FoS's for clearing normal AND heroic.
    Mmm no they didn't put in as much effort if they LFR'd their way to the cape. Past legendaries were a real grind with real rewards for attempting harder difficulties and I liked that. Normal modes dropped pieces of the puzzle but heroic gave you more. More incentive for EVERYBODY to at least give it a shot.

Plus you had to be smart about who got the legendary. Obviously your GM was a loot whore who didn't stop and think about who truly deserved the legendary staff. Same thing happened to me in my hardcore guild back then. Gave the first staff to the raid lead (gm was a warrior) and she ended up quitting next tier on short notice which led to the guild's ultimate downfall. We also had three mages who were all better players than her and outdpsed the shit out of her even when she had the legendary advantage.

Anyway: My only beef with the legendary is that you had absolutely no reason whatsoever to attempt anything other than LFR in order to get it. LFR should have had a reduced drop rate in the items needed. Normal should have been how it is now. Heroic should have dropped stuff faster than the current rate and the guaranteed boss drops should have dropped two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    what if legendary q chain required you to not whine on forums for a month? it would be the rarest legendary in the game
    HA!
    Yea but public vent/IRC would be hell.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    So, because it requires no skill, it shouldn't be a problem to just go grab 250k gold, right? I mean you could just go mine a couple of nodes and you're done.
    I love it when people take my words and drastically alter the meaning. I said PvE skill. Not PvAH skill. Yes it takes time, effort, skill, and luck to make that much money, but it isn't raiding related which all the current legendary items are. You should have to raid to get raiding items. It doesn't make sense to farm out raid gear by not raiding. Maybe a couple pieces of normal gear but not heroic and certainly not legendary.

Did you stop and think about the high end progression guilds? Method, Blood Legion, Midwinter, Paragon... All of those guilds would either impose some crazy gold requirement on top of their already high raiding standards, buy gold, or just require every member to play 24/7 until they have their legendary and clear the tier. Hell, even my guild made me race change to an orc (25 US dollars) just because it was maybe a 2% dps increase and we're only 9/14 heroic.

If it would require gold it should be because there is something that you need to gather, and it should also be possible to farm it in some way, like the Thrilium Bars(?).

I have a better idea: Instead of 250k gold, why don't you just put a requirement of 20k achiev points plus 400 mounts collected? It's an equally idiotic idea. Congrats, 250k is pocket change for you. Glad you enjoyed your 2 days of fame on the mmo-champion forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Unless it is a legendary item that only benefits professions.. But how would that work, with all the professions in the game?
    Thank you somebody gets it. I wouldn't mind it if that worked that way at all! By all means, create a legendary that is used only for the rest of this expansion, costs 250k, and enhances your ability to farm more gold. Go ahead. You get your profession legendary with no stats on it and I'll get my raid enhancing PvE legendary. Throw in a PvP one too if they can ever balance that to make it work in PvP only.

I struggle to get 2k and keep it. I would go nuts if I had to farm 250k gold.

Seriously now... the hardcore raiders already had to suffer enough with everybody and their grandma getting a legendary this expansion
    this is thrown around a lot but i have trouble believing it. i'm a heroic raider, and guess what? i don't care... my guild doesn't care... none of the guilds i've run with this xpac care. the only ones that seem to think they've had to "suffer" are the ones that "think" they're hardcore with their 13/14 flex and 10/14 NM 6 weeks into the tier. i have friends that are 14/14HM... and ya know what? they don't care either. Just my 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeC0der View Post
    this is thrown around a lot but i have trouble believing it. i'm a heroic raider, and guess what? i don't care... my guild doesn't care... none of the guilds i've run with this xpac care. the only ones that seem to think they've had to "suffer" are the ones that "think" they're hardcore with their 13/14 flex and 10/14 NM 6 weeks into the tier. i have friends that are 14/14HM... and ya know what? they don't care either. Just my 2cents.
    I agree, I can't see why someone would suffer because the legendary this xpac is way more common the legendarys from past xpacs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooshelle View Post
    And you know this how?
    Blizzard told this in a interview lots of times, that only a few % of the playerbase has above 100k, like 1%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I would spend that kind of money on a mount that'd last forever. Not for a piece of gear I'd replace next expac. Even if they did add legendary's to xmog, still wouldn't be worth it to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    one percenters maaaan, we don't need your kind over here.
    And way to encourage gold selling.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    But that's all, just 250k gold.

That's an easily reachable target given 6+ months.

Day 1 of patch 5.4, there is a vendor who will sell you a legendary cape for 250k.
    50$ for legendary? Sounds a bit expensive.
    Mounts in blizzstore usually cost about 20$.

But if you have ideas like that some other MMORPG, like lineage(or archeage) will suit you better than wow.