Trial of the gladiator...

Is this blizzards attempt to end pvp in wow once and for all at least for arena??? Setting a time for players to actually gain rating and titles does not seem like a good idea at all! It is hard enough to get a team going and everyone on at the same time, now they want to set a time that people who actually care about rating and titles have to play in order to achieve them. I personally feel like this is the worst idea ever from blizzard. They are basically giving us skirmishes back and telling us that we can only play them at certain times if we want anything cool from pvp.

This is basically a giant slap in the face to all arena player's, I truly hope that everyone stand up against blizzard on this and that this does not go live! It will truly be the end of wow pvp! From a arena stand point at least, I know several players who already stated that they will be quitting wow if this goes live. I am not entirely on that boat yet but am deff thinking about quitting wow for the first time in 5 years if it does go live. We can only hope that it does not. What are your thoughts and opinions on this matter?

Here is a statement from blizzard on what they are thinking about doing:

"If you’re looking for some great Arena action, then Trial of the Gladiator is for you. Building on the same system used for the Arena Tournament realm, players who take part in Trial of the Gladiator will be able to enter and purchase gear, enchants, and gems from a vendor, and then match skills with other players. Similar to the Arena Tournament realm, an array of equal-quality gear and items will be available to all players, putting everyone on the same footing from the start of competition.

Any player will be able to queue for this new feature once it’s available, but you’ll only be able to earn a rating during specific days and times of the week that rated competition opens up. This will help make the pool of serious combatants more concentrated, allowing the system to match players more accurately based on skill and helping ensure rated battles provide a highly competitive experience.

You’ll be able to practice whenever you like outside of those times, but if you want to earn the prestige awards, you’ll need to hone your skills and climb to the top of the ladder at the appointed times. We also don’t want to penalize people too heavily for missing a scheduled combat or two, and we’re looking into ways to make sure the system strikes the right balance between flexibility and cutting-edge competition."

Deleted
    i dont want to write it all over again, but i told u that wow is dying from this expasion.. pvp is dead meat now and will be more dead meat with this thing goes live.. trust me these bastards dont care about players.. they just care about thier $$.. so basically they will get a *poker face* in the Q4@2014.. (2mln sub down). So i dont even add thier cash shop.. 100% xp boost.. yea sure make it like metin2.. whats the point of it? i dont even.. they trying to make ratings/gear from arena like a "weekly valor cap" blehh /unsub and went for pserver 1.12.1
    Last edited by mmoc63fb61dd2c; 2013-11-17 at 03:58 PM.

Think you're over-reacting When I read their statement, I get the feeling that Trial of the Gladiator is just a new 'bonus' feature. If i'm not mistaken, arena, as it is today, will continue in WoD. You'll gain rating just as you do now. On ToTG days, you'll be able to queue for it, with the added bonus of maximum lvl gear, enchants, etc... and the rating will increase normally, from the one you accumulated off non ToTG days.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    Think you're over-reacting When I read their statement, I get the feeling that Trial of the Gladiator is just a new 'bonus' feature. If i'm not mistaken, arena, as it is today, will continue in WoD. You'll gain rating just as you do now. On ToTG days, you'll be able to queue for it, with the added bonus of maximum lvl gear, enchants, etc... and the rating will increase normally, from the one you accumulated off non ToTG days.
    Right so basically if all you do is pvp you have to play on those days in order to get the best pvp gear/enchants. Thats wrong on so many levels. It wouldnt be as bad if you could just do it when ever but they are restricting us to a time frame in order for us to do this certain days threw out the week which is what is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelfpain View Post
    i dont want to write it all over again, but i told u that wow is dying from this expasion.. pvp is dead meat now and will be more dead meat with this thing goes live.. trust me these bastards dont care about players.. they just care about thier $$.. so basically they will get a *poker face* in the Q4@2014.. (2mln sub down). So i dont even add thier cash shop.. 100% xp boost.. yea sure make it like metin2.. whats the point of it? i dont even.. they trying to make ratings/gear from arena like a "weekly valor cap" blehh /unsub and went for pserver 1.12.1
    Compelling argument right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Natixsphere View Post
    Right so basically if all you do is pvp you have to play on those days in order to get the best pvp gear/enchants. Thats wrong on so many levels. It wouldnt be as bad if you could just do it when ever but they are restricting us to a time frame in order for us to do this certain days threw out the week which is what is wrong!
    No, the 'best pvp gear/enchants' will be the exact same as the one you can get outside of the trial. It's just that you can buy a version of the gear and enchants that will only work in the trial, without needing to farm points. So hardcore pvpers will still have the gear, and they'll be able to keep it outside of the trial.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

I really like this feature. I pvp on 3 toons and having a "arena tournament" option a few times a week is awesome. I'm looking forward to WoD.

If you want any of the vanity rewards from arenas get ready to play whenever Blizzard says so.

Stupid idea.
    Actually deal with cheaters or make the incentives less compelling.