Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    While this is true, he does have leadership experience with his own people but even that was very poor. Considering the naga almost obliterated their clan, he's not terrible by any means but not big enough to take on the whole horde. I think Saurfang which also falls under the "hesitant to lead" would be a better choice, but then again he seems more like the General who is great at leading armies but probably awful at leading a country. Like President Grant.
    What was Vol'jin supposed to against the naga (and people like Zalazane?) He kept his people alive, what else could he have done?
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think it's Thrall taking us thru the portal and not Vol'jin. Vol'jin is a huge mistake, and i'm sure it'll be dealt with next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Often those who are most hesitant to lead are those who use their powers most effectively.
    Yeah. Garrosh, for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Why do you think it's Thrall taking us thru the portal and not Vol'jin. Vol'jin is a huge mistake, and i'm sure it'll be dealt with next expansion.
    They're not going to give the Horde another new Warchief if that's what you'll mean. Thrall is coming with us because Thrall was originally intended to be the new (old) WC and they have expansions planned out 3 ahead. And Vol'jin isn't easily transplantable into WoD. I fully expect once they come to an expansion where Vol'jin can easily be put in, they'll give him a lot of focus.

At the very least our Warchief should wear shoes...

Deleted
    Well the standard not_related_to_expansion_troll_patch will make him great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    They're not going to give the Horde another new Warchief if that's what you'll mean. Thrall is coming with us because Thrall was originally intended to be the new (old) WC and they have expansions planned out 3 ahead. And Vol'jin isn't easily transplantable into WoD. I fully expect once they come to an expansion where Vol'jin can easily be put in, they'll give him a lot of focus.
    So next expansion, or the one after that he'll become the true warchief?

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    Well that's heroic. There's great danger coming from the portal, danger serious enough we have to go investigate on possibly a sucidie mission and the warchief of the horde stays behind playing political leader?

I can already imagine voljin "yea you guys go ahead see whats up with that portal mon i be here shuffling papers"
    Hasn't been any indication of Varian going to Draenor...just saying.

Deleted
    I want Mr. Fordring to lead us all into Draenor, i miss him a little

In my opinion, WoD is exactly why Vol'jin or any troll or any other race for that matter should have never become warchief of the horde.

It's obvious the next expansion will be orc lore heavy from the horde side and I feel Vol'jin just doesn't fit in all of this. What's his stake in all this?

Can you imagine someone introducing Vol'jin as warchief of the horde to legendary orcs such as Grom, Durotan, Doomhammer, etc.? They would laugh their ass off.

Of course Blizz will try to explain it away but I think no matter how they spin it they made a huge blunder there.
    Or...they'll be pissed off. I think it's perfect.
    Also they don't even know what troll is. (I belive there are no trolls on Draenor

Deleted
    Wait a damn moment. Where is Trassk?
    Trassk I summon thee! Bestow your knowledge upon us.

Thrall is going to travel to Draenor, he is going to represent the Horde of our timeline, so dont worry and dont be racist

I think it's funny the main argument against Vol'jin is he is a troll >>

Can you imagine someone introducing Vol'jin as warchief of the horde to legendary orcs such as Grom, Durotan, Doomhammer, etc.? They would laugh their ass off.

Made me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What aspect of Garrosh was hesitant in the slightest?
    Yea this.

He took that in a split second.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Yea this.

He took that in a split second.
    Thrall: "That is why I want you, Garrosh, to take my pla-"
    Garrosh: "KING OF THE WO~RLD!"
    Vol'jin: "I don't be thinking dis be a good idea, Thrall."
    Garrosh: "NO BACKSIES!"
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    In my opinion, WoD is exactly why Vol'jin or any troll or any other race for that matter should have never become warchief of the horde.

It's obvious the next expansion will be orc lore heavy from the horde side and I feel Vol'jin just doesn't fit in all of this. What's his stake in all this?

Of course Blizz will try to explain it away but I think no matter how they spin it they made a huge blunder there.
    Ehm... After the pre-WoD event we'll destroy the dark portal from the Draenor side to buy Azeroth some time, leaving Vol'jin and all dat on Azeroth. They already planned Thrall to have some story in WoD, so he couldn't really be Warchief again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Ehm... After the pre-WoD event we'll destroy the dark portal from the Draenor side to buy Azeroth some time, leaving Vol'jin and all dat on Azeroth. They already planned Thrall to have some story in WoD, so he couldn't really be Warchief again.
    Did they say this? There's no evidence we've ever been able to destroy the Dark Portal.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    I think it's funny the main argument against Vol'jin is he is a troll >>
    I think it's rather sad. Thrall would be disgusted to see that attitude. He himself stated the Horde is family and that Orcs and Trolls have a shared history on Kalimdor. Vol'jin is the reason our Horde exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukiatsuruko View Post
    I think it's rather sad. Thrall would be disgusted to see that attitude. He himself stated the Horde is family and that Orcs and Trolls have a shared history on Kalimdor. Vol'jin is the reason our Horde exists.
    Vol'jin is the reason ''our horde'' exists?

Please.