Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

4 weeks before LFR in WoD?

From the blue posts on the front page it looks like a whole month before LFR is opened.

2 weeks - normal and hc
    3 weeks mythic
    4 weeks LFR.

I personally think thats total BS. I'm pretty fed up with Bliz treating LFR players as second class sub payers. I can understand harder raids being delayed, but not easier ones.

I've never bought the "it feels less epic" arguement. esp now with flex in the mix. The people going after hard modes wont be hitting LFR.

Personally I just see this as a kick in the teeth to everyone who cant or does not want to raid to a schedule, which is what LFR caters to. I've done the whole progression raid thing, and moved on. They expect me to pay a sub for not being able to do the primary content the game is based around?

Actually, with the expansion opening gear, LFR gear could provide sizable benefits (And set bonuses too) to raiders going into herioc and mythic. They've always delayed it like this, so it's nothing new. Basically, Suck it up buttercup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Actually, with the expansion opening gear, LFR gear could provide sizable benefits (And set bonuses too) to raiders going into herioc and mythic. They've always delayed it like this, so it's nothing new. Basically, Suck it up buttercup
    any reason to be insulting?
    That last bit just totally invalidates your post in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the ammount of issues people have whenever they try new dungeons.. it'll take the average LFR player a month to get the minimum ilvl to queue anyway.

Personally I just see this as a kick in the teeth to everyone who cant or does not want to raid to a schedule, which is what LFR caters to
    and if they dont have time for a raid schedule they'll MOST LIKELY wont hit max lvl as fast as those who do. so you kinda screwed over your own thread here
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Sounds about right to me, they always delay new LFR content nowadays. Nothing new to see here.

Delaying it 4 weeks is probably a good idea too. It gives more players, more time to gear up and get to the ilvl requirement so when it comes out, queue times wont be insanely long.
    Last edited by MagicBanana; 2013-11-17 at 10:38 PM.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    and if they dont have time for a raid schedule they'll MOST LIKELY wont hit max lvl as fast as those who do. so you kinda screwed over your own thread here
    not really.
    no schedule = /= no time.
    And leveling takes very little time anyway, so even casuals will be hitting it week 1 as usual. Then faced with 3 weeks of the normal boring grind before LFR. I really dont understand. Why not open it up week 2?

SLG and Tax kinda have a point there. Waiting 1 month for LFR isn't going to kill anyone. As stated above, LFR has ~always~ been delayed when content comes out, so this really isn't anything new.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll probably take some people 4 weeks just to get to level 100 and grind heroics for the gear to get into lfr.

Just do normal? It's the new flex, it's a very acceptable difficulty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddo View Post
    SLG and Tax kinda have a point there. Waiting 1 month for LFR isn't going to kill anyone. As stated above, LFR has ~always~ been delayed when content comes out, so this really isn't anything new.
    why does it matter if its happened before? wanted to debate the merits of it.

if we jsut went with what happened before, you'd still be walking to BGs to queue up....

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Just do normal? It's the new flex, it's a very acceptable difficulty.
    But that requires getting into a premade group. It's too much work! If I can't afk in a city and queue up then it's unfair!

What's new? If you worry about running out of things to do you might as well do some Normal unless you're a LFR hero having his content gated.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post

if we jsut went with what happened before, you'd still be walking to BGs to queue up....
    That isn't even remotely the same topic in which we are talking about. You are just wondering why they are delaying the LFR and it is nothing new on their part. LFR is getting delayed for 1 month after launch. 1 Month is a good time frame for players to 1) Hit Max level 2) Get some gear from heroics 3) Not hop straight into LFR and actually maybe benefit from the feature WoD is providing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    But that requires getting into a premade group. It's too much work! If I can't afk in a city and queue up then it's unfair!
    again, why be insulting?
    Some people dont want to do that, some jsut cant take the time, and you can mock LFR all you like, when was the last time you manually made a 5man group? I'l bet you queue up far more often instead.
    And using LFG lets you get out in teh world not sit in cities, spammign chat for a group....so your arguement is moot really.

Vocal.Minority.

Some few will rush the content to 100, then cry for 3 weeks...only to cry for 4 more weeks about queue times as the bulk of those who fills LFR queues slowly level and gear and whatnot.

You wont be happy regardless, should prolly just cancel now, and resub 3 months or so after release. Then you can level, LFR right away, and have flight back in 1-2 weeks after that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddo View Post
    That isn't even remotely the same topic in which we are talking about. You are just wondering why they are delaying the LFR and it is nothing new on their part. LFR is getting delayed for 1 month after launch. 1 Month is a good time frame for players to 1) Hit Max level 2) Get some gear from heroics 3) Not hop straight into LFR and actually maybe benefit from the feature WoD is providing.
    what feature?

And you would have to gather 39 friends, walk over the to summoning stone and start summoning everyone one by one. While warlocks are busy creating full bags of soulstones. Good thing that time is over then.

Lets put it this way - casual players will use atleast a week or two to lvl up. Then they need a week or so to gear up from HCs. Then its only one week left to wait, and there you got normal mode, wich is the new flex, so go there with some friends and kill some time. Waiting 4 weeks wont kill you.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    Vocal.Minority.

Some few will rush the content to 100, then cry for 3 weeks...only to cry for 4 more weeks about queue times as the bulk of those who fills LFR queues slowly level and gear and whatnot.

You wont be happy regardless, should prolly just cancel now, and resub 3 months or so after release. Then you can level, LFR right away, and have flight back in 1-2 weeks after that.
    and being a "vocal minority" (based on no evidence at all but feel free to not let that stop you), is not always = being wrong.
    As for flight, I wish they'd delete it entirely.

From the blue posts on the front page it looks like a whole month before LFR is opened.

2 weeks - normal and hc
    3 weeks mythic
    4 weeks LFR.

I personally think thats total BS. I'm pretty fed up with Bliz treating LFR players as second class sub payers. I can understand harder raids being delayed, but not easier ones.

I've never bought the "it feels less epic" arguement. esp now with flex in the mix. The people going after hard modes wont be hitting LFR.

Personally I just see this as a kick in the teeth to everyone who cant or does not want to raid to a schedule, which is what LFR caters to. I've done the whole progression raid thing, and moved on. They expect me to pay a sub for not being able to do the primary content the game is based around?
    Bolded part is key. You are making a choice. You do not want to do progression raiding, you do not want to join a team for a longterm commitment. Thats fine, but those who choose to do so have a rightful advantage. There is something about LFR players downing the end boss before most normal mode teams.

Yes, some people have real life time constraints, but more often than not it is simply a lack of effort or desire on the part of the player. And thats fine, but you shouldnt expect them to unlock the easy mode when most are progressing through normal.

And yes, people who do raid seriously will be in LFR if Blizzard puts tier/trinkets in again or makes the gear fairly superior to heroic dungeons. Min/maxing is part of serious raiding. A lot of heroic raiders replaced Thunderforged Heroic trinkets with LFR ones because +7% stats or CD reduction is huge. The same thing happened in Dragon Soul when the tier bonuses were overpowered, as well as in ToT with the Lei Shen crit trinket.