Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    GC does speak the truth. Just because you may not see it doesn't mean it's not happening at a high enough rate to discourage people who do tank to not do LFR as a tanking role.
    Would you agree or disagree that there has been a jump in LFR queue times since flex was introduced?

I'm not saying verbal abuse doesn't happen, I'm saying that it's not the primary reason for tanks waving adios to LFR. Even if people were nothing but cordial to each other, you'd still see a drop in participation. But that is my opinion, nothing more, and of course Blizz is going to be able to measure this in ways I cannot.

Heh, I just reported/ignored a few players yesterday for putting our tank down in LFR. We got in, he asked what strategy we were using, and somebody pulled. We wiped and everybody just started bashing him for not knowing the fights. Yes, there are tanks with a real ego, but I've seen both ends of the spectrum and, truth be told, everybody should just relax and enjoy the game without making it hard on others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Would you agree or disagree that there has been a jump in LFR queue times since flex was introduced?

I'm not saying verbal abuse doesn't happen, I'm saying that it's not the primary reason for tanks waving adios to LFR. Even if people were nothing but cordial to each other, you'd still see a drop in participation. But that is my opinion, nothing more, and of course Blizz is going to be able to measure this in ways I cannot.
    It's -a- reason, and it matters. Tanks still need to gear up to get into Flex, and they do so through LFR like everyone else; if anything it's kinda expected that they'll have a higher gear level because of the importance of the role.

It's also incredible that so many of those who are defending the abusers are doing so in such an abusive fashion (not you melodramocracy). It just shows a complete lack of self awareness of their own behaviour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    In my experience in LFR, everyone is treated like crap, not just tanks. If you mess up, people treat you poorly. It just happens that tank mess-ups are much more visible, so when the tank messes up, everyone knows it. That's the issue.
    Bingo. A bad dps will probably not be noticed, a bad tank will get noticed almost immediately. Its no surprise newbies will not want to put themselves in that position. And experienced tanks have much better alternatives in Flex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    And IMO it's usually the normal mode raiders who shit on everyone. Heroic raiders typically keep quiet and the average lfr raider cracking jokes.
    That's what it feels like to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    Yes, it's very true. There was a poll recently asking the tanks if they tanked LFR - 85% said they wouldn't, and about 40% said it was because of the other players.
    MMOC polls, always brushed aside as a "small, biased portion of the community" until they support one's views.

TL;DR - No one should have to take abuse, especially in a game, hence I stopped tanking LFR.

Someone has mentioned this, but i'll repeat the basic idea as I agree with it completely at its core concept.

In LFR there are 25 players in an ideal set up. If DPS does poorly, which is easily and quantifiably observable via DPS meters, their performance is glossed over for the most part since their gameplay is likely compensated for by the other 16 players fulfilling the same role.

The same can be said about healers to an extent.

Tanks, however, are two players, easily the visual focus of the raid since they are always next to that giant sexy target we call a raid boss. I won't get into it again, because I've said it in other posts, but the abuse I've received is staggering despite knowing the mechanics myself, completing it on flex/normal, and even explaining core concepts of the fight beforehand to the raid.

The moment I outgeared LFR was the same moment I knew I would never have to go back, and that makes me quite happy as a tank.

Deleted
    There was a time when healers were hit really hard by a nerfbat. Did a lot of healers quit? Yes. Was that a bad thing? No.

If you seriously can't handle some insults, I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you IRL.

While personally I've never been the target of such harassment I do know they're three tanks in one of my guilds that won't queue as a tank specifically because of the treatment they received back during Throne of Thunder that still rather plagues them to today.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    There was a time when healers were hit really hard by a nerfbat. Did a lot of healers quit? Yes. Was that a bad thing? No.

If you seriously can't handle some insults, I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you IRL.
    I don't tend to put myself in situations where I get insulted in real life either, why would I do so in a videogame that I play to relax?

But you should not have to put up with insults/verbal abuse. This after all is said and done just a game. A game is supposed to be fun not filled with flames. (unless you are using a flame thrower)

This forum is moot. Attitudes in LFR and this game in general can be horrid and elitist, however usually opinions such as these will NOT affect how well a LFR goes. A crappy tank is going to play crappy either way, regardless of how you feel or how much you express your opinion and vice versa with skilled tanks (unless you call a good player bad, and they under-perform to spite you). Mostly because even if a tank is treated horribly, they can just stay since it's hard to remove them and also they will usually just stay anyway for that 1 boss they need for loot before leaving. Therefore treating a tank "nicely" will usually have no affect.

Tanks know they have instant queues and despite how they are treated will come and go as they please in LFR and usually leave after bosses that have loot that they need. Example: You can easily tell what a tank's agenda is when they leave after killing a boss in LFR which has a tank trinket- most common bosses are Malkorok and Fallen Protectors, which drop stamina trinkets.

And also let's just consider that you're a DPS player- Treating another player nicely will not at all give you a faster queue time. The queue will be however long it's going to be regardless. The only thing treating said tank nicely will do is possibly reduce some downtime of the overall run where you have to wait for a new tank to enter, on the off chance treating him poorly was the only reason that they left.
    Last edited by Pharm; 2013-11-18 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    I don't tend to put myself in situations where I get insulted in real life either, why would I do so in a videogame that I play to relax?
    So why do you take it personally when you know you did nothing wrong? You think that I wasn't insulted plenty of times by some random DPS that died in a fire? Just ignore them, or make them pay for their insults.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    TBH I don't tank because I find tanking boring...
    You obviously haven't played brewmaster monk.

Deleted
    I don't know what kind of society you live in, and most likely this is a good thing, but I can't remember the last time someone came to me outside a game and wished that I got cancer or otherwise verbally harassed me - and I work in a field where I meet hundreds upon hundreds of people, most of who are ill or sick and as a consequence aren't perhaps "very patient".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I don't know what kind of society you live in, and most likely this is a good thing, but I can't remember the last time someone came to me outside a game and wished that I got cancer or otherwise verbally harassed me - and I work in a field where I meet hundreds upon hundreds of people, most of who are ill or sick and as a consequence aren't perhaps "very patient".
    Do you always blow things out of proportion? I'm talking about kids insulting you, because you "can't tank", even though you know they're wrong.
    How can you even take their insults seriously? They're bad. They're sad. They will never be good at this game because they can't even imagine that it's their fault. Their whole life is a joke. You play this game for fun (I guess). Do you think that everyone will be kind to you? They're not making the game any less fun for you by some insults, and if they are, you're doing something wrong. Quitting something that's fun for you (tanking) isn't the answer (well I guess you can punish them this way).

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reasons why I don't tank anymore..

People that say gogogogogogo.
    People that want to pull for the tank.
    People that unload all their AoE before I even have mobs grouped up.
    People that then proceed to complain that they are pulling threat.

In short I don't tank LFR/LFD because of other people.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account

Players like YOU are the problem.

I guess the point of this thread is proven by this post. I also guess that you are one of the persons just insulting everybody because of nothing, because you can and there is no retaliation (and because people have to "grow up"). Sadly enough too many people like you play this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you always blow things out of proportion? I'm talking about kids insulting you, because you "can't tank", even though you know they're wrong.
    How can you even take their insults seriously? They're bad. They're sad. They will never be good at this game because they can't even imagine that it's their fault. Their whole life is a joke. You play this game for fun (I guess). Do you think that everyone will be kind to you? They're not making the game any less fun for you by some insults, and if they are, you're doing something wrong. Quitting something that's fun for you (tanking) isn't the answer (well I guess you can punish them this way).
    Lol, we have had several discussions about cyber bullying on this forums where people also said it was their own fault for being bullied.

LFR just mirrors this game in general.. a rotting cesspool of toxic people that only exist to insult and degrade. Sit in trade chat for 10 mins and you can not deny it. Blizzard fostered this system with lousy reporting/feedback systems for players. How about this make a feedback system where you are held accountable for your douche-baggery. Boom problem solved.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."