Thread: World pvp state

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Angry World pvp state

So my question is: Does anyone else think that the world pvp is in a terrible place at the moment? As it is now Pve players dominate fully pvp players out in the world. Will this be fixed into WoD?

And PVP geared players completely dominate PVE geared players in battlegrounds, etc. Unfortunately, the world is a PVE environment that allows for PVP encounters to occur. I'm not sure that fixing this is high on Blizzard's list of things to do.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    And PVP geared players completely dominate PVE geared players in battlegrounds, etc. Unfortunately, the world is a PVE environment that allows for PVP encounters to occur. I'm not sure that fixing this is high on Blizzard's list of things to do.
    Stop giving PvP´ers second rate ilvls, problem solved.

I can agree with that when the same boss that's dropping current tier PVE pieces also drops 522 PVP pieces.
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.

I really don't get the PVEr entitlement thing.

Why in the world would you think your gear should even be able to compete with PVP, in PVP of any nature? Can PVP compete with PVE in any PVE situation? Not at all?

Mmkay, get over it. Grind honor gear or reroll on a PVE server if being ganked bothers you so much; arguing that the open world on a PVP server (a server that exists only for WPVP) is a PVE environment is hilarious.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    6 Warlocks and a Priest Healer wiped a 10 man raid of PVP geared people in Outland last week.. Fair much taking 25k Dots ticks?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I really don't get the PVEr entitlement thing.

Why in the world would you think your gear should even be able to compete with PVP, in PVP of any nature? Can PVP compete with PVE in any PVE situation? Not at all?

Mmkay, get over it. Grind honor gear or reroll on a PVE server if being ganked bothers you so much; arguing that the open world on a PVP server (a server that exists only for WPVP) is a PVE environment is hilarious.
    Just because a server is a PVP server doesn't mean that every location is purely a PVP location. Inherently, the open world is PVE seeing as you can't level a character doing PVP in the open world. There isn't any PVE entitlement in my statement, it's a statement of the way Blizzard has acknowledged the open world works, regardless of the definition of the server type.

Also, where did you see anything whatsoever about caring about getting ganked? The OP stated that "Pve players dominate fully pvp players out in the world" and I pointed out that the opposite is true as well. I wouldn't play on a PVP server if I cared about getting ganked.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    Just because a server is a PVP server doesn't mean that every location is purely a PVP location. Inherently, the open world is PVE seeing as you can't level a character doing PVP in the open world. There isn't any PVE entitlement in my statement, it's a statement of the way Blizzard has acknowledged the open world works, regardless of the definition of the server type.

Also, where did you see anything whatsoever about caring about getting ganked? The OP stated that "Pve players dominate fully pvp players out in the world" and I pointed out that the opposite is true as well. I wouldn't play on a PVP server if I cared about getting ganked.
    What does 'leveling a character' have to do with anything? The overworld is neither PVE or PVP, and it shouldn't be treated as either. PVP gear should clearly outperform PVE when fighting a player, and vice versa when fighting an NPC.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

PVP gear should clearly outperform PVE when fighting a player, and vice versa when fighting an NPC.
    I agree 100% with that statement. Had you stated it that way originally, instead of saying "arguing that the open world on a PVP server (a server that exists only for WPVP) is a PVE environment is hilarious", then it would've ended there. The open world is a PVE environment that exists for multiple purposes, the primary one of which is PVE. Otherwise there wouldn't be quests, mobs, etc. Even on a PVP server, that is the simple truth. Ideally, Blizzard will fix their technology so that it recognizes the difference between a character and a mob in the open world and reacts accordingly.

The PvE heroes reign once again (hello Vanilla?)

It makes me puke, backpeddling imbeciles with full heroic 3-shotting ppl in duels and world pvp (PvE hero allies ganking in front of Org anyone?)

I'm 100% PvP player and from now on I only duel PvP-geared people but every now and then I just forget to check gear... I'm just not used to having to check gear ever since season 1 in 2007 ... lol who would have guessed that 6!!!! years later Blizz will go back in stone age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    PvP gear has no place in WPvP. Its wildly unfair, hence why they changed it. However, anything above normal gear tends to be too powerful as well.
    There is literally zero logic in that statement I bolded. PVP gear should always be the most optimal for PVP, PVE for PVE/npcs. If you want to fight players, grind some honor, do you think it'd be fair if you could pull higher DPS on world bosses for example, with PVP gear?

Your entitlement mentality is disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz decided it was a good idea to inflate ilvls more than ever before while keeping pvp ilvl a patch behind.
    What does 'leveling a character' have to do with anything? The overworld is neither PVE or PVP, and it shouldn't be treated as either. PVP gear should clearly outperform PVE when fighting a player, and vice versa when fighting an NPC.
    Don't feed the trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Tosran View Post
    So my question is: Does anyone else think that the world pvp is in a terrible place at the moment? As it is now Pve players dominate fully pvp players out in the world. Will this be fixed into WoD?
    Lol, is this cause i killed you 4 times and i don't have any PvP gear? Are you sure its not because you are bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    No. Why can't the be exactly the same?

It should be about skill, and not about gear type. It wasn't nice when PvP gear was better in world PvP, and it isn't nice when PvE gear is better in world PvP. Equal ilvls plz. Resilience is (and should be) character baseline anyway.

It would also be nice if there was some form of reward for World PvP, such as enhanced Honor gain for taking over towns and the like.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

I don't like the current state of world PvP either.

I think its a nice idea to give PvE geared players a chance, cause they hardly had any before base resilience were implemented, but now once they get really good gear the table turns, so maybe they should make PvP Power a lil better, or something else to keep it more balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    why would it be fixed , its supposed to be that way , like in vanilla ;>

When the game had its best world pvp state it was when PvE gear was king and the the ultimate gear for PvP. Dont blame Blizzard for trying to get the game back to when World pvp was awesome. Fully support them in the effort to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    When the game had its best world pvp state it was when PvE gear was king and the the ultimate gear for PvP. Dont blame Blizzard for trying to get the game back to when World pvp was awesome. Fully support them in the effort to make it.
    It have never been this big of a difference before, and it makes me wonder how the "pvp" island in WoD will become. Its "unfair" that I as a pvper dont stance a chance in Wpvp becouse my best gear is 522ilvl and someone that do pve have 553++ The base resiliance indea they had was good enough but common its way to high lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    why would it be fixed , its supposed to be that way , like in vanilla ;>
    Who says its supposed to be that way?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    "best" is completely subjective. You don't know blizzard is trying to get the game back to when world pvp was "awesome".