Deleted

I want a more dynamic world with random encounters!

RANDOM Dynamic world events! To spice up the whole world, not just WoD.

How hard can it be to make a NPC that goes and kidnap NPC's/players and we have to save them?
    A ship that rocks (they dont do it now) and sails to random locations and invades or trades, cities, willages etc etc?
    Army of Yygers (random mob's) that invade the cities or villages and your jobb is to defend or participate in the invasion?
    Random rares you can kill or that give quests?
    Random faction quests/encounters, ex. the good idea to kill the Faction Bosses ones a week to get loot.
    I can go on forever and i dont say my ideas are great because im not a game developer/designer, just think what they could come up with?

What im trying to say here, i cant se how this is not implemented yet as it IS easy to do so, the tech is there and it would make the WHOLE world more alive, and players would actually VISIT the world after leveling. Whats the point with an gigantic world that is almost useless after leveling characters or farming professions?

15+ Year Old Account
    Get ready to play Camelot Unchained.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Yygers View Post

How hard can it be to make a NPC that goes and kidnap players and we have to save them?
    -snip-
    "OK folks, I'm going to log in to help replace the guy who dropped out, just give me a... What the... GOD DAMNIT! I got kidnapped!!! "
    "Stupid blizz... go find a replacement for me, otherwise we'll be here all night..."

Also, it wouldn't be much fun for the kidnapped player to sit in a dark cell waiting for other players, would it? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    "OK folks, I'm going to log in to help replace the guy who dropped out, just give me a... What the... GOD DAMNIT! I got kidnapped!!! "

Also, it wouldn't be much fun for the kidnapped player to sit in a dark cell waiting for other players, would it? :P
    then reverse it: they kidnap you and you need to escape from a solo scenario or something like that, naked and using a magic stealth ring you hid up your ass.

I have to wonder if this thread was intended to be funny or ironic givent hat this is one of the features blizz talked about being in the expansion...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I have to wonder if this thread was intended to be funny or ironic givent hat this is one of the features blizz talked about being in the expansion...
    "RANDOM Dynamic world events! To spice up the whole world, not just WoD."

Deleted
    That's GW2

Deleted
    Rejoice, the devs agree and WoD will have more of that.

edit: nvm, didnt read your whole post.

Sounds like a waste of dev time.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    then reverse it: they kidnap you and you need to escape from a solo scenario or something like that, naked and using a magic stealth ring you hid up your ass.
    Sorry, I hear that slot is going to be used to store all of the "heirlooms".

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

How hard can it be to make a NPC that goes and kidnap NPC's/players and we have to save them?
    A ship that rocks (they dont do it now) and sails to random locations and invades or trades, cities, willages etc etc?
    Army of Yygers (random mob's) that invade the cities or villages and your jobb is to defend or participate in the invasion?
    Random rares you can kill or that give quests?
    Random faction quests/encounters, ex. the good idea to kill the Faction Bosses ones a week to get loot.
    I can go on forever and i dont say my ideas are great because im not a game developer/designer, just think what they could come up with?

What im trying to say here, i cant se how this is not implemented yet as it IS easy to do so, the tech is there and it would make the WHOLE world more alive, and players would actually VISIT the world after leveling. Whats the point with an gigantic world that is almost useless after leveling characters or farming professions?
    The randomness of the events eventually turn into tedious, predictable repetition. I know, I've played GW2. It gets old, fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    The randomness of the events eventually turn into tedious, predictable repetition. I know, I've played GW2. It gets old, fast.
    What she said.
    True endless randomness in games is just not realistically feasible.

How about they make sure that it is successful in WoD before putting time and effort into making it available throughout the whole world?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Sorry, I hear that slot is going to be used to store all of the "heirlooms".
    10/10 I died

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That's GW2
    They aren't exactly random?