Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    MoPs extreme Melee unfriendliness drove to me to make my Lock one of my two mains that are both range.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    MoPs extreme Melee unfriendliness drove to me to make my Lock one of my two mains that are both range.
    SOO has many bosses that are melee friendly

Deleted
    Because they are too hard to play people say :-P

Destro is the most relaxing spec in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    My fire is green and Mages are Jealous.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I started I wanted a class with pets because you know, pets are all cool when you are like 12 (or 13, I don't even know) years old. Started as a Warlock, fell in love with it and 8 years later I'm still playing a Warlock.

Wanted something that'd be close to a Necromancer. Caster + curses + summons = win.

Besides it's the most bad ass class in the game. That's the only reason you need.

awesome aesthetics and lore.

I just wish I could play the fun role (tanking) as a warlock. choosing between the awesome class without the fun role, or lame classes that can be in the fun role isn't fun.

I do have a paladin, a death knight and a monk and I tank on them but... it's just not as awesome as being a warlock
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started as a Rogue (for 1 day) cause that was the most true to my normal method of choosing squishy, but highly bursty classes in games, that could take out stuff before it could hurt you, mostly. I found out that that didn't quite work in WoW as it had in other games (hence only 1 day).

So I made a Hunter on my second day in WoW and that was MUCH better, I had a pet to distract whatever I was attacking and I could just pewpew from a distance. That could have been the end of it, but I had no real love for the Hunter class. I was attached to my char because it was powerful, and let me play in a safe and secure way, but it wasn't special. Which probably helps in explaining why I burned out on the game in a pretty short time at first.

Before quitting though I'd tried making some alts, and the only one of those that really made me think they were awesome was the Warlock I made. They had a pet, which made them familiar, but they had this darkness around them, with awesome sounding abilities, and actual COOL pets, instead of the rather boring Hunter ones. The whole idea of Warlocks just tickled my fancy more then Hunters had done, and I greatly enjoyed the tiny bit of playing I did on my Belf lock before I quit the game.

When I returned the choice of what class I should roll on a different server was easily made. And even though the intention was to keep my Hunter as my main that never actually happened. I played him 2 hours maybe? The rest of the time I spent playing my Warlock, who was MUCH more fun to play, with much more class feeling to it then I'd had with my Hunter. The way we obtained our Demons with quests with several steps was FAR more personal then the Hunter pets had ever been (which is kinda ironic when you know that the idea is that Warlock see their demons as just tools. I always had that feeling much more about Hunter pets, when you still had to tame pets and learn abilities off of them and then teach those abilities to your "main" pet. You tamed and discarded pets as you saw fit just for their abilities. They were just tools. Whereas the Warlock pets actually had to be summoned with special stuff and then defeated, before you could call them your own. That was PERSONAL.).

Anyway, between the cooler pets, and the fact you were a slightly "evil" person that nevertheless did what was right, and the far more fun class abilities/spells then I had experienced on other classes made my Warlock just feel right.

And all of that hasn't changed, despite now having lots of alts with their own admittedly fun and unique styles. Warlocks are simply better in everything that makes a class important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    They were the Dark Shadowy caster..
    They "were", that is correct. Nowadays shadowpriests get all the elegant dark presentation and Warlocks stick to the cheesy fel stuff. Don't get me wrong, but I cannot imagine most of the old school Warlocks including me picking the class for the fel aspect instead of the shadowy aspect.

Therefore, "shadow" made me play the Warlock and "shadow" made me leave it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's currently the go to ranged class for fun. My poor old mage can't even compare :<

Deleted
    When I created my Forsaken Warlock back in the day (WoW-Release), the vanilla cinematic played a huge role towards my choice. I wanted to be that guy from the cinematic who made the ground below his feet rot and had that fiery stone monster with him.

I just didn't reroll to the day. Kept being mister awesome from the vanilla cinematic.

edit: actually my warlock felt far from being captain awesome when being raped by some spiders in arathi highlands, standing there, oom, needing to life tap. Right after release I actually needed the help from a warrior friend to effectively complete quests above level 40 But it all payed off when I got my molten core raid spot for being able to banish adds on Garr and cast Curse of Elements for the mages.
    Last edited by mmocbd24f84edd; 2013-11-19 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    They "were", that is correct. Nowadays shadowpriests get all the elegant dark presentation and Warlocks stick to the cheesy fel stuff. Don't get me wrong, but I cannot imagine most of the old school Warlocks including me picking the class for the fel aspect instead of the shadowy aspect.

Therefore, "shadow" made me play the Warlock and "shadow" made me leave it.
    old school warlock here, and demonic > shadow

fel = the pinnacle of demonic magic.

so fel > shadow

I'd bet that many more people rolled warlocks because they summoned demons than because of corruption and shadow bolt lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I love the class. Played rogue to about level 20 in the open beta of vanilla, but switched to warlock just from reading each class description on the blizzard website (before they even had the info on the character creation screen). Dark caster, summons demons, uses fire and shadow... and the biggest selling point for me was "they like to use spells that deal damage over time, watching their victim reel in agony" or something similar.

Leveled 3 different warlocks to max level, 60, 70 and now 90 (sold the first one just before TBC, gave/sold the second one to a friend) and no matter how many other classes I try I know I'm always going to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    SOO has many bosses that are melee friendly
    depends what "friendly" means to you, there are few bosses, where melee is just aids, and on the others they are equal or slighty worse then ranged, and that only if you have less or just 2 melees

i started playing lock mid-late cata as a twink because they looked badass and i wanted to play (ranged)dot-class since i loved my feral-main back then
    Last edited by Violetti; 2013-11-19 at 06:50 PM.

Vanilla raid needed a warlock more, so i got more or less promised the spot if i picked warlock, on top of me thinking it was a cool concept with en evil undead warlock killing everything.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Warlock is a darker class like Dk, and that's what i really like in them, not mention that they always were good dps class (even if somcontents it were hard or not) and fun class at all. 3 different kind of dps spec is always fun. Not mention that they got the green fire in this content which is awesome . Nothing is better than an Orc Warlock

The theme of the class is very interesting and dark. Maybe I'm a sadist but that dark and evil theme draws me in. The three specs are also very different and play different. Warlocks have more depth than most classes so there is more fulfilment from mastering the class. They're just badass

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd bet that many more people rolled warlocks because they summoned demons than because of corruption and shadow bolt lol
    Won't disagree there. However, as of WoW launch, Warlocks had the monopoly of being the "Dark Class". I find that to be different nowadays and its not in favor of the Warlock class in my opinion.