Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Do LFR the beginning of the reset instead of the end and you'll have a lot higher success-rate.
    I've done LFR every tier in MoP on alts, in the beginning on my main too for the legendary questline etc. Groups always got better as time progressed, however it's been getting worse each tier. Lei Shen was already pretty brutal on LFR most times, people just didn't bother to learn. SoO is now so painful it's shocking.

Again, I don't understand why we don't get a minimal ability check before queueing LFR, a bare minimum of gating. I didn't use to care, and it doesn't affect my main characters, but I think it's such a sad trend and it's not helping the raiding community, in fact I think it's harming it by introducing potential new raiders to the content in a mindless, dumbed down fashion that actually intimidates them towards higher difficulties. I've seen newer players that did LFR try normal. It's not a pretty sight. They usually give up, because they were never introduced to how to actually play the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Keep telling yourself that.
    I have ran LFR every week for months and I think I wiped once maybe twice on Immerseus in the beginning of the patch.

Just confirming its highly unusual groups wipe on that boss.

If the 13 groups you've been in fail so badly, have you thought that it might be your fault? You are what's common in all 13 groups?
    Of all the LFR I've run, I have not had a wipe on the first boss, several on the 2nd.

I never seen things such as the OP states but I guess it is possible although I think he is exaggerating.
    If the group doesn't seem to know what to do sitting back and wiping is just stupid.
    Personally I will explain what everyone has to do and even their spell rotation sometimes if they are just clueless.
    Regardless we always finish and most of the time people thank me for weeks and I have made some friends along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I've been in 13 LFR's for SoO this week, none of them got past the first boss. Most of them continuously wiped on trash, and of the three groups that did make it to the boss, they never got past the first phase. I definitely know that I'm not the only other player suffering from these failed groups, I was in a conversation with another raider who was trying to just get a 2h weapon from the boss, he was in a dozen other LFR groups that all died on first boss too, and he still hasn't gotten a chance to get his weapon. All of this time waiting to get into SoO for two hours, then waiting another hour to finally figure out that they won't ever get past the first boss before requeuing. It's really, really aggravating.

P.S: I've spent over a thousand gold on repairs, without any loot to show for it. Lesson learned: never LFR on weekends.
    Bad troll. I call bullshit. I haven't had a problem with any boss over the past 2 weeks. The occasional wipe on Pride since he's not a pure tank n spank, but every other boss pretty much is. Including Immersius.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    LF"R" was not designed in order to cater to players with no more skill at playing than a chimpanzee flinging poo at spectators in the zoo is accurate. At least I hope that this was not the intent.
    Of course it was. If it were not, there would be a minimum personal performance filter before one could get gear.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    To the people calling bullshit: it's not.
    13 wipes may be exaggerated and unlucky, but several wipes and groups disbanding on Immerseus is something I have personally witnessed just last week.
    You won't get it in every group, and i'm sure it has to do with your realmpool too. On my realmpool I've seen terrible LFRs like this consistently. And no, it's not me that is the common factor, without being arrogant I can safely say that most LFRs i join only clear bosses because of me and some guildies when we join. People are simply getting worse and worse.

This is probably just 1 extreme example thats being blown out of proportion.

The ONLY wing, I have had trouble with so far is Retribution. Galarakis is bad when people don't know how to set up a tower group, Iron jugg is bad when 90% of the raid flies to far away from the boss, twin shamans can be too much towards the end, and nazgrim was originally a tight dps check with the majority of the kills I saw where right when enrage hit.

This was only a few weeks ago, for the past few weeks on multiple toons I've had nothing but an easy ride. I'd say in fact that the usually easy tuesday clears are getting worse and I'm having better success at very early mornings in the weekends.

Really these raids only need a very short explanation and very low amounts of leadership, but they will fail with 0% of either one. With you being the kind of person who makes posts and complains about how easy things are and how mad you are at how dumb other players are, it is partly your fault for not stepping up into that leadership position. I mean seriously, people complain about setting up groups for Spoils but you literraly take 1 tank 2 heals, put them in group 6 and you're pretty much good to go. How hard is that, why is it such a burden for you to take that responsibility. You have to realize there is a very large amount of people that either A>It's there first time in the dungeon, or B>Never were exaplined to why there were doing what they are doing. You can't fight fire with fire, so stop trying to fight stupidity and laziness with stupidity and laziness. You can either sit there, do nothing, and complain about the results, or grow a pair and maybe try to change what you know will inevitably happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Do LFR the beginning of the reset instead of the end and you'll have a lot higher success-rate.
    This is true though... yet it is a very small window of oportunity for such a "great" tool...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Meaning..all the raidgroups that could do anything between 1/14 normal and 14/14 HM have suddenly become so bad they cannot go past LFR Immersus?

WTF? No, those pople that failed were never and will most likely never be part of any "raiding community"

Are you going to assume that if "1327 ppl quit WoW before they reached lv 20" that is what the "entire WoW community" has become?
    It's true these people are, for the most part, not actual raiders. However, the LFR experience has a negative influence on the chance of them ever becoming one. People may not realize this, but most good raiders today didn't start the game as hardcore raiders or even passable ones. Yeah sure there were always the hardcore gamers that would master the game quickly, but for the overwhelming majority it's a slow process of becoming better while enjoying the game in their own time. LFR does nothing to aid this, in fact by now I would argue it is passively preventing this. For many players that started WoW since DS LFR, LFR has either removed the motivation to see the harder content since it's "the same content", or the difficulty curve is just too intimidating. In my opinion, LFR should introduce people to the basics of raiding and motivate them to go further. I don't see it doing that, over the course of MoP I believe it has caused a recession of new normal/heroic raiders if anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A View Post
    This is probably just 1 extreme example thats being blown out of proportion.

The ONLY wing, I have had trouble with so far is Retribution. Galarakis is bad when people don't know how to set up a tower group, Iron jugg is bad when 90% of the raid flies to far away from the boss, twin shamans can be too much towards the end, and nazgrim was originally a tight dps check with the majority of the kills I saw where right when enrage hit.

This was only a few weeks ago, for the past few weeks on multiple toons I've had nothing but an easy ride. I'd say in fact that the usually easy tuesday clears are getting worse and I'm having better success at very early mornings in the weekends.

Really these raids only need a very short explanation and very low amounts of leadership, but they will fail with 0% of either one. With you being the kind of person who makes posts and complains about how easy things are and how mad you are at how dumb other players are, it is partly your fault for not stepping up into that leadership position. I mean seriously, people complain about setting up groups for Spoils but you literraly take 1 tank 2 heals, put them in group 6 and you're pretty much good to go. How hard is that, why is it such a burden for you to take that responsibility. You have to realize there is a very large amount of people that either A>It's there first time in the dungeon, or B>Never were exaplined to why there were doing what they are doing. You can't fight fire with fire, so stop trying to fight stupidity and laziness with stupidity and laziness. You can either sit there, do nothing, and complain about the results, or grow a pair and maybe try to change what you know will inevitably happen.
    I've seen people step up, and I used to do so myself. It changes NOTHING. I've seen people literally raidwarn spam "stop dps!" about 100 times during Nazgrim Def Stance (before the nerf), at least half the DPS just kept happily nuking. I've seen people trying to explain bosses, it matters nothing, noone pays attention. Because they know/hope they'll get carried through eventually. There are no repercussions, you'll get your loot in the end. You never have to bother actually learning a fight, because at some point Blizzard nerfs it down so that this attitude is catered to.

Flex and Normal were no different this weekend. Hubby works nights and myself days so we've been trying to wait till weekends so we can still raid together. I don't even know how much we spent in repairs b/c of that this weekend. I finally just gave up and leveled one of my 2 remaining alts. The sheer amount of stupidity for people who can't move their feet, can't target swap, can't watch a timer to perform a special duty, etc ..... it's enough to make me want to just quit till WoD, but I know it's going to be the same then as well.

A lot of people aren't believing OPs story.

Think about Immersues. What can kill you? Jumping in the middle, corrosive blast, bubble explosion, sha puddle. Most of these are pretty much jokes even on normal, however remember that LFR is concentrated failure.

If the tanks stand on eachother the corrosive blast is gonna suck. If a Mage stays in the puddle eventually they will die, same with players standing under spray at the start. You all know how much LFRetards love to tunnel, and it is the healers fault if they die while spamming icelance.

Then he splits. In a normal raid group everybody takes some adds and murders them. In LFR? Well half the dps is afk/semi afk, and healers are in dps spec.

So yes, you can wipe on immersues. Ive gotten 3 stacks ego tether few who were trying got enough determination to properly carry others. I don't blame OP, a group wiping on that boss does not bode well.

Never had an issue on any of the first wing of SoO. One shotted every boss, every time. Just made sure not to do it in the first 2 weeks it was out.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Flex and Normal were no different this weekend. Hubby works nights and myself days so we've been trying to wait till weekends so we can still raid together. I don't even know how much we spent in repairs b/c of that this weekend. I finally just gave up and leveled one of my 2 remaining alts. The sheer amount of stupidity for people who can't move their feet, can't target swap, can't watch a timer to perform a special duty, etc ..... it's enough to make me want to just quit till WoD, but I know it's going to be the same then as well.
    When you give people 540 ilvl through LFR they spill over into real content. The majority of forum goes tell peopl they only need a low ilvl for flex and that it would be fine. Oh but wait, it is a low ilvl ANd COMPETENCE.

I don't join pugs who haven't downed Galakras anymore. Last pug I joined steamrolled Naz and Malkorok before their raid time ended.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Every wing feels like Heroic Lich King when 90% of the raid stands in everything, doesn't move, and is either auto-hitting or dying quickly to do something else and hopefully get loot.
    I didn't say it was hard for the sensible individual. I said it can suck, because it require responsibility from several players. (towergroup/kill wolfriders at garrosh/people not being clueless on blackfuse). It can still easily be a wipe there regardless of you doing it everything right.

Edit:
    Durh. I misread your post. I agree with you >.<
    Last edited by Terridon; 2013-11-19 at 02:05 PM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't help myself but to suspect the OP being a made up story.
    Certainly LFR is not an ideal raiding environment. It cannot be that, for the lack of ideal coordination of 25 people. There's no vent, there's no real raid lead.
    There are one or the other afk'er. There are once in a while those who purposely try to sabotage the runs.
    But 13 wipes, all on the first boss? That I call to be a made up story.
    The LFR community has long begun to adjust to SoO, and even Garrosh goes a lot better nowadays. I noticed that, since I've ran a few wings this last week, after basically taking a break from these activities entirely. In my observation the worst day for LFR is usually Sunday. That's when everyone from grandma to the 7 yrs old kiddo has time to sit on the computer and plays the game. Can also be noticed in other parts of the game, like World events, and Battlegrounds.
    And I've had the guts to do LFR 4 on Sunday... It went smooth like butter.... One shotting everything, except Garrosh, which had 2 wipes. After those two wipes everyone knew what it was all about and Garrosh died too.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Not possible.
    Second that, plain lie.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I can't help myself but to suspect the OP being a made up story.
    Certainly LFR is not an ideal raiding environment. It cannot be that, for the lack of ideal coordination of 25 people. There's no vent, there's no real raid lead.
    There are one or the other afk'er. There are once in a while those who purposely try to sabotage the runs.
    But 13 wipes, all on the first boss? That I call to be a made up story.
    The LFR community has long begun to adjust to SoO, and even Garrosh goes a lot better nowadays. I noticed that, since I've ran a few wings this last week, after basically taking a break from these activities entirely. In my observation the worst day for LFR is usually Sunday. That's when everyone from grandma to the 7 yrs old kiddo has time to sit on the computer and plays the game. Can also be noticed in other parts of the game, like World events, and Battlegrounds.
    And I've had the guts to do LFR 4 on Sunday... It went smooth like butter.... One shotting everything, except Garrosh, which had 2 wipes. After those two wipes everyone knew what it was all about and Garrosh died too.
    It's all relative. Sometimes you get lucky and get a group full of raiders on alts / players with brains. Other times you get groups like OP described. Again, i've personally witnessed similar groups. My LFR attempt on a late Monday night last night saw I believe 3 or 4 wipes on Immerseus, then the group disbanded and after waiting for 15 minutes or so i left as well. It had about half the healers either dpsing or simply afk, the rest of them running around like headless chicken not knowing what to do where. Tanks that didn't know what to do, one of them (i kid you not) was literally running around in a circle the whole time. DPS were largely either standing in Corrosive inspite of being told to spread out, /afking in puddles and dying since healers weren't anywhere near them and they wouldn't move, or dying to Spray. Every Split phase, 1/3 of the raid died due to healers not being spread or simply not healing when globules aoed the raid when reforming with Immerseus.

Yes, this really happens.

I did LFR Sunday, hammered, and cleared 14/14 with only a couple of bosses giving the PUGs trouble. I was healing on my shaman, though I think I was elemental the first 4.... hard to remember. Point is - it's not hard. The mechanics of fights are so easy to figure out, with DBM it's fail proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    I did LFR Sunday, hammered, and cleared 14/14 with only a couple of bosses giving the PUGs trouble. I was healing on my shaman, though I think I was elemental the first 4.... hard to remember. Point is - it's not hard. The mechanics of fights are so easy to figure out, with DBM it's fail proof.
    The thread wasn't made to say it's hard. It was made to give an example of how bad players have gotten inspite of this (in my opinion, because of this).

I think we all know a very basically skilled group will never have issues in LFR. Yet experiences like the one OP has detailed are becoming quite common, at least on my realmpool. My guild largely avoids LFR these days it's become so bad.