Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Personally I find Chakra quite fun. Makes you think about whether you are raid healing or single target healing, and its nice to feel like you can switch between the two at will. What I dislike most about it is the 30 second cooldown, which really restricts how you use it as you kind of get 'locked' in a stance. I have never played a class where you get stance locked like Chakra and Holy Priest.

Still balancing Chakra is quite precarious, since if it was buffed up too powerful, you wouldn't even want a holy priest to switch. You'd just get 2 holy priests, one who stays in tank healing mode and one who stays in raid healing mode for the whole fight.

Well Chakra is a core part of a Holy Priest. Saying you 'have to use it' to win on the metres is like Resto Shaman saying they have to use healing totems to win on the metres and be par with other healers.
    Do you realize you're basically saying its ok if Hpriests ignore half of their toolkit? Is that your definition of fun? Hell, you're even saying the if Chakra is buffed, one should bring 2 holy priests, one on Serenity and one on Sanctuary, without ever switching. You just killed the concept you consider as "fun". Do you realize its impossible for 10m holy priests to ever be as effecient or useful as other healers because they cannot deal with tank damage and raid damage effeciently at the same time? Do you realize its one of the main reasons Hpriests are the least desired spec by raid leaders? God, posts like this annoy me, I wonder if you raid at all or maybe do 25m and you're happy with the 3 button stance healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Still balancing Chakra is quite precarious, since if it was buffed up too powerful, you wouldn't even want a holy priest to switch. You'd just get 2 holy priests, one who stays in tank healing mode and one who stays in raid healing mode for the whole fight.

Well Chakra is a core part of a Holy Priest. Saying you 'have to use it' to win on the metres is like Resto Shaman saying they have to use healing totems to win on the metres and be par with other healers.
    Agreeing with the other posters before me here. Actually we already have Priests sticking to 1 stance in 25 man and then those who are punished in 10 because the current damage patterns consist of both tanks + raid taking heavy spikey damage and when you 2 heal Hcs you have to do both - that's kind of 1 of the reasons why people say chakra is a silly concept as it hasn't succeeded in its designed intent.
    I do question whether you actually raid on a Holy Priest if you can even think to compare Chakra with totems....
    Last edited by mmoc76daca7658; 2013-11-18 at 12:30 PM.

I'm done with Chakra. I went to the trainer and killed it - all gone. In other news, I spent Sunday morning and did Brawlers guild through the end of rank 8, and I farmed up an egg on the Isle of Giants (365 bones to get there).

15+ Year Old Account
    30s, 15s or 5s; it won't matter! With Chakra you can only do well at one thing at a time anyway, and there will be mixed ST & AoE dmg to heal anyway! There is no "right stance" to be in, ever, only "less wrong" if you get me, because you want to use all your spells to heal.

Just take Serendipity and FH proccs synergy for example; Serendipity is triggered by FH and gives improved PoH. Doh. Mostly AoE spells triggers FDCL (AoE triggers instant ST heal). Add to this the 2p bonus and you have a lot of contradictions about mixing spells from cross-Chakras...

Holy is so messed up with Chakra with any CD on it. It doesn't matter!
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2013-11-19 at 10:08 AM.

Hopefully with my bringing it up to Greg directly at the Q&A he will get rid of the 25% at the very least :P
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Hopefully with my bringing it up to Greg directly at the Q&A he will get rid of the 25% at the very least :P
    Really hope so! Was cheering when I saw you ask this He just seemed a bit vague though in his reply and I'm sure people have been asking GC on twitter about Chakra but I've yet to see him reply on the topic which is a bit depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffnifty View Post
    Really hope so! Was cheering when I saw you ask this He just seemed a bit vague though in his reply and I'm sure people have been asking GC on twitter about Chakra but I've yet to see him reply on the topic which is a bit depressing.
    He was vague but he did admit that they know it's a problem. Stances have left every other class so we're only destined to be next.

Deleted
    Yeah good job bringing that up Kel.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Agreed

What I don't get is why they are against stance dancing aka chakra dancing. Holy is balanced according to the 25% bonus so they will be on par with other healers, other healers don't have to go into a specific stance to be competitive in whatever they are doing. Switching between effective aoe and ST healing is just switching spells for other healers. Yet for holy priests you need to swap a chakra first before you pull competitive numbers in that role.

And chakra dancing gives it something unique compared to other healers, but for some reason its looked down on...
    Didn't they remove stance dancing from warriors?

They need to remove Chakra. It is like Tier 6 from mage talent tree. It isn't rewarding, it isn't fun, and the choice is bland. It would fit in vanilla, but it doesn't fit anymore in MMO of 2013.

If Chakra is removed and the bonus is baked in what happens to the Holy Word spells though? If they make the Holy Word spells baseline (sharing CD) without requiring chakra it would clutter actionbars. Which makes me believe holy needs a rather major revamp, and the 15 sec CD is just a bandaid till Blizz gets to it.

They also need to remove and replace PoH. And make PoM bounce # scale on group size could be a start.

And they need to make sure absorb healing versus hot is never 1:1 on the HPS. Not by game mechanics such as Malkorok and Tortos but by sheer numbers. This doesn't mean buff holy, it means nerf discipline. That, or make absorbs work more like Temporal Shield (which boils down to Ancestral Vigor).
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-11-19 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    They also need to remove and replace PoH. And make PoM bounce # scale on group size could be a start.

And they need to make sure absorb healing versus hot is never 1:1 on the HPS. Not by game mechanics such as Malkorok and Tortos but by sheer numbers. This doesn't mean buff holy, it means nerf discipline. That, or make absorbs work more like Temporal Shield (which boils down to Ancestral Vigor).
    I don't think PoH will be removed. If it is Discipline will only have 2 regular heals which aren't smart heals; Flash and Greater - even they're not used too frequently.

I'm not sure discipline needs another nerf, healing seems pretty well balanced at the moment. Sure, disc snipes a fuckton of healing from every other class but it doesn't have a very good accelerator peddle like other classes (Shaman/druid and to a lesser extent monk for example). Disc is almost completely balls to wall for the duration of a fight, any damage above what my gear can handle and I feel utterly useless. Too many times have I wanted to save someone but everything is on cd already and smite/flash take too long to cast (damage feels very dead or alive in SoO will little in-between).

When we over gear content against non-absorb classes discipline certainly does edge in front on most occasions (and paladins do a little as well). I don't think this is really an end of the world problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post

Didn't they remove stance dancing from warriors?

They need to remove Chakra. It is like Tier 6 from mage talent tree. It isn't rewarding, it isn't fun, and the choice is bland. It would fit in vanilla, but it doesn't fit anymore in MMO of 2013.

If Chakra is removed and the bonus is baked in what happens to the Holy Word spells though? If they make the Holy Word spells baseline (sharing CD) without requiring chakra it would clutter actionbars. Which makes me believe holy needs a rather major revamp, and the 15 sec CD is just a bandaid till Blizz gets to it.
    I'm not Kel, haha. Kel asked a question like 5 after me (that I recommended since I stole her question lol).

I think Chakra can still exist but then provide bonuses such as the holy words without the 25% baked in. If they get rid of that then the choice is more meaningful and less penalizing. We can still offer single target healing in blue chakra but we just don't have serenity, not the end of the world, right?

I'm not Kel, haha. Kel asked a question like 5 after me (that I recommended since I stole her question lol).

I think Chakra can still exist but then provide bonuses such as the holy words without the 25% baked in. If they get rid of that then the choice is more meaningful and less penalizing. We can still offer single target healing in blue chakra but we just don't have serenity, not the end of the world, right?
    That's an idea.

Blue: ST heals renew Renew, and gives Serenity.
    Yellow: Extra range on CoH, extra bounce or 2 on PoM, and Sanctuary (Which needs a buff in its own right)
    Red: +50% Holy & Shadow damage, Smite has a chance of removing the cooldown of Holy Fire, and you get the stun (Which needs to hit more than smite..)

This way, you'd still use Blue if no need for AoE healing primarily due to Serenity and Renew. Yellow for AoE phases with the extra range or bounces (Or some other buff) and ability to blanket w/ Sanctuary, and Red if you need to pew pew. Each Chakra offers its advantage in that area, without completely gimping the other ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want a link to that Q&A pls. Was it US only? Completly missed that.

Deleted
    Sorry I mixed you up with Kel! Just watched the video again and the Q is around 11:15 before that is about smart heals.

Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    I don't think PoH will be removed.
    Oh I don't think it will be removed either (I meant replaced rather, btw) , but it should be...

It is the last game mechanic which is group-wide only. Every other healer has range-based AoE healing on low CD or bound to a limited resource mechanic (Circle of Healing, Wild Growth, Wild Mushroom, Holy Radiance, Light of Dawn, Chain Heal, Healing Stream Totem, Spinning Crane Kick, and all long AoE CDs).

Sure in 10 man it does not matter much but 10 man is dead in WoD, it will be the minimum size. Anyone here ever healed Flex on priest with 12 people in group? Aren't you done always needing assist to manage the groups? And changing people around in groups means they are sometimes harder to find. Suddenly the guy you want to BoP is in group 5 instead of group 2. If he is either in group 2 or 3 its not much of an issue. But 5 groups or 25 people is too much to quickly go through.

When we over gear content against non-absorb classes discipline certainly does edge in front on most occasions (and paladins do a little as well). I don't think this is really an end of the world problem though.
    It was much worse in 5.0/5.1. Doing LFR with 3 discipline priests, one could go AFK and the other healers could go DPS.

He completely ignored your question and gave his generic vague answer "we might just remove chakra, we might change it"

seriously.... if he doesn't know the fucking answer just say so.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

That's you Mazi? Good questions. I get so annoyed when people stand up and say "IS THE SKY BLUE IN WoD??"

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    That's you Mazi? Good questions. I get so annoyed when people stand up and say "IS THE SKY BLUE IN WoD??"
    Hahaha yes that's me. Thank you. That's basically all the other questions were this year too lol. It was a lot of fun going & being able to ask that though!

I think that he knows they are working on it and he knows Chakra in its current state is an issue but they don't have a solution yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    He completely ignored your question and gave his generic vague answer "we might just remove chakra, we might change it"

seriously.... if he doesn't know the fucking answer just say so.
    He could've summed it up like that but that answer would've been vague too. At least he showed us what he is considering, and he admits and recognizes there is a problem (in his first line of reply he almost literally does that by talking generally about similar mechanics like that). Thats fine, it shows there is still room for improvement at the very least. Expansion isn't all set to stone yet, still in development.

I get so annoyed when people stand up and say "IS THE SKY BLUE IN WoD??"
    Change the color of Evocation I'd be ashamed if I was mage ... if I was a mage I would demand a redesign of my tier 6 talent tree for sure. Most boring tier 6 talent choices in game.

They need to remove the 25% bonus from Chakras. All that does is encourage 25-man Holy Priest to use their AoE spells to heal every type of damage.

Anyway, I sincerely would like to see Chakras revamped to something that's more reactive. Make it so that our heals proc a Serenity or Sanctuary 'buff' that would only take effect if the user is in the same Chakra stance as the buff. The Serenity buff could further increase the healing of direct heals by x% for y seconds and redistribute overhealing. The Sanctuary buff could reduce the mana cost of AoE heals by x% for y seconds, while causing each AoE heal to generate a buff stack that boosts the healing of HW: Sanct by z% per stack.

15+ Year Old Account
    So proud of you when you bravely pointed out Chakra is a penalty, and awsome to hear the audience seemed to agree to! Not too satisfied with GC's answer though, and to hear they "like Chakra as a mechanic" but before that say they tried to implement stances several times with other classes but never successfully.. Kind of contradictive.