Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Basically what people are saying is they want a present for the anniversary of something else.

That's the equivalent of me showing up to your birthday party and demanding you give me gifts.

Be thankful we get the XP bonus, they didn't have to actually give us anything.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    It's not like Blizzard would rather spend their time and effort on trying to get the expansion they announced two weeks ago out as quickly as possible so as not to have a repeat of ICC or anything like that, nope, not at all.

They should, instead, focus entirely on revamping an old raid and wasting time on an event that will last two weeks instead of working on content that's permanent.
    If this is your reasoning, then we should never get anything else besides leveling-quests, dungeons, raids.... new xpac with the same things; because Blizz should not waste time on anything else.

This is a stupid way of reasoning really.
    It is Blizz's world/game whatever and they sell it to us, we pay monthly to keep playing. So we are their paying customers.
    In that world there are a lot of things.... and they all belong to our gaming experience.
    And guess what, all of that is the reponsibility to be updated by blizzard.
    When they don't their customers will complain... so don't use this argument that they are working on a new xpac.... they are always working in content you know.

My level 90 DK put that xp boost to good use, so f**k you OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Basically what people are saying is they want a present for the anniversary of something else.

That's the equivalent of me showing up to your birthday party and demanding you give me gifts.

This is not fully true.... it would be more equivalent showing up at the bakery where you buy your bread every day, on the day they are celebrating their anniversary.
    The exist that long, because amongst other, you buy you bread every day in that place and to show you that they appreciate you being a customer, they offer you something.

You are already giving them your money, which you could also spend in another shop.... so just to say to you: "we appreciate you as customer", they give you a gift.
    I personally believe everyone would like that.

I don't think we give our bakery gifts on their birthday, because we have something to with their ongoing existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post

It should be a celebration regardless. It'd actually be like going to a birthday party where there's clowns, cake, ice cream, music and swimming and all you got was a "thanks for the presents" sticker at the front door before being sent back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    My level 90 DK put that xp boost to good use, so f**k you OP!
    It seems you would find some kind of argument to make it look great if Blizzard gifted you a box of crap!

Sry, to say it like this... but it really looks to me like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    It seems you would find some kind of argument to make it look great if Blizzard gifted you a box of crap!

Sry, to say it like this... but it really looks to me like it.
    Um... What?

Quote Originally Posted by blackwatch View Post
    My parents celebrated their anniversary. I bought them a present.
    Blizzard celebrated their anniversary. Did you buy them a present?
    Do you have to pay a monthly fee to make use of their house, electricity, water, other stuff?
    Do you have to pay for their attention, care, love?

Somehow, somewhere you went wrong with this comparisson right?

because comparing your parents to a profit-company in the way you just did, looks to me like an insult to your parents.
    Whatever they did for you, they did for free, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Um... What?
    It sounded like that really, sry. Didn't mean anything by it.......

Since when does Guild Wars have mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I would have been happy with a recolor of a pet. That seriously doesn't take a lot of time to implement; it's not like it's gonna push back WoD for another two months. That's all the year 4 pet was. A recolor of the panda.

Do you have to pay a monthly fee to make use of their house, electricity, water, other stuff?

Somehow, somewhere you went wrong with this comparisson right?

because comparing your parents to a profit-company in the way you just did, looks to me like an insult to your parents.
    Whatever they did for you, they did for free, right?

- - - Updated - - -

It sounded like that really, sry. Didn't mean anything by it.......
    Nothing to be sorry for, I just don't understand what you were saying haha =P

""IT'S THE GAMES ANNIVERSARY, GIVE ME MORE STUUUUUUUUFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!" Is that really a valid reason to get more stuff? Just because the other games do unnecessary bloating about their anniversaries doesn't mean WoW have to aswell, if the anniversary actually means so much to you just play another mmo, Blizzard said last year that no unnecessary effort will be put in the anniversaries from there on out. We get the xp and rep boost though and imho that's really good, I mean common, 9% more of both for 2 weeks? that's amazing!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I take it you have never heard of chores?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquize View Post
    ""IT'S THE GAMES ANNIVERSARY, GIVE ME MORE STUUUUUUUUFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!" Is that really a valid reason to get more stuff? Just because the other games do unnecessary bloating about their anniversaries doesn't mean WoW have to aswell, if the anniversary actually means so much to you just play another mmo, Blizzard said last year that no unnecessary effort will be put in the anniversaries from there on out. We get the xp and rep boost though and imho that's really good, I mean common, 9% more of both for 2 weeks? that's amazing!
    lmao......

Perhaps the biggest reason for people still playing WoW is because so many people still play WoW. If Blizzard had to compete with other games in the areas of quality and customer service, we would either have a far superior product or this game would be dead.

The truth is that the people running this game are damn lazy because they have no competition. I see posts criticizing players for feeling a sense of entitlement, but how can you ignore the fact that Blizzard feels this same sense of entitlement and it is displayed in how they treat their customers. I don't understand why so many posters on this forum seem to think that the greatest good equates to maximizing Blizzard's profit margins, even when those profits come from producing a lower quality product.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15+ Year Old Account
    They're still giving you expansions and content, I'd rather have that than Anniversary gifts, could care less about their anniversary.

well heres how it is. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. you all talk about how they gave a pet for 4th and ony for 5th. i remember the HUUUUUUGGGGGGE outcry when they gave ony for the 5th "OMGZZZZZ REHASH RAID, WHAT BS! BLIZZARD DOESN'T CARE!!!!!!!" so i can see their point of view, why waste resources for the ungrateful instead of putting it toward more permanent projects. because we all know there is one constant in WoW that will never change, no matter what they do for the anniversary or anything for that matter, you WILL complain about it.

For their 9th anniversary, Blizzard will be locking out Flying in the world and allowing you to earn it back after 2 weeks after finishing a chain quest and paying a relatively small gold cost.

Congratulations!
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I'd be pretty happy if the 9% XP/Rep gain lasted longer than one week.

But aside from that, I don't really care if they do something or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    For all the games you listed, each month they are still operational &/or haven't shutdown is an accomplishment. Their anniversary rewards are warranted. BLizz already said a few years ago, that only major milestones will give major rewards. I expect an even with a pet, + a high chance for a mount, next year. Maybe some mog gear, but that wont make or break it for me.