Best profession for a Dwarf, Shaman? Lorewise? :P

Best profession for a Dwarf, Shaman? Lorewise? :P

Dwarf: Blacksmithing = Mining = Jewlcrafting > Engineering > rest
    Shaman: Leatherworking = Skinning = Inscription > Alchemy = Herbalism > rest

Combos that would make sense to me: Blacksmithing+Mining // Skinning+LW // LW+Blacksmithing // Mining+Skinning // Inscription+Alchemy // Alchemy+Herbalism // Inscription+Herbalism.

Engineering doesn't work very well for a Dwarf Shaman imo (although I am one myself), that is unless you make up some unique lore for yourself, but it's not the "average" Dwarf shaman.

Deleted
    I think mining/jewelcrafting works well with both shamans and especially Dwarfs. They also complement each other nicely and while they are not the best professions for boosting your dps numbers I find the increase other professions give not worthwhile enough to go trough the chore of leveling them. Not too mention that I'm a big fan of self reliance when it comes to professions and since I don't have any alts this combo is perfect.
    Obviously shamans tend to be about harmony with the elements so you could argue mining doesn't really fit into that, but on the other hand you are using the gems you retrieve from it and imbue them with shamanistic magic (at least, that's how I rationalize it) so I think it can fit nicely with the class.

I was disappointed when they removed the LW specializations. Thought they added quite a bit of flavour. My answer would have been Dragonscale LW.

It is an interesting question. Professions I associate with shamanism (herbalism, alchemy, LW) are not typcial dwarven fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    Obviously shamans tend to be about harmony with the elements so you could argue mining doesn't really fit into that, but on the other hand you are using the gems you retrieve from it and imbue them with shamanistic magic (at least, that's how I rationalize it) so I think it can fit nicely with the class.
    Well, gems are essentially part of the element "earth", so you take very pure samples of earth to magically imbue your armor with, makes perfect sense .
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Lorewise?

Dwarves are always known as runeforgers, so Inscription and Enchanting is a definitely good choice.

Dwarves are always good as blacksmiths and jewelcrafters, and they are good at mining.

The harsh cold weather they live in would definitely inspire them to be good Leatherworkers, while Tailors/Alchemists might also be okay.

Archaeology, cooking and first aid are always reasonable, while they could have learned Engineering from their gnomish friends.