Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dunno, the lore is nowehere to be seen...i loved WC 3 wow and BC lore...but in lich kings and further Expacs lore wasnt so good...i always read quests and had no so much fun with those last Expacs

I don't miss the color palette in WotLK. I think I played that expansion the least because of the aesthetic dullness.

10+ Year Old Account
    no.... /s "Defile on me!" to this day still makes people strafe away from me...then realizing what just happened followed by "I hate you".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    i dunno, the lore is nowehere to be seen...i loved WC 3 wow and BC lore...but in lich kings and further Expacs lore wasnt so good...i always read quests and had no so much fun with those last Expacs
    BC lore was absolute shit, and this is coming from someone who's favourite expansion was TBC. Blizzard has constantly improved at storytelling via quests since then. I seriously doubt you have read the quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do miss Arthas.
    Wish they could just throw the hooved elf out of the window and bring back the only, true Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Not at all. The LK, and Illidan, were both *horribly* told villians in WoW, and I just don't care for either of them.

LK's main issue is he just felt like some saturday morning cartoon villian. Showing up, "I'm going to stop you with my minions! Ahahahah!" and then we kill his minions constantly. It really diminished the final fight.
    The Lich King and Illidan is probobly the most badass villains WoW has featured so far. So totally disagree with you.

Fortunetly I view Queen Azshara in the same light as the above two, as such I still have my hopes up on a Queen Azshara and her Naga expansion in the future that will mirror the Lich King and his Scourge during Wrath of the Lich King in terms of exceptional lore and atmosphere; "Rise of the Naga Queen".

I have to say I absolutely loved the presence of the Lich King in WoTLK. It seemed like most of the time he was there being an jerk in most of the questing zones (that weren't dedicated to Maly + Uld). I haven't really felt that since. Then again I took a break during Cata but even Deathwing didn't have that same feel while leveling.

I do miss him, best villain WoW has ever had, and Arthas being the best character. I miss the entire Scourge and Northrend theme in general, Cata and MoP just don't even come close. And I doubt WoD will.

Also notice that the subs started to decrease AFTER the Lich King death :P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Lich king was the most well known Warcraft lore. The "feeling" of it can not be recreated. You will miss it, and nothing Blizz can do will ever compare.
    I agree.

Still like the game but them feels bro. Never again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    ...in terms of just lore, MoP beats WoTLK by a long shot. The 5.1 questline, the Klaxxi, Wrathion, etc is alot better than what Wrath had to offer.

See, I'll never understand these people.
    I played WC3 to death and I started playing wow back in 2006. To me wotlk is the best expansion by far so far. MoP was awful. Awful lore and story. Awful characters. Shoe horned ass pull story line. I have no emotional attachment to MoP. It was an effort to level through and just god awful. I felt so disclocated from the expansion. so detached, like an outsider looking in. it didn't impact me at all.

I don't understand you.

It was my fav xpac also.
    And unlike others, i also liked the involvement of the LK throughout the xpac.

If your enemy is as strong as you are, you will try to finish him asap... but if you feel very very superior towards your enemy, then you'll act as the LK did throughout questing and dungening.

Why nust he kill us at sight when is that much more powerfull. He saw us as lice, nothing more and he was waiting for the right time to kill and raise us. He was toying with us as a cat does with a mouse. And remember we where just lice, cause without help we would have never downed him.

A lioness will hunt a wildebeast in packs.. do you think she would hunt on a mouse in a pack also?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    I played WC3 to death and I started playing wow back in 2006. To me wotlk is the best expansion by far so far. MoP was awful. Awful lore and story. Awful characters. Shoe horned ass pull story line. I have no emotional attachment to MoP. It was an effort to level through and just god awful. I felt so disclocated from the expansion. so detached, like an outsider looking in. it didn't impact me at all.

I don't understand you.
    Then you obviously paid zero attention to it at all.

Deleted
    Wotlk had the lore on its side But the expansion on itself was worse than Mop

SO NOPE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    I miss Arthas, not the silly, generic bad guy they made out of Lich King in Wotlk.
    this and this 100%

Thing is WoW is slowly leaving behind its Warcraft lore characters and starting to create new lore characters in the WoW universe. Which I'm perfectly fine with, doesn't mean I was more attached to the Warcraft characters (I played frozen throne to death, so Wrath was easily one of my favorite expansions.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Lich King and Illidan is probobly the most badass villains WoW has featured so far. So totally disagree with you.

Fortunetly I view Queen Azshara in the same light as the above two, as such I still have my hopes up on a Queen Azshara and her Naga expansion in the future that will mirror the Lich King and his Scourge during Wrath of the Lich King in terms of exceptional lore and atmosphere; "Rise of the Naga Queen".
    In WoW, or from what you know from WC?

Because their story telling in WoW, the game we're talking about, WAS abysmal. Illidan, we're off to kill him because he's raising an army to fight Sargeras. Like we're doing. Which for some reason is bad when he does it.

The LK in WoW is what I was referring to. I don't give a rats ass about how awesome he may have been in WC3, because I'm not playing WC3.

Didn't like Arthas in Warcraft 3, not in Frozen Throne, even less in Wrath of the Lich King.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Wotlk was my least favorite expansion, it killed my original server and my guild, Arthas popped up everywhere having his great speeches ,yadda yadda nobody cares moving on, the best part of the expansion was not really tied to him, it was the Titan lore around Ulduar.

So no, I don't miss that pathetic excuse for a Lich King, though we will meet the original one in the next expansion.

Deleted
    I miss wrath, best expansion for me. Unlike bouncy panda's with fake and horribly offensive Chinese accents. !

I really liked Wrath, but the gameplay of it became so stale that I didn't really look at the content. But I really enjoyed the expansion especially Icecrown Citadel. I hope Blizzard comes up with a legacy mode, where you can go in and get your stats squished to the instances level so you can experience it again and actually do mechanics of the fights. Would be nice to have the option to do it with any older tier raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Please don't post in all colored text or custom fonts, as it's distracting and disruptive to the conversation. We give the tools of color and font to be used as accents, but they are not meant to be used for the complete post text.