Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What if it applied 2 stacks of Shadowflame to each target? That could be pretty interesting and different from Affliction (in fact, Corruption doesn't fit the whole Demonology theme imho)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    What if it applied 2 stacks of Shadowflame to each target? That could be pretty interesting and different from Affliction (in fact, Corruption doesn't fit the whole Demonology theme imho)
    Of course it does. We should be using Immolate too. :O

I'd be okay with HoG no longer benefiting from Metamorphosis, although I personally find it kind of fun and rhythmic to shift into meta after HoG.

Whether or not Cataclysm applies corruption or doom isn't a big deal to me, but it'd be kinda neat for it to apply Doom, a spell unique to demonology. (Corruption would probably be more useful, though).

In regard to revising Metamorphosis, though, I think the fact that Metamorphosis makes you stronger AND swaps some abilities is a neat distinction. If the metamorphosis mastery bonus is completely differentiated by skills, then what happens to consumable items/special action buttons/other cooldowns such as Inferno / Infernal Awakening? It may be easier to balance if you know exactly what skills will benefit from mastery in what way, similar to removing HoG weaving, but it'd be less interesting to me.

Deleted
    well the spell isnt "Linked" to meta, so even in meta and the fact that it would apply corruption and corruption turns into doom in meta, cata should still in theory "Only" apply corruption, atleast that is what my sense of logic is telling me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm that's interesting. I kinda doubt it though, but one could dream.

What if it applied 2 stacks of Shadowflame to each target?
    I'd say that's even less likely.

16 -18 secs of 2 stacks of shadowflame + cata + immo aura. I would like to see that

I think the more important question is: Will the damage be affected by Meta?

Chaos Bolt level damage, with a 30%+ damage modifier? Yes please.

Another important question: Will it be worth casting against a single target? I'm guessing yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post

Ha, yeah, no. I seriously doubt Blizz would let an allready envelope pushing ability get fueled by Meta like that.

It says shadowflame damage. Any luck that it may look purple or will it be the orange omelette it was on 5.1 PTR?

Another important question: Will it be worth casting against a single target? I'm guessing yes.
    I guess it will be like dragon roar. our warr uses it on cd on ST bosses

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ha, yeah, no. I seriously doubt Blizz would let an allready envelope pushing ability get fueled by Meta like that.
    It's not that bad, for single target at least. The mage talent Falling Stars puts out much more single target damage than Cataclysm, as the Fire version is the same damage on a 45 second CD, with an additional dot component. The Frost version is 40% more damage on a 30 second CD. So for single target, they win, hands down.

For aoe, however, Cataclysm is far superior as its damage is not split, while the other abilities do split their damage. Therefore, I can see it going either way. For multiple targets, yes the boost would be out of hand, but on one target it should be just fine.

It's not that bad, for single target at least. The mage talent Falling Stars puts out much more single target damage than Cataclysm, as the Fire version is the same damage on a 45 second CD, with an additional dot component. The Frost version is 40% more damage on a 30 second CD. So for single target, they win, hands down.

For aoe, however, Cataclysm is far superior as its damage is not split, while the other abilities do split their damage. Therefore, I can see it going either way. For multiple targets, yes the boost would be out of hand, but on one target it should be just fine.
    Reminds me of s priests Halo. Yes, its a single target dps boost but not OP. However, much stronger with lots of adds. SO, its a road Blizz has already gone down so I don't see them having an issue with cata being a small single target dps boost.